Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Lack of Nodes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GaiusSeptimus, May 15, 2017.

1. HighTimes

HighTimes Gravelord
    Legend

ITS NOT THAT BAD

ORE IS MEANT TO BE SEMI RARE

i have farmed thousands of iron ore it just now requires getting on a mount and riding out for an hour to do so

YOU DONT HAVE TO BE A CRAFTER. IF YOU WANT TO BE THEN DO THE WORK AND SHUT UP

seriously im tired of the bitching about this. move away to a different part of the map if you have to. buy it off someone, there is ore. plenty

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    TryHard likes this.
  2. TierQQ

TierQQ Goblin Shaman
    Hero

I have no clue what you guys complaining about nodes are talking about. Yes, everything near npc cities get tapped immediately, but if you figure out when the 3hour reset is you are gold.

There is tons and tons of ore untapped outside of the starter cities. Yes certain regions have more nodes that other and maybe that should be adjusted, but overall I have no issue getting ore. Just get away from the starter areas and go to the lands that have more nodes.

I gathered 4k ore yesterday without any issue. You all are blowing this out of proportion and just scared/lazy to find it.

3. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

i'm not forgetting anything, i keep the portal map open on one of my monitors, and yes, wood is a problem
    --- Post updated ---
    nobody cares what you're tired of, just like they don't care what i'm tired of.. i've been trying to do the work, but the 'work' isnt there. so deal with yourself.
    --- Post updated ---
    i'm neither scared, nor lazy, it's simply not there, and i'm travelling sometimes literally half the map hitting nodes
    --- Post updated ---
    i happen to be crafting the most expensive items in my tier, as that's what they've said yields the highest gains. why the hell do you feel the need to insult people, you're the schmuck

4. Serasi

Serasi Mirdain Master Archer

FWIW I have pretty much solo leveled bowyer to 100 and mastery to 25 and haven't had any issues finding wood. Some areas are lacking trees to chop, but others have a plethora of available trees.

As far as ore goes: once the server crashes are resolved the devs may want to look into decreasing respawn time slightly, but there is plenty of ore as of right now. You just need to know where to look and be aware of respawn timers.

5. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Ok ruby has always been a location with less ore, I could agree it might need a bit more but that does not make the op right or anyone else on here right as I am willing to bet 1000's of ore nodes are untouched daily on the main continent just because of what I said before, people don't leave safe zone

6. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

i happen to be crafting the most expensive items in my tier, as that's what they've said yields the highest gains. why the hell do you feel the need to u
    yeah, but what about players like me, who scour ruby, no joy, and then move to the islands, with no joy, and then i moved up to yssam today, lol, no freaking ore.. islands down toward dwarf lands.. all tapped, everything from kvitstein to thorsland.. tapped, also tapped from ymirs tear down to that brown bear spawn on the road.. and east all the way to the coast.. so yeah.. i made the rounds today, with the total coverage i've given the map today, i should have easily 1k to 2k ore.. i managed 400, 2 outer continents, and pretty much the entire dwarf zone and the islands in between.. 400 ore.. if you're not seeing the problem there then i'm not sure you're doing the math for crafting.

it's obvious that i missed the nodes when they respawned, and sure i could wait around at a particular cluster for 2 hours or so waiting for it to respawn so that i know exactly when it was cleared.. but would YOU wait around for 2 hours or so for a friggin node to respawn? didn't think so.

i get that not everyone crafts and they think we're bitchin for no reason. and other people have been lucky enough to catch the nodes before the china farmers get there.. i think the point, is that we shouldnt have to be bickering about it in the first place.

this would be a non issue had @Andrew and the gang left the yields alone and gave the speed boost gained by the skill a tad more oomph. hell.. they could even throw in rare metal items, like pickaxes and such (just like in UW, yeah i said it), which would not only speed up harvesting but also increase the drop rate for that particular rare.. so a sele pick, would net you more selentine ore while speeding up the process (uw actually had a good idea with that one).

and why did @Andrew attempt to fix something that wasn't broken you ask? because his pvp loving fanboi pals whined that there was never enough pvp (they didn't think about the fact that a new darkfall release would make the population massive). So, for the sake of removing the 'afk' aspect of harvesting in an effort to force harvesters further out and about so that the pvp crowd could be pleased.. they screwed all of us that are not lucky enough to beat the chinese, and don't have a clan of 30 people to lean on for ingots, leather, wood, steed grass..etc

still didn't stop people from bugging mobs in dungeons, in trees on that little island south of shoal, etc etc... and people standing there afk casting in order to get certain skills leveled fast.

#26 Carrot Soup, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  7. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl
    Benefactor Contributor Legend

If all you want is ore then kill undead dwarves. Or just make gold and buy ore from the people that tapped it all out.

8. Myspace

Myspace Skeleton Archer

You're accusing everyone else of bitching, but suggesting if you stop trying to 'save money' with mats you would make better gains is "insulting"? Sure.

Everybody else is not "in denial". There are multiple people here telling you that you're doing it wrong, and you just want to plug your ears and blame the game instead.

Let me ask a pretty simple question that you conveniently skipped over:

If the problem you are having are nodes being already "mined out" when you find them - how does increasing the spawn rate, or increasing the size of the node solve your problem?

Lets set a theoretical that a player passes by an ore node every two minutes near an NPC city. If ore respawns in 1.5hrs instead of 3, multiple people are still going to pass that ore node before you get there. Presumably, every player mines the node completely when they find it so it's not helping there either. All you are really asking for is to have to do less work to get the same amount of ore.

For the third time, and the point you keep skipping over, what you are really asking for is a better system for trade. Obviously, you just aren't very good at the gathering part of the game right now. You should be able to easily buy what you need from players who have an abundance of ore from working the system better.

lol I didn't even mention this but you don't even need to mine with the new loot changes as well. Too much complaining and not enough problem solving ITT.

9. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

100 percent I ran across the entire continent to get 25 to 60 ore.... 90 percent of the nodes are bone dry. VERY FRUSTRATING. Not to mention I got killed before I was able to recall with my 60 ore.

kilrath81 likes this.
  10. Lakisuria_Moonglade

Lakisuria_Moonglade Varangian Warthane
    Legend

I'd personally like to see nodes on an hourly re-spawn outside of safe-zones. Maybe even make them hourly inside of safe zones but only able to yield 5-10 of whatever resource they hold.

11. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

Your a god damn moron and your post is bull shit. I go all over the fucken map especially the middle No nodes you damn retard dont post if you really dont know what your talking about
    --- Post updated ---
    How can you say how does increasing size and node time solve the problem... if you cant figure that out you really need some help man. Im very worried about your problem solving skills for real life. You might starve on your way to the kitchen when you find less food in there. Dont be fucken dumb man. BIGGER NODES= people getting what they need faster so they dont farm out every node in the area. MORE SPAWN RATE = Nodes are depleted but have ore for the next guy who comes along because they respawn.
    --- Post updated ---
    its not a lie... ive experienced it. Meanwhile im not just running one account I have 3 accounts going looking all over gods creation for nodes.

12. Myspace

Myspace Skeleton Archer

--- Post updated ---
    Did I just hear you right? People are going to simply "stop mining" with ore nodes around them because they "have what they need"? They will bank and come back. If they don't, the next person who catches that route will. And then eventually someone will time that route and hit it close to respawn if it's good enough or close enough to traffic areas.

First of all, clans that have territory locked down with mining routes usually are casually rotating miners anyway, so if it's near territory it's going to get timed most of the day anyway. The same goes for near capital or newbie cities, or very popular farm spots. Simply more people pass by these areas and check iron (because it's so valuable right now) than the other resources.

Second of all, I could concede this would make "night-mining" easier and taking advantage of off-peak hours. But what does that really mean? "China farmers" as you call them are just going to do longer routes at night and accumulate larger stockpiles than they can right now, because there would be more available.

If Iron is worth 10g right now, and you get 100 a run while a "china farmer" gets 400. Is it really better for you if Iron drops to 4g because of material inflation, and now you get 200 a run because the "china farmer" is rockin' 800+ with the new changes? You don't see how these things are related?

Do you guys understand what opportunity cost is?

13. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I already mentioned that ruby is kind of barren it is barren of trees also, not arguing that but it does make sense to have less trees since it is a desert n all it is to be expected, but wood and ore are pretty abundant in most places.

14. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

If you didn't know, a node can show empty even when it is full, so you best go actually check and get the system message that there is no more ore there. If you didn't know, now you do enjoy.

15. bertacus

bertacus Goblin Shaman
    Legend

6k iron ignots in... 6k iron ore to smelt.. im taking all ur nodes.

16. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

rofl need to change your name and if your not one those hundreds of players I mentioned why comment at all? I had an alt in safe zone for a week so I do actually know what I am talking about as I have been their as well as been a long term vet playing all versions of the game having the same map with the same nodes in all 3 with a population more than doubling what we have now so yes I do know.. You however are some angry nerd with his head so far up his ass he is unable to see this.

but lol to your nerd rage comments have a wonderful day snowflake

17. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

just..
    stfu and stop twisting what i've said, and stop assuming that you know my methods. i stay in a grid square long enough for all the nodes to respawn.. you're not getting the point. the yield is too low and the clearing time is too fast. as a result the chinese farmers are getting everything and if it's not them, then its the large clans who have 20 or 30 guys out tapping nodes on a timer.

we had a fighting chance before andrew and his team used the stop gap of reduced yield and time on nodes, now, well now, we don't have a chance, my normal daily route SHOULD yield around 4k ore, and it's been yielding 400. that sir, is not my imagination, and exactly the reason i relocated, because i had the same thought that you and other people are saying, maybe you're in the wrong spot. it's not the location. it's the yield/time vs population. BPG made this change without considering the effect it would have, based on a lower population. they were wrong, and it needs to be reconsidered.

i'm not the only one pointing it out. thus, it IS everywhere, it IS a problem and it's why this thread is continuing to get notice.

@Andrew needs to fix the real problem, which is no tutorial, and restore the alignment system and race wars, and put back harvesting to where it used to be, as the population size is what's adversely effecting the availability of resources. He knows it, you know it, we all know it. BPG is simply refusing to admit the error, and then refusing to correct it.

18. Myspace

Myspace Skeleton Archer

you can't compare the old game to this one like that, the economy is just straight different. Let's just talk about the game we are playing.

Your "yield/time vs population" argument is not logical, and it proves you don't understand how opportunity cost works. Mining ore is techinically inefficient if you could be farming XYZ mob or other activity and just buy ore at a greater rate than you would get just farming it. If you make ore as plentiful as you seem to want it, you are going to plummet the cost of ore and make mining it meaningless for a small or casual player (like you!) to mine it without just wasting a whole lot of their time. You will never compete with the volume "china farmers" and large clans can produce. At least now if you can be efficient with your use of time mining (by being smart about it!) it's worthwhile to do, and not just only profitable if you can use an alt or something equivalent to mine at all possible times.

Why do you keep ignoring my point about trading for iron from people who have it? What's wrong with that system, other than the trade mechanics currently in the game? You complained earlier about them taking leather and wood out of the vendors. So when player vendors are in a capital and you can walk up and buy the iron you need, isn't that fine?

19. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl
    Benefactor Contributor Legend

Your argument doesn't make any sense. Why do china farmers or large clans have more opportunity than you to get ore?
    Fact of the matter is, anyone that is having problems getting resources needs to rethink the way they are going about it. Just because you have not figured out how to make the system work for you does not mean the system does not work.

20. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

definitely aware of it, but thanks :)