Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

In answer to the elites argument about needing more content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Owyn Magnus, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

You guys are getting some things confused. Are we zergy? Yes. Are we good at? No. Its not about trying to win because we have heaps of players. We made a community so that new players aren't instantly quitting the game. So now when people die over and over its not as bad cause we are all in coms together laughing about how we just got rolled by 10 players in q5 r70 bags. Take a small group of friends like 4 players brand new to the game who just made their own clan. They level all their stuff up. They decide to go to a villiage. They get destroyed by 1 single player. "Fuck this game, lets go back to diablo 3" RMR gives people a reason to keep playing.

2. Lord Zanuul

Lord Zanuul Spellgazer
    Legend

They can't understand and to be honest I have totally given up trying to explain it to them I really just post for BPG to see

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Marxman

Marxman Obsidian Golem
    Loyal

You are right, we have spread American culture across the world.

lol im kidding calm down, of course what you say is true yes other countries are also racist and toxic, but some are more so than others. I never played on a EU server for any long period of time in any game, im sure many of you here have however, so tell me, are they honestly as toxic as we Americans are? I seriously doubt people from Norway are as toxic and racist as we are...Sure some may be, but is it just as bad as here?

I dont think we have to convince the elitists themselves, but we should try to convince enough of everyone else who are on the sidelines to join in the fight against them, even if it means a massive zerg and making them all cry and quit. If the elitists quit, many others will come back and it will be a net positive. Honestly, I think we already have the numbers to zerg them out of existence, we just have to agree amongst ourselves we are willing to do it and organize it effectively rather than being split up/divided and conquered.

Korag likes this.
  4. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I don't know we have 2v4ed rmr/gg a few times and get a few rage tells and rage logs. It still gets them down. You shouldn't be just trying to win by numbers, new players are never gonna get better that way, they will always get fed up of losing especially to a smaller group. Need to be training up these newer players so they can get by on their own. Not just pad numbers and hope for the best.

Mc Nasty likes this.
  5. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

So let me get this straight... people played darkfall for the massive pvp and left because of the pvp?

Myater, Grimtide and Fengor like this.
  6. Yomi Scythetalon

Outside of video games I can tell you, I've traveled across the world multiple times and most countries are just as racist and toxic as the US.
    --- Post updated ---
    We duel just about every night 1v1s to 8 v 8s. It takes time. The ones you're getting tells from are people who have played the game for years Im sure and are just salty. Im an average player whos played for years and consistently lose my q4 bags, have I ever sent you a rage tell? Don't presume that one or two salty members is the make up of our entire clan/alliance. You've been saying that for months now that people are gonna just quit and we've only gotten larger and larger.

7. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Just a reskin of gentlemen it's okay bud I don't need your cry's and pleas and lies. You begged the server because you wanted another holding one that you would of had a fair fight against our 12 core at sun throne now you're going to face the consequences. I'm not asking anyone i'm paying them and for 250k I think they will come that's free money in their clan bank for their own personal sieges. And unlike you I will fund a real conquest i'll show you what it is when you get sieged every day wondering do they show up today did my whole clan just waste their time..they sieged two different holdings what do we do they showed up to neither...but now there is suddenly another siege do I even bother to show up..? i'm going to spend a good month wasting my time and gold to mess with your entire clan until you're homeless and i'm happy. <--- that is toxic bud.

#22 GSO_taylorswift, Today at 6:40 AM

This is the angry reign kid and this is the kind of shit Oywn is talking about, he is mad cause he was misinformed and doesn't believe anything anyone else tells him. He has said as you can read above that nothing else matters to him besides doing everything he can to hurt the game even further. That is his goal toxicity and this has been going on throughout df history.

I lol at him cause when people get this hurt to say this kind of dumb shit it is funny we all laughed at him, they sieged dag and were still laughing at him. He cares soooooo much.

I don't agree with everything Owyn says but I can least admit he speaks some truth, people like that brain dead kid McNasty will always try to blow it out of per portion and claim he is talking about everyone playing knowing full well that isn't what he said or meant but he has to say it to make emself fell better.

Its whatever keep doing and allowing dumb ass kids like this angry nerd Taylor do the kind of dumb shit that he does and that others have done in the past and it wont matter what changes are made to hopping.
    --- Post updated ---
    How is it so hard understand? Being constantly harassed and losing gear til ya don't have much of anything is not just pvp it hurts the game and pop. It is better right now because a lot of the vets get it if ya push to hard then ya have nothing to push at later on besides 30 elite kids with hormonal Imbalance and r70's

#27 Korag, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Marxman likes this.
  8. Marxman

Marxman Obsidian Golem
    Loyal

Equally? Not even slightly less? Exactly equal? I seriously doubt this, but I admittedly have never even really left my city except when I was a kid. Either way, even if I was an avid world traveler, it would be anecdotal evidence.

If your mind is that simplistic, then yes. Thats what happened.

Now put your helmet back on, you might slip and fall and hurt yourself.

He understands completely, hes just being dishonest is all.

#28 Marxman, Jan 5, 2018
  9. Yomi Scythetalon

"Anecdotal" Is definitely outside my vocabulary so Im out of this conversation now.

Slayven and Marxman like this.
  10. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

If there was ample content for all kinds of players then there would be no need for the 'elites' to harass the 'casuals' for easy fights. So in regards to OP's point about content... he has no point. That's why we want content.

Myater and Slayven like this.
  11. Yomi Scythetalon

How about we I just put a q5 Dragon bag on and run around solo in woflands only while everyone searches for me. That would be fun I think.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  12. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

How is it so hard understand? Being constantly harassed and losing gear til ya don't have much of anything is not just pvp it, hurts the game and pop. It is better right now because a lot of the vets get it if ya push to hard then ya have nothing to push at later on besdiees 30 elite kids with hormonal I'm,
    I agree it needs end game content but to say their is no content is not true it is extremely biased and opinionated and hurting the game that people claim they don't want to hurt and try to claim changes to bhops hurts it more? that is absurd and not realizing the damage a group of players can cause or admitting it is also absurd. You can run anything into the ground if ya A. are just dumb as shit i.e GSO Taylor, or B. You just don't care I.E. Sqaunto. Or c pure ignorance. But it dose irreparable damage to the games active pop

about0, Owyn Magnus and Marxman like this.
  13. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

Couldn't agree more. Especially with sieges. I've seen many many clans give up on siegeing entirely because they were unable to have a siege without having to fight off a second or even third group of try hard who can't be bothered to keep their dicks in their own pants. These same groups never sieged each other and spent all of their time jumping into other peoples shit.

Marxman likes this.
  14. Tuloth

Tuloth Infernal
    Loyal Hero

I mean... both sides are half right here...

Vets griefing noobs (and bads) for PvP is bad for the game. It may not be griefing to them, they are just looking for a fight, but as a bad, losing 5 gear bags in a row is a big motivation to stop logging in for a day or two.

On the other hand, if those same vets had something to go do that is meaningful for them, allows them to progress, fight, receive rewards, etc. That isn't mindlessly roaming the country side looking for 2 dudes farming some B tier mobs, or pounding a holding till the bads log off, it would be beneficial for all.

The issue is more a case of there is no separation of tiers. A noob, a bad, a vet, and an elite can all, and probably will all, occupy the same space. If there was something for elites to go do on one side of the continent, and something maybe slightly less beneficial for the bads to do on the other side... separation would naturally occur, and the curb stomping problem would lessen.

So yea, the solution is content.

Myater, Grimtide, Slayven and 4 others like this.
  15. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

You can't blame somebody for being "better" than someone else, its a video game, the game developers are incharge of keeping it alive, not the players

Grimtide likes this.
  16. Marxman

Marxman Obsidian Golem
    Loyal

Nope, its definitely the players at fault.

17. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I mean players can abuse and make it worse, but it for sure lies in the hands of the developers to find and implement a solution.
    I have been on both sides I have a good understanding from both view points.

Nat likes this.
  18. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Haha trinity you are so obsessed with me its actually creepy, however i dont care to derail another thread with your nonsense. So unless you wanna set something up in game dont mention my name.

As far as marxman i dont know how you bring racism into anything thats been said, but thats pretty funny. Basically what I was getting as is the defeatest mindset of the younger players. They never look at themselves it always a game flaw, a teammates fault, they were outgeared etc. I mean look at your video you guys sounded like a bunch of school girls and you could tell you were looking to run before the fight even started. Thats why you played from the outskirts. You guys actually werent that far from winning that fight but you will concentrate on player names and the gear the wore.

Here is a quote from your vid thread marxman,

"Thats what we plebs should do, fight battles you can win and run from battles you are likely to lose but come back with reinforcements if you can, not give away free loot to elites because of over zealous leaders. I think most people agree with this whether or not they have too large of an ego to admit it."

Exactly my point you dont even want to put yourself in a situation where you could lose. You can duel all day long and its good but nothing is better than open world fights and 7v2ing people isnt going to get you any better at the game. The moment people stop caring about dieing and pixels is the first step to actually improving.

Most players do the right thing by new players. Ive trained and donated tons of gears to alot of players. I have personally ressed 3 newer players i fought at villages over the last 3 days because they actually had the balls to go there solo.

All this stems from the fact that there is no content in game. In a perfect world there would be so many options of things to do you wouldnt be harrassed by pvp starved vets. Why do we think every fuckwad shows up to seiges because there is nothing else to do,that lays at the feet of bpg. Nothing to do in game, but pvp and farm pvp gear been saying it for years. The people who do the right thing far away the select few who dont its just people want an excuse.

Bpg has dropped the ball dont blame it on bhopping or veteran players.

Myater and Grimtide like this.
  19. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I agree it is on BPG but is also on many vets it happened at launch, we raided Talpec least a few times a day with my newb clan and they raided us but we didn't trash talk each other or rage out over a loss and start doing asset and all kind of other dumb shit many vets do now. Several times we went to raid and they were already being raided. Several clans hit their because they had numbers and a healthy pop and when your losing getting hit by 3 to 5 clans multiple times a day wears on you even if your a vet and a good player.

I had a guy bragging to me about blowing up Vel at 3 and 4 am using my forum name, so it happens still and fairly often. One of your very own guild members is doing it right now and if your not against it then your supporting it even if indirectly. I posted his comments in a diff thread or ya can go look at em where he posted them he wants to end RMR to run them out of the game and is going to "spend all of his free time and money to do so over the next month" and he is doing it because he is mad at Yomi and thinks Yomi intentionally tried to build up a big zerg to take a holding that everyone claims isn't worth sieging any more cause holdings have no value.

Game Needs end game content really bad but it doesn't mean kids have to go all full retard and do what they can to hurt the game in the mean time.

P.S. You say so many dumb things it is hard not to mention your name and let be honest here if ya hadn't started your shit with me going back before launch it would never be an issue today.

#39 Korag, Jan 5, 2018
    Marxman likes this.
  20. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Well then we are getting to the real root of the problem and its not bunnyhopping. Tell me the elitist clan that constantly hits the same holding running the players out? From my experience its the middle of the road clan that finds a target they can beat and goes to the well to often. When we used to raid holdings in beta and we won a few fights i would even pm the leader asking if we were hitting to much and to let me know and well ease up.

Its kind of pointless to keep going over the same suggestions time and time again. In my eyes the hardcore pvpers should be concentrated on certain targets. This village system was a great first step. It can be duplicated for land towers, sea villages etc with the same domination system.

So you would have 3-6 villages going live every hour with the other control points sprinkled in.

Initially have rare items ( i would start with safe its already in game) drop from mobs only in dungeons all mobs in dungeons have a chance but the higher tier the mob the greater the probability. dungeons are now farmed again

Hopefully champion spawns turn into a hot spot and then you have the normal farmer, farming for matts or gold w/e.

This is what the game needs to disperse the population. Maybe the land tower will be more fun than a siege so people could siege when its live to cut off a portion of the server from attending.

The fact that these problems have existed for years with people having limited options so constantly screwing with the only pvp ( sieges or city raids) is an indictment on the company. The server will never police itself and they know this. Get content in game and you will see the greifing encounters drop

Myater and Grimtide like this.