Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Is crafting skills also front loaded?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dm_3x, Oct 7, 2019.

1. dm_3x

dm_3x New Member
    Supporter

I know here: http://wiki.riseofagon.info/misc-game-info/ shows ROA front loaded skill values.

Just not sure whether all crafting skills are the same or not because, the crafting skills i tried, they seem also front loaded.

Yes, from lv 75 to lv 100 seem to be way longer than others, base on my char's experience.

Can BPG or any confirm? Thx

2. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

Crafting skill gains do slow down at a linear rate, it's not difficult to reach 25 skill but the road to 50 will be noticeably slower and generally more expensive.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Squanto

Squanto Frostjarl
    Legend

Yes, I leveled Tailoring on an alt awhile back and it was like less than 100 total crafts to hit level 100 from 0 in that skill. Its massively front loaded. Was a bad choice on their part to make everything so easy for players to achieve because it removed almost all the content the game had.

Thrill Kill likes this.
  4. dm_3x

dm_3x New Member
    Supporter

Thanks for confirm, I've been having my doubt about front loading for a long time.
    It actually end up making it worse to level from lv 75 to 100 on any crafting.

5. Adam Worth

Adam Worth Goblin Warrior
    Hero

Amen Brother.

If I had my way new players would be forced into leather or padded sets for at least a few months.

Hight end stuff like studded is something newbs should have to earn the right to use.

That feeling when they get into their first bone set. Omg...

Thats real content, that will keep new players engaged and playing.

Forget fun or dynamic reasons to play, give them basic entry level gear to grind for instead.

The rush I got in DF1 from making cloth pants for a week with a macro still gives me wet dreams. Oof, yes please!

#5 Adam Worth, Oct 9, 2019 at 10:18 AM
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019 at 10:24 AM
    Sero likes this.
  6. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Pretty sure the idea with the armour changes is to make high end mage armour(such as bone) cost more, and lower the entry level armour. Similar to this.

Unfortunately this is just going to bust Destroyer even more since all that was needed was this to balance the "classes" in the first place and not combat changes.

#6 Sero, Oct 9, 2019 at 6:40 PM
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019 at 6:53 PM
  7. Squanto

Squanto Frostjarl
    Legend

Yeah removing 98% of leveling progression has done absolute wonders for the game, thank god its gone. Look at all of the new players everywhere that stuck around because BPG made it super easy to level everything. People can wear selentine gear day 1, two hours in if they wanted to thanks to these changes. Where are they all at? Why didn't the stick around now that they can't get gear crutched on?

Yours and BPG ideas/philosophies have worked wonders, keep em rolling.

8. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

The numbers don't lie.

[​IMG]

Squanto likes this.
  9. Adam Worth

Adam Worth Goblin Warrior
    Hero

You could be using full plate and r50s in DF1 in like two or three hours from reroll, from the ottenhal warthanes.

'Selentine gear'... You sound like some shitboi from UW.

The kind of guys who stuck with RoA because they were so analy scared by their experiences in DF they would do anything to finaly be a factor, even in a dead, paleshade version.

Same as your lady boy friend Sero.

People left RoA long before they reduced the grind to what it is now. Because those of us who actually played DF could see there was nothing new and only bad ideas in the pipeline emenating from clueless try hards like yourself.

Only fucking noobs played DF 1 for the grind, because they sucked so hard in pvp and held out hope one day they might win or not have to use hacks and still loose if they only hid out somewhere grinding dat rigor. I guess that is where your opinions come from.

Neither you, nor Sero, have the first clue what made DF great. You were both pre pubescent noobs who didnt even engage with the games greatness, much less have any real understanding about why it was great.

Not a single player has ever posted that they quit or will quit because they want more grind. Vast numbers have posted and continue to pist they quit or are not pkaying actively because there is never any new real content. They have been posting it for like 8 years.

In DF1 one, if not the most common reasons for quitting was the character grind and the masdive disadvantage / power gap it crested being too steep. It was literally a laughing stock on gaming forums forums as a chinese grinder.

I maxed out among the first players on EU1 by exploiting my ass off and ran roughshod over thousands of players, probably making hundreds at least quit single handed.

In SUN we fucked everyone for years with our insane character/gear/crafter advantages. You really want that shit back?

How slow are you guys?!

#9 Adam Worth, Oct 11, 2019 at 12:25 PM
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019 at 2:42 PM
    MaxiHori likes this.
  10. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Are you serious?

You realize RoA launch grind was nothing like DFO grind? And they reduced it even further? Do you realize that everything was still frontloaded at RoA launch grind?

Do you realize that even though the grind has been reduced to practically nothing, THERE IS STILL A VERY LOW POPULATION.

If you want a MOBA or BR, make one. Why not do away with the grind altogether and just create an instant PVP session?

Keep sitting there talking about how grind killed the population as millions choose WoW classic over pay to win level 120 characters on WoW retail. Choose OSRS over Runescape 3. MMORPG players want to feel progression in character power, which is why we've had a level system in MMORPGs for the past what? 20 years?

Keep talking about what made DFO great as every suggestion made by any vet on these forums is tossed away as the playerbase dwindles.

You definitely know what you're talking about. [​IMG]

Wait... who are you again?

#10 Sero, Oct 11, 2019 at 6:10 PM
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019 at 6:20 PM
    Uncle Jo and Squanto like this.
  11. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Akathar

Before grind reduction the game was already dead, and games like wow had their grind far reduced from release and with every new expansions there was always an istant almost-max level option that came with each expansions.

12. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

And reducing the grind didn't keep it alive, now did it?

It was still in a lot better state than it was now.

Launch failed because:

- No Market
    - No Portal Chambers
    - No safezone/newbie area
    - Ridiculous Lag/Shit Servers
    - Same content from 10 years ago

13. Squanto

Squanto Frostjarl
    Legend

Oh wow a reason to kill mobs? A hotspot? You don't say. Man it would be nice if we had these in the current DF. Don't you think it would be better to have hotspots to fight over for high end gear rather than the way it is now? Mines giving rare ore is an afk no effort way of getting ore and hurts the economy, especially when the game pop is low like it has been in this version. Rare ore isn't rare. And yes, rare golems were a hotspot and would have been a hotspot had they removed rare ore from mines, but its much more boring killing the same mob over and over knowing you are gonna get 2-6 ores every kill rather than killing other mobs and having a small chance of getting a JB or high dura FP pieces that you can use. I think the DFO loot drops were a little too common for mobs dropping FP and JB's, but I think it is good to have in the game because it allows people to get better stuff without being forced to join a clan or level crafting.

Agreed completely. Lets get something straight though, this company did not listen to 'clueless tryhards like me', thats why the game is in the state that its in. Most vets have made dozens or more forum posts with suggestions that are 'low development, high impact' that would make the game better along with reverts on things that they ruined that would bring people back, guess what, they didn't listen. They insisted on doing things their way rather than the correct way, and thats why the game is where its at. I think the only thing that I suggested that they actually listened to were the 110 pots added to gargantuas midmap, which was a quick and easy solution to the removal of all of the end game hotspots they had done and made it so that you aren't forced to kill 180 champions to be pvp viable.

Oh, ok. Guess we don't want noobs in your version of Darkfall. Its pretty crazy how delusional you are. Do you realize what you just said? You literally just said "Only noobs played df1 for the grind because they sucked and kept grinding to hope that one day they would have such a large advantage that they would be able to win fights". Guess what.... lot of people, probably including yourself, aren't playing the game anymore for that exact reason. You will never beat me or any other good player in a 1v1 or a 2v2 or maybe even 2v1... because the character level is equal and because you aren't as good. In DFO, even Luck and other good players occasionally died to someone like Dirt/Ballz just because they were pre-surged up with poopsocked characters. When BPG removed the character gap and gear gap, it gave the majority of the community no reason to play the game because deep down they knew they would never win without advantages.

At this point in the gaming industry, the only thing that Darkfall has that you could argue is superior to any other game is the combat. WoW/Runescape do questing better, pve better, boss mobs better, dungeons/raids better. Combat is literally the only thing that DF has anymore.

To a certain extent, yes. I guarantee you a lot of those SUN guys only played because they could progress their character to a point where they had a huge advantage over others. It kept them around and playing because they could win fights. The game needs content desperately, and I understand no one wants to do the same grind over again... but had BPG left the grind in the beginning they would have had more time to add content to the game because people would have been focused on character progression for much much longer. Instead, we had almost no grind. Everyone was 'maxed' in 2 months running around in FP and infernal q3/q4 bags and the only content was to hit cities and harass mobspawns which slowly killed off certain clans, and killed the pop. Lack of anything being added killed the the majority of the population that was left, and the unprofessionalism of certain BPG members made more quit.

Sero likes this.
  14. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Akathar

The only time the grind was reduced the game turned from dead into populated.
    If you add back the grind you go back to stage 1 which still is dead, simple logic here...

After the pivotal moment there wasnt a single change in casual direction, all the opposite. Less active villages, less reward, more disparity from villages reward, stats potions, q6, etc..

Everything has been made more hard, more expensive and more tedius while simple quality improvements like providing an interface for enchanting or a restock button for reag/potions are still not a thing.

15. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

What are you even talking about? Did you play at RoA launch?

Almost every change since Launch has been made to cater to a NONEXISTENT casual population.

16. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Akathar

You are not casual, I am. Nothing except the pivotal moment was in cssual direction, all in the opposite, I just listed them a few in the previous comment

17. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

THERE WASN'T EVEN MARKETS OR FAST TRAVEL AT LAUNCH AND YOU'RE COMPLAINING STAT POTIONS AND Q6 GEMS ARE PART OF THE GAME.

HELLO?

You do realize stat potions and Q6 gems make it EASIER to acquire stats and high end enchants right?

Are you saying villages aren't worth it right now?

No there isn't.

Sure. The same amount of villages go live, but the billboard only ports to 1 village now. This may be 1 change that I don't agree with, but we got billboards, and as a bandaid fix to a then bleeding population, they changed it to port everyone to 1 live village.

#17 Sero, Oct 11, 2019 at 10:57 PM
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019 at 11:08 PM
  18. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Akathar

Your posts takes autism to a whole new level

19. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Is that what its like to be wrong? To just call everyone an autist lmfao?

Keep trying to make this a MOBA while BPG try to make it an MMORPG.

#19 Sero, Oct 11, 2019 at 11:34 PM
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019 at 11:41 PM
  20. Squanto

Squanto Frostjarl
    Legend

fixed