Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

In answer to the elites argument about needing more content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Owyn Magnus, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Glad he's got the support of all you new dawn retards

Win to me

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    phuture likes this.
  2. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

And what does that mean?

3. about0

about0 New Member

Hello again there.
    I have something to tell you. All the tales about 'good elitists' are false. Or semi-false.
    Back in DFO EU we had a clan named Z5 or Zagenda ruled by Foggen. Those guys roamed every single siege with the superior force, gear and skill. They did it on purpose. Ruined the game for many other players.
    Also, I was a part of a clan who did night sieges, asset destruction and other bad for the game stuff. Why? Because it was fun for us.

Conclusion: There always will be jerks who will do the worst legit things to the game. If you are allowed to bindcamp, it will be so. If you are allowed to do asset destruction or sieges on off-time, there always will be someone to do so.

How to fix those issues? I don't have a clue. The game needs to be focused on casuals with a smaller, much smaller impact from 'elitists'. Make holdings important. Remove the possibility to jump over walls with launch, bubble, telekinesis...

Dixie Normus likes this.
  4. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

You do realize your doing the exact same thing only from a different side of it?
    I mean I have my doubts that you see it that way, but it is the same.

Skelly likes this.
  5. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Except I'm clear on my stance and speak from evidence, not emotion.

6. l0st exile

l0st exile Crypt Guard

Well now that all the elites quit. Absolution is returning with their 4 man clan. We're going to see POLITICS and CONTENT return to Agon

7. Avenging Martyr

Avenging Martyr Celestial
    Legend

Back to insults and your default dismissive stance. I'm not going to go toxic on you.

I point out obvious flaws. Easy hit and run harassment using a mechanic that should never have existed. People have done asset damage and run before anyone gets close. There are GM reports about this... I doubt we were the only ones.

Then comes the specific targeting of newer players at weak spawns whether at starter cities or at easy/medium mobs near player cities. Weak gear and at a weak spawn is a easy indicator of a easy target. They do get targeted and we all know it.

I might be abit emotional watching my favorite game die through sheer willful ignorance combined with some sociopathic lack of empathy.

I mean you show me a video of you helping a streamer try darkfall and that was cool.

Still showed me you rarely helped people. A) You didn't tell him to bank the starter goodies immediately B) You did not send him to councilor for starter quests for goblins when he wanted to do goblins. C) Someone gave him a bag with R50 weapons.. You might as well put a "kill me plz" sticker on him etc etc.

Don't get me wrong it was a good thing but when you even try to tell me I don't know what newbs go through you are so wrong.

Videos help but smashing every person who disagrees with insults is childish at best. Knee jerk dismissive responses without point out or without even trying to explain why to a new person shows a complete disregard for them as a person. You lack respect 99% of the time and expect people to kiss your ass cause you make some videos.

You dismiss obvious flaws with crap like "learn to aim" when the people getting jumped are rick rolled thanks to lack of experience/equipment/etc and the first responders are not right there. Hell we are lucky if we're remotely close... You claim we are the most incompetent players ever but we want a high odds escape hatch removed. Scum saving in MMO shouldn't exist. It should not be possible for fights to be continuously reset until someone runs out of stats. Even if chasing was entertaining this is so broken.

Nothing you say really makes sense when you break it down. You act like I'm some nutjob talking about something that doesn't exist. Many of us disagree and frankly most who do disagree won't comment because they are gone. Even BPG realizes the seriousness of the issue but wants to keep it so they are trying.

That previous thread was a wakeup call. You want to throw stones and live in a glass house you can try all you want.

So if you can't loot them at a starter zone why not just make it so you can't harass them at all? I swear there's no real difference for you at all but you still want to enable systems that enable grief. As long as the worst elements can, they will. Hell even our harassment wasn't one guy it was various people and groups when the server was active. Active groups especially with alot of newer people get targetted to hell.

You obviously don't recruit raw untrained people in any real numbers or you'd know this by now.

If we can't figure out solutions then the mechanic needs to be removed.

This is not overly complicated. Stop attempting to pretend the issue doesn't exist.

Wow at least I'm clear it's mainly my opinion by what I see and have experienced. You think you have any evidence this issue doesn't exist or is not a serious problem? Well this makes things easier. Unless you have a real idea or concept to talk about I'm ignoring you from now on.

8. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Lata bitch

Mc Nasty likes this.
  9. Avenging Martyr

Legend

One last response but it's not really for you.

See your community BPG. This is what your catering to and darkfall will die again.

Most of these people willingly ignore known issues and mock any attempts at discussions regarding serious flaws simply because they enjoy broken systems that were never even suppose to exist. Some claim they have "Evidence" or "Facts" without discussing anything relating to the topic.

At best we get told to learn to b-hop which doesn't address how far we are away at the start vs harassers and others who run on sight. The issue being discussed. At least mounts are slower, larger targets and less health than a player. B-Hop while tactically enjoyable when used correctly is a mess with harassment/griefing issues. That's ignoring the blatant issues with fight resetting in general or the endless chasing. They can't B-Hop the whole way but it's still the same thing really. With the changes scouts leading people into ambushes will probably be worst than ever and the same issues exist. Or at least that's how I view the new changes.

Grimetide and pals are frankly sounding alot like some propaganda the media use these days. Insult, Ignore, claim to have facts without sharing anything. Change subjects fast as possible or bring up vacuum arguments that show how it's used properly or how they're a better person than you think. All the while dancing around a real issue without anything constructive or even really relevant to the main problems regarding the issue.

10. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Irony.

11. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Word from a friend is that Avenging is on the ND team and purposed to create trouble on the forums. Glad we fell for it.

12. Avenging Martyr

Legend

Lol, that is rich.

Despite having an amazing dislike for so many things in their game to the point I won't even be attempting to try it on launch despite many people I know doing so.

I'm also apparently a duper and a hacker from what I've heard from people I know. Despite never supporting such methods and BPG has probably investigated me at one point and you notice I'm not on the ban list ;) Grew out of cheating before I was a teenager.

I mean personally I play hardcore games and others on their hardest settings for a challenge. Why would I lower it? I mod games into a higher difficulty usually lol

Like keeping in B-Hop. If I was as bad as you people claim cutting off an easier escape would not be in my favor. Nothing you people say makes sense when you stop and think about it.

If better players are beating on me is removing B-Hop good for me? All it does it cut off my retreat... This logic makes sense to you people? I mean really guys?

PS: I love how you people dismiss it entirely yet at this point both development groups have started to attempt to fix the issues with it because it's so obviously broken.

PSS: It's so obviously desperate the salt is palpable at this point. No logic, No reason just slander and tears and insults and I have to say it is starting to amuse me you can't cobble together any real coherent response or answer that directly relates to the problems with B-Hop when abused.

#292 Avenging Martyr, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  13. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Duper that explains it

14. Avenging Martyr

Legend

Oh yeah guise for sure he admitted it himself right?

Can you even try to form a coherent response without some pathetic attempt at insults?

BPG really needs to edit their ToS and get people to either discuss an actual topic or stay out of the conversation.

15. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

First thing they should do is “tos” crybabies who continue to cry about the same thing.

They are nerfing boho how about wait till it’s implemented before being a little baby.

16. Avenging Martyr

Legend

Irony

I cry it should be removed which does several things

1 Make the hardcore game even more hardcore if you can't easily retreat cause bad players won't win and can't run = dead and if I'm a bad player as you all claim I won't be making it easier for me.

2 Less harassment overall

3 Endless chase scenarios are far less likely. As Harassers have to get close to harass and by the time they actually do asset damage or gank/loot a player someone might get close enough to have a chance to kill their mount and get the bastard. They could still dodge incoming fire and the slower runner firing won't catch up and after a couple mins chasing people will break off cause endless chase could still be a thing but it'll be harder for griefers/harassers to accomplish.

You cry to keep the crutch.

Then endless insult me for wanting to make the game better. I'm not doing the toxic thing so why don't you join me and try logic.

PS: Be careful what you wish for. I'd expect 2% of forumfallers would slip by the crybaby clause.

about0 and Skelly like this.
  17. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Really? that is why you call people stupid and emotional?
    Calling someone a bitch clearly isn't an emotional response.

about0, Avenging Martyr and Skelly like this.
  18. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Shut up bitch.

l0st exile and Korag like this.
  19. Skelly

Skelly Crypt Guard

So when the bunny hop nerf patching coming ? Tommorow ? @Andrew

20. Avenging Martyr

Legend

LOL

At least try. I mean I'm not sure whats amusing you continuing to act like this.

Giving perfect examples of why the ToS should be edited and the forums moderated.

Or how you fail to bring up anything of value over and over.