Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Inositol Rex - Rise of Agon Beta #8 - Pixel Addict

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by Inositol, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

This has been alot to read... jesus... LOL Mmm can I have the past hour of my life back plz? :D

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

How do you find enjoyment playing with mere mortals? It must get boring just stomping everyone 24/7.

JEDIMind and Scrubby Bear like this.
  3. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

I 2v1'd Dork Doggler and Blue Poo once. I doubt I could even 1v1 blue now with him on a newbie char. Holy shit that means Blue is a hacker! Check Fucking mate Blue Poo, prepare to be kicked from the server! We all know no one ever gets better at Darkfall!

Fengor and Super Star like this.
  4. KrailUkriek

KrailUkriek Goblin Warrior
    Tester

As a neutral party and 15-20 years of high level FPS experience I'll give my opinion this topic. What Rex is doing in Franchises' videos doesn't make sense for any seasoned FPS player to do. Most games revolve around aiming for the head/body because it maximizes the potential for a headshot and typically the body is has a much larger hitbox and is easier to see in general. In no game that I've ever played does aiming for the legs/feet benefit the player, yet he continually does it with every shot(rays mostly). The crosshair does appear to be typically placed on or near a black pixel, which is pretty strange.

Even IF there was a reason to, aiming for the legs with that much consistency would basically be impossible. Besides, why would you want to unless you were doing something that required it? Of course there's no way to prove anything but if you're going purely by sight(which is the only way in this game because of lack of an actual cheat detection system), then the evidence to support it is quite powerful. Franchise may have hacked in the past but IMO that makes his opinion/evidence even stronger because he knows what to look for and clearly points out what he thinks is going on.

A pretty verifiable way to conclude someone isn't a hack is to see what other FPS games they play and if they are on a similar level in those. I know some pro players from Quake that are just as good in other FPS games, so there's no reason to assume they hack. For example, if Rex was insanely good at Quakelive(actually has cheat-protection) than I wouldn't doubt for a second that he was just simply good at DF also. The problem is we don't know. Combined with the fact that he has several friends on the dev-team that probably would/could sweep this under the rug for their friend(face it, most people would, we're human after all) leads me to believe something fishy is going on.

I've yet to see someone in this thread contest the evidence with facts as to why he is aiming like he does. All the responses in this thread and the one on the DND site seem to consist of his friends saying things like; "he's just good", "you're retarded", "you are bad". Sorry, but these are empty words and attempts to reflect the topic back at the viewers. Where are the people saying "he aims likes this because...", trying to give actual explanation to his inhuman targetting/accuracy of specifies places on the legs? There's not - and that says a whole lot.

No response or attempts from the Devs to work with the player-base to come to a conclusion on this issue further makes the point clear that either they don't care, or are simply sweeping it under the rug for a friend. Also you'd think Rex himself would attempt to help us understand his strange aiming methods, but I don't think he's posted once.

#424 KrailUkriek, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  5. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Exactly nobody has said he aims in the exact same spot because ?????

It's all a deflection. Same they did with dolphin years ago.

Well said...

Where is bpg on this????,

Sintan, SinSemilla and Isaac Clarke like this.
  6. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Darkfall isn't your average FPS game. There is no separate head and body hit boxes. There is only one hit box, which makes it completely unimportant where you hit them, just that you hit them somewhere. There is a directional modifier for back shots is all.

This is also a game where all non-ray spells have AoE's. That means its most efficient for you to aim at their feet. This is so that if you miss, you still hit the ground next to them and splash them. After all, some damage is better than no damage. If you are aiming your 90 and 50 nukes at peoples torsos and heads you probably aren't doing it right.

Slayven, Sique and Pink Taco like this.
  7. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Problem is he is not aiming nukes but rays and firing at the bottoms of someone's feet makes no sense because there is little room for error vertically.

I love how it's all his clan mates and not Rex himself saying why he plays a certain way.

Sintan and NotKwatos like this.
  8. KrailUkriek

KrailUkriek Goblin Warrior
    Tester

I know, I played DFO. It is logical to aim towards the ground because of splash damage. My problem is that using rays near of the bottom of the player model doesn't make any sense for a good player. The body is a bigger target and must easier to hit. If you're actually a smart player, you would aim those abilities near the upper region to maximize hit potential. There's simply no reason to aim instacast, hitscan type skills at the bottom area of the player model. Especially with the uncanny consistency(probably hits 90% of his rays) that he does it with.

NotKwatos likes this.
  9. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

He doesn't hit anywhere near 90% of his rays overall. Especially if you minus the freebies (knock up rays for example) that everyone should hit nearly 100% of the time.

Fengor likes this.
  10. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

[​IMG]

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor likes this.
  11. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl
    Prosperous Affluent Legend

Explain why rex aims low?! FU!!?

Explain why a hack would aim low.

Slayven and Inositol like this.
  12. Bird

Bird Dire Zombie
    Supporter

I also love how it's the same vamp clannies who forumfall together all day and a bunch of no-names who just read your post and agree bcuz not everyone has the time to sit on the forums 19 hours a day to explain to you over and over again why you guys are stupid; it gets old. Inb4 one of your 4 go-to insults because you have the brain of a fetus. Also inb4 one of your friends or clannies white knight you within the next 5 comments

13. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

EnigmaticD and Fengor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.