Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Just one more reason why BPG should have REMOVED mob dropped gear over r30

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Battle Smurf, May 13, 2017.

1. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

ooooh....

Some sort of salvage incoming????
    Consider me piqued.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

No. Mob Dropped weapons 70% of the time suck ass. The other 20% are decent. And the 10% is good.

Even then the Dura sucks. Player crafted counterparts will always be better based on dura alone. When you want to farm, you dont bring mob dropped, you bring full dura player crafted.

Benevolence and Fengor like this.
  3. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

Always with the doomsday prophecies...

The dura bug was in for a day. Patched. The chance of getting an R50/60 is significantly less than it used to be, you have to farm hard mobs with our shit characters still, then it has to be peerless or immaculate to even be useful, And then you hope then durability is greater than 10. I'd bet good money if I could see the number of immaculate r50/60's in the world from the persistence system, it would be minuscule as shit.

Calm down kids. Read a fucking book.

#63 Fengor, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  4. Sorek

Sorek Goblin Shaman

Just because you can't load your bank of with max level gear within the first week of release that means things are hard to get? lmao

What I don't understand is the mindset of people like you who think everything should just be handed to them because they have shit to do IRL. Guess what?...We all have shit to do.

If someone has more time to farm they should have more gear and a better character than you do. I guess people forget this is an MMO and not fucking league where there is no grind.

Lincoln Hawk and Fengor like this.
  5. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

You are short sighted and stupid.

I dont want to farm gold and buy crafted gear you fucking idiot. I want to farm the gear itself so i dont have to deal with the fucking hassle of travelling half the map and dealing with a crafters as a solo red.

A forced player crafted economy is carebear as fuck. You really are an idiot if you cant see this. I dont want to trade with people. i want to fight them. Now those that do want to trade by all means. I dont want to trade. i find it boring. id rather pve than trade.

Imagine ursefl playing solo, living out of chaos cities. Yes technically u could spend hours making deals and travelling around to meet the crafters willing to risk trading with a red... but why the fuck should u? Look, I dont want to be blue in this game, and being red in a PURELY player driven economy forces u into a large clan for access to crafters. I want a mostly player driven economy but at least gimme the option of some mediocre shit that i can farm without having to be buddy buddy with crafters.

Im not forcing you to farm mob loot. So don't force me to go spend time trading when thats not what i want to do.

What boggles my mind most is that Mob dropped loot is worse anyway. Like i would completely get it if it was better or equal, it would compete with crafters. But it doesnt. Most people dont want it because most people are zerglings in clans with 10+ crafters, and the r40s they have 1 week in beat pretty much any mob dropped gear in the game.

Leave the fucking scraps under the table for us small-timers and reds at least, fuck.

6. Niburu

Niburu Skeleton Archer

Thats why vendors are missing. Also you choose to Go Red, so no easy racial City buying for you

7. Dufer

Dufer Air Elemental
    Supporter

It's been happening since beta. In beta, we just used our siege hammers til 1-2 dura and refilled em up. Unlimited VCP captures

8. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

Lol. Little shit like this and the bag bug through teleporters and just little dumb shit here and there makes me wonder why they released the game when they did.

Like, clean your game up at the very least.

AdamWest likes this.
  9. AdamWest

AdamWest Goblin Warrior

Wow

10. Kurise LXV

Kurise LXV Deadeye

This is what I was afraid of. Vets exploiting bugs, while the new players get farther behind.

11. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

It's a different bug than the one that was fixed in beta, this one was in game for less than 20 hours before it was fixed.

RobTheAxe and Fengor like this.
  12. fullmight

fullmight Goblin Warrior

Yeah I agree. A bit better gold/alternate resources could have been dropped to compensate.

Honestly I feel like the fact that vendors sell higher than R0 or maybe R10 is pretty bad too tbh.

As hard to level as crafting is, it should really start being useful at rank 25 across all professions.

I don't think it's quite as much of a disaster, but even so it would have been nice to have a harder slant towards crafting.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  13. davick

davick Goblin Warlord

Straight out of 2009...

It can't be possible that people like different stuff than me!!!! Why can't we just PvP ALL THE TIME. Surely there are enough people out there who just want to go ham and gape kids all day!!!.

Fast forward, where is everyone?? Why isn't anyone playing the exact game we asked for????

Unfortunately I think the RoA developers feel just like this guy.

TryHard and Battle Smurf like this.
  14. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

.... Holy fuck. Guys. Cmon. THINK BEFORE U POST.

Please explain where and how im stopping people from playing how they want. In fact ive mentioned several times that i want the diversity in playstyle. that leaving THE VASTLY INFERIOR mob dropped loot in the game WHEN THERES ALREADY BETTER CRAFTED GEAR AVAILABLE CHEAP is not gunna hurt the economy, but will help the small timers and soloers.

Like wtf goes on in your head dude? how do u completely twist shit 180 degrees around? The vast majoritty of people are in large clans already using better gear. PLEASE explain how leaving me some rarely dropped r50s that are worse than crafted r30s is going to ruin your economy, force everyone to only pvp, make people leave in droves and kill the game

because i'd really love to hear the "logic" chain behind this.

15. davick

davick Goblin Warlord

There is just so much wrong in the post I quoted. It's been beaten with a stick over and over and over and over. It was beaten on DF original forums and on RoA's forums. Some things just aren't going to change, I hope RoA changes...

You actually don't want diversity. What you actually want eliminates crafters, traders, and pve'ers. IE, where the population to financially support a game like this comes from. Is it not clear from history that PvP alone isn't enough to sustain this game?

Battle Smurf likes this.
  16. nuclearping

nuclearping Crypt Guard
    Legend

You surely have a reading-disability. He never said anything like that. In fact, he even proclaimed that diversity goes down the drain if you force players into dealing with Crafters to get their gear. Diversity is that you can choose between: Do I farm (inferior) mob-dropped gear or do I deal with Crafters who are willing to meet and trade with a Red? Removing this choice penalizes a playstyle and diversity.

17. Salival

Salival Skeleton Archer
    Hero

I agree with OP, remove anything above r30 from drops and make gold easier to acquire.....will help the economy and keep crafters crafting and playing.

18. Liverbest Gibs

Liverbest Gibs Spellgazer
    Hero

So much rage in this thread, it's funny. If people want to use mob dropped weapons in PvP below immaculate, that's their loss. It's a non issue.

19. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

Oh so you want easy game/life as a solo red? Go play some themepark PvP game.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  20. nuclearping

nuclearping Crypt Guard
    Legend

I don't see where living off inferior Mob dropped loot makes the game / life easy. It is actually the opposite: Mob dropped loot does less damage and has less dura. You will always be on the losers side when fighting someone with high roll crafted weapons, unless you can compensate with your skill and tactics.