Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Just going to leave this here ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Zanuul, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Lord Zanuul

Lord Zanuul Spellgazer
    Legend

2. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

It's been long known this game has 0 repercussions for being evil, BPG did attempt to start adding some benefits for being Blue but it was lack luster, the only reason im still blue is because I refuse to do anything other then villages and sieges so I'm in perma rogue areas, the casual player is destined to get done over in this game, it has been its failing since day one now with the game going f2p we will see even less repercussions for people who to be evil and gank the new player harvesting wood, Chaos cities can do what any player needs because lets be honest who really uses blue cities? I don't I just sit in my player city and use the resources given there.

Hopefully this is on BPGs radar and they think about it for freemium release because its one of the issues that will forever drive new players away.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor likes this.
  3. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

The co-author of that article is Bree and she's literally cancer (seriously go read her article on New World) who believes ALL mmorpgs should ONLY cater to her preferred playstyle.

I have no respect for anyone who can't accept that not every game is designed with THEM as the target audience

That being said, risk vs reward in this game has always been broken as shit and I have advocated for more structure and mechanics to encourage people to play in a more in a more sustainable manner since day 1.

At this point I don't ever see that happening

4. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Pot meet kettle!!

5. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Winterbound
    Wealthy Legend

The fallacy that is constantly argued here is that getting jumped at a spawn while at half health is PvP, of course it is not. The problem is balancing that with clans/alliances controlling areas or asserting dominance over key mob spawns. Clan/Alliance conflict should be at the heart of this game. The problem is that no dev team has attempted to balance the 2. The resent alignment changes have done nothing to address the core issues and was nothing more than rearranging lounge chairs on the deck of the Titanic. The proof is in the fact that Darkfall has failed in 4 attempts to appeal to any type of player base. BPG still unfortunately listens to the almost non-existent player base it still has that thinks the kill for the fuck of it genre works and all we need is content.

@Battle Smurf brings a classic example of a straw man's argument, that only proves he has more white matter than gray matter. So glad he's here to enlighten us with his intellect.

6. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

We can have some sort of middle ground. No item drop on main land with center / vcps / hostile cities / sieges excluded.

Full drop on islands.

This could satisfy all. Noobs could learn to pvp on mainland and then chance full drop on islands / center map / vcps etc

I honestly think if we changed to this and put the best mobs in center / islands this would bring the people in.

Content will get them to stay

Blaze and Todd of Hartford like this.
  7. Todd of Hartford

Todd of Hartford Goblin Warlord
    Legend

That's honestly not a bad idea and it's one I've never considered before. Maybe not the whole mainland as a "no-drop zone," but starter areas around the major racial cities and capitals, leaving the "wilderness" and center map area full loot. Of course it will be abused, outnumbered players farming center map will try and run to the starter areas if they get jumped by a bigger group, but honestly if a bigger group can't get the better of them on the drop then so what? I think there's more pay off than loss there.

You could also implement an EVE-like system on top of that where random items drop for loot and random items get destroyed, which I think will help with gear build up in banks. Might be an interesting idea, too.

That is, of course, assuming something like that can even be programmed with Darkfall's code.

8. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Where you been? Have you seen the map recently? xD
    --- Post updated ---
    No TY. If they did this they might as well get rid of durability. So much fun going to loot someone and not only are you picking up shit dura gear, half of it is destroyed as well? Nah.

I much prefer the idea where 5-10% of CURRENT durability is lost on gank if were looking for more sinks.

Nat, Scrubby Bear and Fengor like this.
  9. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

I know center is great now, played Loa for a month but been working a lot.....

I just want new players to come, not get discouraged when they die and lose everything and continue playing = high pop game that we all want.

Fengor and Sero like this.