Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

In the past month Every mob spawn we farmed has been gutted.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MisterTea, Jun 8, 2017.

1. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

There's a difference between optimizing your time amongst many possibilities and "do this or you're fucked"

And yes I'm an eve vet. Death by design and Origin

2. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

Not everyone is in big clans we can understand that, but you can make friends outside your clan. Myself, I have contacts in 5 other alliances outside of my own, and if I arrange it I can spend time with their members without being stabbed in the back. Not everybody in the game is as cut throat, once you get to know them.

And yes not everybody plays every day, I think they need to expand the system to include a weekly task which can be completed in a few hours of play, and has a good chunk of medpoints. (Monthly too)

As for the dungeons, yes many of them are deathtraps, there are many which are not as popular so aren't as much of a deathtrap. The one that I frequent, is a huge hotspot for pvp which is great for those itching for a fight, but less so for people who just want to grind out a task. That being said there's many MANY other dungeons in the game to explore, one of which is basically empty all the time (not saying it otherwise it'll get overrun).

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Well other than the quests, there are few dungeons worth farming, no issues there. Just need to direct someone to the correct spawns.

Also easy to join a new clan for better spawns.

4. risinglegacy

risinglegacy Wildtribe Mage
    Hero

Dead economy is dead and the dev team pretty much doesn't want to admit they made a mistake in the hopes they could get a massive player base boom. Instead they have a grind that was done in 2-3 weeks and the worst PvE experience of any MMO in the last 15+ years.

The PvE and Economy is so bad its almost like a complete troll job

5. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

Not do this or you're fucked, you just get there slower. If you have limited time that's fine you aren't dead, you just hobble over the finish line. The grind has an endpoint that everyone will hit eventually.

Friend of mine has 2 kids (Third on the way) and a wife, he has 2-3 hours a day, while we sit at work we chat about what we are going to do when he gets on, again to make sure we get the most out of our time together.

If I am hosting a party, I am going to make sure I have things prepared ahead of time, not because it's death of the party if I don't, it's to make sure that we get the most out of it, so I am not running around trying to prepare everything when people are already over. Again planning ahead helps no matter if you have 16 hours a day to play, or 4.

6. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Where do you live?

7. apophis

apophis Goblin Warlord
    Legend

meditation should be giving AT LEAST 2 points for every 1 gold spent.

1:1 was fine in dfo with many many spawns capable of 20k/hr

this is no longer the case. for the casual player ~42k/week is simply too much in conjunction with all the scroll costs their character is gonna eat up.

daily dungeons are pretty much mandatory even as a no lifer if you want to keep your meditation up without destroying your bank.

8. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

What about 2:1 bonus for staying blue? Put zero thought into it but sounds like it's a nice incentive

Ylahoto, Uncle Jo, Drago and 5 others like this.
  9. Flux D

Flux D Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor Legend

Keep in mind people, the reason it is such crap now is because all of the tryhard poopsockers in beta claimed it was too easy to get gear/gold and had no purpose for it. The response from BPG was basically what all the douche bags were asking for. Now everyone is complaining lol.

I agree though, PVE was turned to crap. Simple easy mobs doing 130hp to the back and then dropping a measly 80-120g stack of regs with a chance of a q3 skin. PVE was made only more frustrating to an already frustrating pos system, the mid tier mobs got a significant increase in HP, and dmg, and their loot drop significantly reduced. The risk vs reward ratio is horrible, and it really still only benefits the poopsocker tryhards camping the best spawns because the mid level pve game was nerfed so hard.

Zeiken likes this.
  10. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

100% agree. I suggest undoing the mob drop nerfs

BUT simultaneously we need to come up with an effective gold sink for highly leveled players

11. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

I would say yes, but it's easy as fuck to stay blue living on Cairn or any other sub continent. Always rogue.
    --- Post updated ---
    It's true there is little sink at high end. I was thinking about it yesterday. I can farm 20-30k per hour, but in the long run who's going to sell me a house?

Kalos likes this.
  12. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

now we riot

what do you do when you cant come up with any content? meh, just make everything grindy AS FUCK

mybsurchin likes this.
  13. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

No dude you don't understand. The grind IS the content /sarcasm

@Rawr

Inkarnation likes this.
  14. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

I wonder if you'll keep the sarcastic tone and ur "i wanna show everyone how little i care " counter-signalling all the way to a dead game.

Im gunna guess yea cuz thats what this whole community did thru like 3 iterations of the same thing.

Zeiken likes this.
  15. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

16. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

17. Amuru

Amuru Skeleton Archer
    Legend

You must be an alfar or just spreading misinformation. I have no issues with the present economy.

18. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Interesting devs have responded about spawns having less mobs but not about nerfing loot tables into the ground ??

I am talking about crappy mobs like Lizardman having their reagent drops nerfed to beyond half and also gold being nerfed to 30-50gold on mobs that used to drop 80-90. These are low level mobs and they are literally not worth going to anymore.

These are spawns with less then 5 mobs also... so basically now you spend an hour to make 3k....

#78 TryHard, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  19. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Or rather a scaling cost for meditation. I would almost even go so far as to say that the more negative you are the more points would cost. Of course that doesn't really prevent players going red once they've "maxed" their characters.

TryHard likes this.
  20. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

Ya it doesnt make sense to nerf mob dropped gear, there is literally no reason to leave your city if you have a mine.