Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Is anyone else getting a studder after the latest patch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Red King, Oct 25, 2020.

1. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

When I move my camera fast left or right, my screen hitches. Is anyone else getting this? It doesn't happen on any other game....
    --- Post updated ---
    Its the new weapon bar that causing it I believe. When switching weps after changing to the weapon bar, I get hitches like crazy.

2. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Same issue happening to me, game in not playable so I'm going to prob stop logging in till it gets fixed

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Volfen

Volfen Chosen of Khamset
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Lifetime Legend

If you think it's the weapon bar it'll help if you can add related information/screenshots such as how you have your weapon bar set up. Since the only thing that changed in the weapon bar is the auto equip feature, it'd be most relevant to include your auto equip config for each slot.

However, keep in mind there's a world map bug that causes massive fps drops when you turn your camera. It happens if you have anything typed into the world map search filter (Doesn't matter if it's one letter or a word, or if it does or doesn't find anything). This will happen even if you have your world map set to non-sticky ie it's invisible in action mode. Please check that this isn't the bug you're running into.

4. The Red King

Loyal Legend

It fixed it for Blaze and I, I will recreate it tonight. Ill make a vid and post the issue. I am pretty sure its tied to the sword and shield but not positive yet.

5. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Chosen of Khamset

I think thats just all the load lag from zergfiance porting in to blob everything in sight, nothing to see here.

The Red King, Porch and Bonii like this.
  6. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

I just pulled everything off my weapon bar removed the binds ect so back to old binds without weaponbar no long having the hitching and fps issues

The Red King likes this.
  7. The Red King

Loyal Legend

Video attached. First is with the stutter, see when I switch weapons after is stutters for a split second, middle part shows what selections I had, end shows me installing old gui settings, now everything is perfect, but I cant use the weapon bar :(

8. Volfen

Volfen Chosen of Khamset

Thanks for the video. I don't see any keys bound to the weapon bar slots in that video, so you must have some hotbar slots set up to auto switch if you're using the weapon bar. Could you screenshot the hotbar settings for the slots that you're activating in this video?
    I also see a lot of inventory errors. Is this just from spamming keys or are you using a parry script?

9. bob1234

bob1234 Goblin Scout

I get stutter every time I get knocked up, block disabled, blinded and rayed in the back and being unable to finish off players whenever they cast stormblast into a random direction while I'm blinded.

Thank god for nuggets.

10. The Red King

Loyal Legend

There were key bound on it initially, I just did the video off reimporting my bindings, so it is repeatable. Not sure why they are not on there, but it shows the issue is with the weapons on the bar and not the trigger. I cant send you my files if you want. And I was spamming multiple keys trying to get it to lag out. Seeing me do it with and without the weapons on the weapon bar you see a huge difference between the two.

Yes, I am using the parry script, because I tried not using it with the new weapon bar, and parry fails... :( So that is why the shield is on the weapon bar twice. Everything on the weapon bar, I do on the hot bar and have no issues with.

upload_2020-10-28_17-52-22.png

11. Volfen

Volfen Chosen of Khamset

The question about the parry script is to rule it out as part of the problem. If you can send me your files that'd help, including the parry section of your script. If it's just the 1h/shield slots on the weapon bar that are an issue, while I look into this you could try keeping that on the hotbar and the rest on the weapon bar (I do that with my PVE weapon slot since it's impossible to set up a reasonably good auto equip configuration when the weapon could be anything :p).

As an aside, what about parry fails? Are you referring to parry not starting when mistimed/lagging?

12. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

I can tell you now, the parry script is the not issue, I don't use the parry script, and had the issue. To fix it I took everything off my waeaponbar and unbound any keys off of them, and no longer have the issue. Something with the new change to weaponbar is causing the issue.

13. Volfen

Volfen Chosen of Khamset

Were you using the weapon bar before? Also, any additional info on how you had it set up would help. So far you guys are the only 2 who have reported this issue so any additional data you can provide could heavily affect how fast we can get this reproduced and then fixed.

14. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Yup was using the weapon bar before, I had my shield/parry on it, and my staff, both having a bind, I took them all off to fix the issue

15. The Red King

Loyal Legend

Message me on discord - Nightmare and I can send you the files with the parry script - just spam your swap keys and you will see the issue.

And its probably cause nobody is changing to the weapon bar because they have no reason to, their bindings work.

Auto parry fails on fast switching with the GUI one, the parry script never fails.

16. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Send him the parry script, maybe he can fix the issue ingame :D

The Red King likes this.
  17. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Air Elemental
    Wealthy Legend

18. Volfen

Volfen Chosen of Khamset

It turns out there is a bug with shields in particular and it was most noticeable if you have at least 2 sword/board slots with auto equip. I've got a fix for it but I'm making some additional optimizations. I'll update this thread when the fix is deployed to the live server.

Thank you @The Red King for all the useful information you provided!

19. The Red King

Loyal Legend

Fix the auto parry and really be a hero!!!!!! Thanks Sand!

Methodico likes this.
  20. Methodico

Methodico Infernal

And whirlwind fail too ♥️

Bonii and The Red King like this.