Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Key Landmarks and Memorable Areas in Darkfall

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mordius, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Mordius

Mordius Goblin Shaman

Hey guys, I'm working on a project and would like to know what specific areas you guys feel are the most important in the Darkfall universe. DFO had a massive map, and there's a lot to explore, so I'm looking for what stood out to you the most when you played?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

"a project"

BootyEater69, Sique and SuB ZeRo like this.
  3. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

pyramids on yssam and ruby, center map spire, wierd ass glassy shiny pillars in elflands, giant rock pillars on cairn, volcano on yssam, idk a bunch more

KoKane and BootyEater69 like this.
  4. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

quick everyone suggest the worst spots in the game. This sly dog is brewing up a community project entry. /s

I loved the chaos cities in the game. Never had the safety of a holding and there was always some form of community in each one.

leth1337 likes this.
  5. Train of Pain

Train of Pain Infernal
    Loyal Streamer Contributor Legend

Being an Ork the way the cities were build around the Lava and had it running through them always impressed me but I would have to agree with Grimtide the pyramids on Ruby were pro af especially when people put their Shard Holder on top of them

6. Bartlebe

Bartlebe Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Patron Legend

The center area with the floating islands with the chains you had to go up. That whole area was imposing and creepy. So fun to roam around and fight in.

7. Uzik

Uzik Ghost
    Affluent Legend

There is this pretty massive castle NW of Human lands. No spawns or anything, but it was a full castle with ladders and tons of rooms and parapets etc.

Pretty sure there were about a dozen of those throughout the game.

8. Raap

Raap Wildtribe Mage

DFO had tons of those locations, but none of them had any actual content in them.

Perhaps this is something for the RoA team to utilize, by moving some mobs spawns around and inside of those interesting locations.

Marco and BootyEater69 like this.
  9. Death2u

Death2u Goblin Shaman
    Legend

I always dreamed for them to be like capping villages, but cap them every few days and they give ores ect.

Marco and BootyEater69 like this.
  10. Xipos<3

Xipos<3 Stormgraive
    Legend

The dwarflands waterfall :D

Screamed like a little girl the first time I jumped off of it

11. Zigzag

Zigzag New Member

Almost drowning to get to the underground mining cave for the first time was quite the thrill.

Swing and BootyEater69 like this.
  12. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

Underwater city, best place ever. So biutifullllll

13. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

the mighty alfar fortress of Obad

#13 Leg enD, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  14. AdamDMC

AdamDMC Gravelord
    Supporter

Simirian for life bruh, oved that chaos city

15. Saint Exylian

Saint Exylian Goblin Scout
    Legend

I believe these "castles" were designed for pvp events such as sieges for clever stone placement, or other random events such as ambushing, or roleplay. Definitely don't add mobs to those, there is already so many spawns that it would be pointless to fill in the pvp obstacles with more of them.

16. Raap

Raap Wildtribe Mage

Most locations were out of siegestone placement range. DFUW suffered from the same problem, and this is why the suggestion for increasing siegestone placement distance is quite common.

17. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

give obad a bank and bind and i'll live there :S

alfar chaos city ftw

Grimtide likes this.
  18. mcdoogs

mcdoogs Chosen of Khamset

The world was built long before siege stones were designed/implemented.

Maybe they were built with shard holders in mind, but knowing AV it's probably more likely that they stopped paying the world building team before the world was fully populated.

Fengor, KoKane and Grimtide like this.
  19. KoKane

KoKane Chosen of Khamset
    Wealthy Loyal Patron Benefactor Contributor

Part of my reasoning for suggesting long range siege stones or reimplementation of shard carriers was that we can use more of the map.

OP
    Yeah, Loradains Citadel was the name of the volcano area on Yssam. I remember its name well because I particularly like that area of world building. There is a huge opening of land on the south and south eastern area where I would fantasize about having a Keep or Castle (UO style) if real free house placement was implemented.

Far-Loradain was the name of the Dragon that wiped out the elven civilization that lived on Yssam. - which is why you see those yellow ruins everywhere, according to the lore :)
    He lived within the volcano apparently.

The city beneath it is awesome and those giant doors have an ominous feeling to them upon approach.

Another spot I like, also on Yssam, is a long and very highly elevated rope bridge. I'd LOVE to see a big battle happen over there, although realistically, once again the movement spells like WoF, come hither and Stormblast would ruin it, as they do to most standard tactics that could be fun in this game.

And one more on Yssam, I'm not sure if many would know of it, since its a time sensitive thing;
    North east of Sunstone Island, on your way to Talpec, facing east, there is a small forest of trees that - at just the right time of day - the sun gets low and attempts to shine through the tree tops and the tree trunks, but it breaks up nicely and if you turn settings on max, it illuminates the area with a beautiful gold-on-green sort of glow. It looked great as you moved and the sun passed behind the trees.
    Well it's been years since I've seen that, but that's how I remember it. I used to try recreate it whenever I passed that way but it only happens at the right moments. It's probably possible in a few locations.

The crater mountain of Mount Erkyla on Niflheim is cool too.

Also, the sunken city near ruby, that's too deep to explore and survive without cheats.

Lexendros likes this.
  20. Symdor

Symdor Goblin Warrior
    Hero

This +++