Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Increase Impulse Gravity, only making it bhop and not a juggle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blaze, Jun 14, 2020.

?

Should Impulse have its gravity increased by 100X , can still bhop, but not juggle

1. Yes

61.3%
  2. No

38.7%
  1. Garou

Garou Crypt Guard

Little Lamp and Blaze like this.
  2. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

You can't use the word revert here, it's counterproductive.

If we say "improve impulse to shrapnel" maybe something will be done about it.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Remove knockback effect to other players to impulse and reduce duration of reflex 10 sec its fine...its very easy to make this two change but how much time we have to wait....and nerf dagger range

4. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy

Remove all knockups and try it on the test server.

Let Magma explode into a small puddle of lava at the target location, so anyone who's derpy enough to stand in it has slower walk speed.
    Direct hits pop out two smaller balls on either side of the target, creating a slightly larger blob of lava on the floor and for tiny bit longer duration.

Move towards having more zoning effects on spells

Less knockups is a more indirect way of increasing TTK aswell.

5. Garou

Garou Crypt Guard

No.

Knockups are shit to begin with, magma is one of the worst spells in the game (very long cast time, low dmg, only worth casting at very long range and even then usually does nothing since by the time that range is closed the dmg it has done will have been healed.), and inferno is the worst r90 in the game(low dmg, low range, low speed, knockup is worthless due to parrying.), the only knockups that are actually worst casting are fireball and impulse in its current state.

The correct way to play the game is rays parry melee r90 when opportune.

People arent out there getting juggled to death, melee and wof is what kills people, getting juggled to death isnt even really possible unless outnumbered, and if youre outnumbered in darkfall youre dead anyway.

6. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Impulse had exactly the same effects as Shrapnel, the only difference was the animation and cast time. I increased the cast time of it today to match what Shrapnel was previously. I also slightly increased the cast time of Disabling bolt today.

#26 Neilk, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Blaze, Little Lamp, Auron and 2 others like this.
  7. Atticus Killbane

Atticus Killbane Skeleton Archer
    Loyal Tester

Quick, someone from Defiance start a thread about nerfing Destros. Apparently that's all it takes.

CaptainAmerica likes this.
  8. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

I've asked for a 15% dmg reduction on melee cause it's busted lol

Atticus Killbane likes this.
  9. Little Lamp

Little Lamp Skeleton Archer

This kills the melee

Destros don't need a nerf as much as they need a rework, in the RoA meta destros playstyle is hold W and eventually murder somebody because they're so tanky and it doesn't require thought, destro was hard in DFO but with the removal of weaponswap delay the destro playstyle is just bonkers broken for the ease at which they get the payoff

Destros arent unbeatable and destros arent, at least imo, so ungodly strong or anything, theyre just annoyingly easy to pilot and require mages to play way better than the destro does for minimal payoff

Porch likes this.
  10. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Varangian Warthane
    Hero

cast time increase was a lazy fix, should have done what blaze suggested and increased gravity

NonFactor and The Red King like this.
  11. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

ok, shrapnel was sucks.

lets return to 2020 and fix it?

12. Garou

Garou Crypt Guard

it wouldnt but it should.

melee is by far the worst aspect of df combat, game would be better without melee.

melee is OP needs big nerf.

13. Atticus Killbane

Atticus Killbane Skeleton Archer
    Loyal Tester

We just need a defiance member to start the thread about this and give the devs 8 hours to fix it.

14. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

On it man what percentage should melee be decreased by?

Mea Kulpa and Atticus Killbane like this.
  15. franchisee

franchisee Wildtribe Mage

Coming from the one who pioneered juggling. This argument is silly. Juggling someone is not a broken mechanic that cannot be countered.

On the previous impulse. It was more dangerous but There are multiple counter's to being juggled.

parry ray parry (literally a winning dps race if you have good aim)
    time a confusion with hitting the ground
    storm blasting them on your way down to make them miss
    storm blast your self sideways as you land
    eye rot them while you're in the air
    pmist them while you're in the air
    begone them while you're in the air
    INTENTIONALLY miss your inferno but time it before their spell release to knock them sideways..

Just because you duel player's who panic and don't know the correct way to respond doesn't mean it's broken. It's a combo that has half a dozen counter's to it.
    --- Post updated ---
    Melee dmg doesn't need nerf'd . Melee reach does. Melee reach should be at the distance of 1h swords. I said that in Beta. This game has killed off so many players who left because of them consistently getting mauled down in less than 5 seconds every fight.

16. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Again, I was talking about impulse in a group setting, with impulse it just became even more insane[

17. franchisee

franchisee Wildtribe Mage

I think it is a gateway to increasing teamwork. PPL are truly starting to listen and be instant responsive to knock up calls. I fucking love this. Blaze. In DFO, Alpha and near the end of beta before I started explaining psychological team strategy all over the forums ppl didn't have team work. In DFO & Alpha There were almost no healers other than myself and murk. No one cross healed and now player's who get low receive sooo much heals in team fights. The baseline community caught on. I think the short cast impulse is truly an opening change to the meta. If melee reach was shorten'd you would see a shift to REAL focus fire. To where a player will receive a disable midair and get hit by 2-4 rays on the enemy team and 2-4 heals from the allies.

I would try and practice this in DFO with my 13 year old glass cannons down and arrow. I also showed it to a few ppl in defience including yourself as I also showed it to a few HHH murk,chad etc. The shift in meta is so close to changing and the .5 cast impulse was a big contribution to it. This message might even further it's growth. But eventually player's will start getting .5'd off a knock up if heals aren't given.

18. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

You acting like you came up with this stuff is hilarious. Defiance has always been group oriented. Maybe your group of "elite" players you played with at the time didnt teamfight and simply relied on individual talent, but that has never been the case with our group. We have siege videos from DFO showing 33sec chain wofs and wiping a 30man siege force 30v30 in 45sec lol. Impulse as it was was a busted spell. Magma size knockup with a insanely short cast time. Also, chain knockups have been a thing since I can remember lol.

Frog likes this.
  19. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

What are you talking about lol, the people who taught me group play was Defiacne, in legion we would try to group play but just didn't work, I will give you credit for showing me the melee practice it just works, You also taught me melee disable into wof. But I learned group play from Defiance. But how does that even matter in this conversation doesn't even make sense. We were talking about impulse and how its insanely busted in a group setting, to be able to insta impulse someone into an air off of a fireball/magma combo is insane.

20. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Only downside i see in that video is how expensive a destro bag is compared to a mage. I wish they both had access to self-buffs at the very least.

I never tried it, but i bet you can begone yourself as soon as you land to knock yourself backward far enough. that will have your opponent guess too. ''Wait, confusion, ho, he begoned himself backward. nice''. So let's never forget about the aura effect during a spell-cast: it leaves you guessing what's going to come out next.

After all that, the destro in the video is not even low at all. Watch him shoot arrows(mage killer), watch him get knocked to a cover: i mean, you can move in mid-air. If you manage to hit the ground, you can control yourself better for the next explosion effect. I rather just spam debuffs than seeing him receive no more than 25% total damage against a q3 or q4 r50 fast staff, but debuffs are lame so i try not to...

There's a ton of thing a mage can do and i won't repeat what franchise said. A mage who chose not to use his entire tool will probably die quick if he does nothing.

But with that being said, i still think impulse and disabling bolt should be nerfed, but not just that. I just wish combat was entirely reverted with a few exception such as low CD on WOF. And i don't disagree with shorter melee reach.

Team fight wise, only thing i hate is melee haste. Will always hate that unless it receives an even shorter duration. It's very effective when you farm solo to complete your daily repetitive against minions.