Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Is this acceptable?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BodyCount911, Jun 21, 2017.

1. BodyCount911

BodyCount911 Goblin Scout

upload_2017-6-20_22-57-4.png

Forced to recall to the other side of the map because someone has placed a strong box and blocking the entire dungeon off... A few questions is this acceptable? Is this working as intended? If this is acceptable and working as intended... then there needs to be an option to leave the dungeon at the entrance.

#1 BodyCount911, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  2. Dufer

Dufer Air Elemental
    Supporter

This is, they're destroyable btw

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Ylahoto and TryHard like this.
  3. BodyCount911

BodyCount911 Goblin Scout

Completely understand this but when you do not have a siege hammer or battle spikes. I am forced to recall and run an hour back... this is where the joke lies. This is not in the sport of the game if you want to send me back to my bind stone you must kill me. This needs to change I don't care what you stance is, new players will not stand for this some people probably don't have siege hammers.

4. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

You can try to use /stuck to get by it, not sure if it would work.

5. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

/stuck has a very low chance of working, i did it once. Way i see it is if players want to go into the dungeons and kill the people for their loot, people are gonna find ways to stop it. This is one of those ways. If all dungeons are lawless you will see more and more of this. I guess people will always have to bring hammers. Then while your destroying it the people farming will recall off with the loot.

6. Navlaan

Navlaan Infernal

This thread is just going to be a bunch of people defending strongboxes saying they can be destroyed, even though most players don't have spikes and hammers on then 24/7.

They want PvP until they're the ones farming in a dungeon... then it's okay to use cheese.

Can we bring back water logging? I don't feel like dying outside of dungeons either.

Thanks!

7. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

i might just go dungeon to dungeon blocking them off to see if people cry on here about it.

8. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

Start stocking your alts with siege hammers and log them out in dungeons then, lol. At least maybe you'll spook them enough times that they won't want to farm there

Pink Floyd likes this.
  9. Navlaan

Navlaan Infernal

Wouldn't mind much if hammers didn't weigh so much lol. Just gonna start parking my alt in an iklits dungeon for some laughs.

10. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

Im sure the BPG staff would tell you its not bannable or anything and just leave it at that (i mean fuck they do that for exploits that give straight combat advantages so.....)

Realistically though, i feel like shit like this is an abuse of mechanics in an unintended way, which is exactly what an exploit is. Normal games that wanna keep their population tend to curb that kinda shit. This makes dungeons pretty much perfectly safe as even if u bring the materials to destroy it players have enough time to leave while u do so, an they WILL hear you. I bet you'll see a lot of carebears defend this just because they wanna use it to farm in safety. IMO in general blocking mechanics that remove access to regular content (which is already sparse) should not be allowed. This isnt a door to a house, or a gate to a city, this is a dungeon which everyone should have access to.

the simple solution of course is to make strongboxes not block movement. People have been abusing the block mechanic for ages for various purposes, most them exploitative in nature. The purpose of strongboxes is to store loot, not be the one form of creatable terrain that can be exploited to block access to content.

Navlaan likes this.
  11. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Just log in and out until you get past it.

Problem solved.

12. Kurise LXV

Kurise LXV Deadeye

So I've seen multiple suggestions to "counter" this lame tactic.

1 - Bring heavy siege equipment with you, taking up bag space on the off chance that there is a strong box blocking the entrance.

2 - Use /stuck to get through the banks

3 - Log out and in, hoping your character gets placed past them.

Who wants to go to a dungeon carrying siege equipment? The only people defending this tactic are the ones that employ it to have a safer space to farm. No players should need siege equipment to get into a dungeon. Stop defending shitty tactics, stop being a bitch and fight people who show up at a dungeon.

Simply remove the ability to place strong boxes in dungeons. Prevents people from staying in there too long and forces them to run to the bank more. At the same time, prevent recalling out of the dungeon. This is probably a little too hardcore for the vets though.

Synik, Crunchbert and Navlaan like this.
  13. Kalos

Kalos Frostjarl
    Legend

Try doing that in the niff dungeon and see how long it keeps us out.

:grinning:

zander likes this.
  14. Amuru

Amuru Skeleton Archer
    Legend

LMFAO not another thread about this again.

15. Mexi Horseman

Mexi Horseman Goblin Warlord

it is when your game is run by a group of shit tier developers and game designers.

16. aerodude

aerodude Goblin Shaman

Stormblast doesnt break spell reflect.. fix pls

17. Kalos

Kalos Frostjarl
    Legend

Douche.

Lexendros, RootedOak, Sique and 5 others like this.
  18. Justiful

Justiful Goblin Warrior

A lot of problems with the game are bugs/glitches/cheese that never got fixed in the original so the vets view them positively. Problem is new players do not, and it makes it hard to keep players in the game. Vets are never going to be happy with the game, stop catering to them. If you are a dev for this game and a vet you need to get perspective on what is and is not acceptable in 2017 for a video game.

Just because a bug/glitch/exploit/broken game system or mechanic has become "accepted" as "gameplay" by vets does not mean new players coming into this game will be cool with it. This game is a tough sell anyway due to the graphics alone. Add in items like this that 99% of gamers would view as an exploit outside of the darkfall bubble and it really screws the game.

If vet's are going to quit over it's removal let them. There are a thousand gamers out there to take their place that would appreciate a game that doesn't call poor game design part of "gameplay".

SomeBK, Benevolence, Synik and 2 others like this.
  19. qvq

qvq Goblin Shaman

Out of curiosity why not just implement a system where you can't deploy strong boxes inside the dungeon. just make it a zone that you can't place. Then they at least have to pay for a second account to have that naked scout there.

Fawley and Synik like this.
  20. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

I see a lot of hardcore pvp'ers advocating that this is ok.

This makes me laugh. No one brings siege equipment to a dungeon. All this does is allow people to carebear it up in them

THIS GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING THAT DARKFALL STANDS FOR.

Fucking hypocrites