Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Lag/Burnout :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Killa162, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Killa162

Killa162 Crypt Guard

Anyone just not feeling compelled or that much excited to log in anymore? You might log in and play for a few maybe, then get off and go play something else?

Sadly I'm not even 56 GS Mast, don't have polearm mast, or knives. I still need insect swarm, a few GM and 1-2 LM spells to 75. Then I'd need all the Hymn's to 75, but lately I just feel heavily burned out even if its sped up in leveling from DFO. I'm not a vet and just feels slow, I'm always doing something that I log in, either gathering to get my stats up, or grinding mobs for different melee gains/gold gains to sink into scrolls.

Then on top of the destro grind(thank god I'm not mage or I'd not ever be viable) the 20-30 server wide lag that all my clan mates experience at the exact same time I do and probably everyone else experiences always feels like it happens at the worst times.

I still want to play DF but more and more I'm just getting burned and other then pve farming, I duel to try and improve my PvP skills. But even that gets a bit much since everyone is grinding in my clan. And I'm not going to go roam when I'd be a solo shit tier destro. I'd be handing gear bags away when I already lost a few last week or two.

P.S./Disclaimer - How do you guys feel? This isn't a "wahhhh lag sucks, fix it blizzard (BabyRage)", or "wahhhh the grind is stupid please buff skills gains". Post is just a conversation to al of you and how you all feel about your play time right now. There's plenty of cuck posts about crying about those topics, I'm patiently waiting for a lag fix and the grind is just a grind, it's buffed from DFO so nothing to do but get at it.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Navlaan and Sique like this.
  2. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

like any game i think you need a break from it now and then, or at least a change of pace. there's tons of stuff to do in the world, even something simple like riding/portaling to another continent that you haven't been to yet can lead to an adventure. the downside of sandbox games is that they don't tell you what to do to have fun, you need to go out and seek it - and when you do the reward is greater.

Ledwulf, Nat, Green Chili and 2 others like this.
  3. sup

sup Akathar
    Legend

Lag makes me not want to fight anyone, but I'm still grinding my character and doing some farming. It's making others not want to play, though, which means I've seen less people in discord and have less people to group with.

I would like to be able to earn more meditation points without having to go to a dungeon, but besides that I feel like I'm progressing decently.

KingLlama and Killa162 like this.
  4. ijharb

ijharb Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter

I'm having fun still. The lag is annoying but there's still plenty of bang to be had.

Everrest, Myater, Green Chili and 3 others like this.
  5. Tuloth

Tuloth Infernal
    Loyal Hero

The lag doesn't phase me too much, since I'm still grinding PvE, although it is super annoying that mobs still snipe you while dagger hits don't register. Last week I was sort of "burn out" all I did was basically dig constantly, gained minimal character progression, but this week I've been revitalized and am hitting the grind again.

If you ever want to duel someone outside of your guild, I'm a baddie mage. Hit me up anytime.

Nat and Killa162 like this.
  6. Killa162

Killa162 Crypt Guard

Maybe one day I might take you on that.

But to the rest, yeah I been doing the same, I log in and just grind on something for like a hour or 2 and log off. Try and get SOME money for med and log off and chill playing something else.

The lag doesn't affect me TOO much since its like every half hour or hour from the persistance load lag and only lasts a minute or less. But whenever it happens at a time whenever I'm out by myself and I find a lone red/gray by themselves and I want to engage. I enaged someone on nif a few days ago, and then the lag hit and the dude was just teleporting all over my screen as he was trying to run away. I somehow hit 2 back archery hits and was down to 25% hp. All I needed was 2-3 melee swings since I closed the gap... But the lag continued and he mounted up and once on the mount its like the lag intensified and I couldn't land a single shot. I pm'd the guy and said he wasn't experiencing anything. But i asked guild mates and EVERY one of them felt the lag at their pve spawns. Shits lame :( Would've been my 2nd solo kill.

7. feeWAIVER

feeWAIVER Goblin Warlord

If I was destro I'd prolly get bored too.
    Magic is just more fun.

8. Killa162

Killa162 Crypt Guard

I can see it, but Destro is enjoyable as well. It's just a niche play style that needs time and support to excel extremely well. Less likely to dumpster people with destro solo, but I'm not counting on being the best Red in the game. Sieges and group roam is a lot more fun to me to communicate with others. I play Warrior in a lot of games, and just happens that warriors tend to need healers/support to excel. No different here, unless your godlike like Meta Pod from DFO.

9. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

Max mage. Meditating stats and building up my bank/lvling my crafter alt. Also dueling non stop adapting to this server lag.

There's a lot to do but I also work from 5am to 5pm. If I had the chance to no life it I might get bored myself.

10. Fenris

Fenris Celestial
    Hero

I know exactly how you feel. I'm not really that far behind in my leveling, but I feel my interest in the game wane each passing day. I don't know exactly why, I may just be done with Darkfall altogether. I experienced everything the game had to offer back in the days, and with no new substantial content, I'm not really that into it anymore. The server lag doesn't even have anything to do with my waning interest.

I may just wait a year and come check out RoA again.

11. Tuloth

Tuloth Infernal
    Loyal Hero

I, personally, want to see destroyer removed and replaced with much more diverse (and hopefully less limiting) specializations. I feel like destroyers were a band aid cop out, and poorly thought out. But that is a discussion for another thread.

Rorschach and Killa162 like this.
  12. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

It's always been an issue in Darkfall IMO. You either grind or you pvp but there's nothing else. Decreasing the grind has sadly made this more evident. That's probably what BPG needs to focus on, adding new content in the game, like actual fun dungeons/bosses with fun mechanics (that's one area in which DFUW was better then DFO), mini-games, an arena, etc.

The first thing they should probably focus on is the sea towers. The whole mechanics of the sea towers is flawed and boring. A complete overhaul where you actually have to take the thing would probably be better instead of just having people sit in a pinnace hoping to last hit and bouncing as soon as they see anyone.

WyLd_SyDe, STDIO and Killa162 like this.
  13. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

the lag is terrible and makes you not want to pvp at all, however i still need to level my char, so its not as frustrating because it basically forces you to get the grind over with and not waste time

Fengor likes this.
  14. Killa162

Killa162 Crypt Guard

I work 8am-4pm and just feel less interested to personally log in. If I had no life, I might play more but then again I might've waned off a lot sooner then I am now. I know the game is sandbox but other then crafting, pve grind, random pvp with very sparse sieges in alliance. The game doesn't a whole lot. Yeah you can go lock down a dungeon, kill krakens, "explore" to a new continient to just go there for different farm then where you're currently at. But at the end of the day, it boils down to the few things I listed. Exploring only leads to random pvp fights, and just new pve spots u hear abt from guild or forums for better farm. Not really much of a exploration. Plus trade routes more then not are camped at the end point and result in random pvp as well.

I don't know, I guess I was just looking for more to the game then I thought? I don't know. And I don't mind the action based combat style, since BDO/Tera were games I enjoy. But I feel like this game is weird, I can't seem to get the right sens for melee/archery and most melee fights feel so fucking twitchy, almost like I'm playing scout knives on CS. Constant flicking while running/moving around your target to sticky back.

I do too but I highly doubt it will happen soon enough to where there's enough population left to care.

15. Big Ed

Big Ed Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

I grinded up to where I'm now considered viable but find it increasingly difficult to log in because it seems every pvp experience is effected by the server lag in some way. It really needs to be fixed as it's hurting the core mechanic of the game.

Fenrir Frauki and Killa162 like this.
  16. Killa162

Killa162 Crypt Guard

I guess so, but then that's all your ever doing and it gets stale and extremely boring just grinding all the time. Usually at 2-4 mob spawns if not more if you have them around you, or if you like to travel constantly each day. But personally I stay to where I know and venture out with the clan every now and then to spice it up. But it's just getting bland now. Because if I venture out alone when I go grind, most the time I go to spawns that have high traffic or other know their good spawns and patrol around them to gank players. So I'm stuck to my assorted list of spawns. Just sucks.
    --- Post updated ---
    Care to elaborate on what they dropped the ball on? I'm genuinely curious and in no way is this to offend you or stir shit. Serious question.

17. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

Take a break. Realistically, especially as u get older (DFO was almost a decade ago, you are a different person now), folks dont usually nolife the same gameplay continuously.

Try out some new single player game, play thru it, then come back to df for a bit and get some shit done there. go for a few roams, raid a couple cities, level a skill. Then go play a diff game for a few days again.

This game doesnt really have content, so its hard to nolife it. You pretty much need to have to be narcissistic enough that nothing else matter in ur life except "getting good" because thats the only content the game has. If you try to nolife it, it is very easy to burn out.

so take breaks. Path of Exile Beta for a new xpack is coming out soon, if ur into diablo style games check that out for a bit, i know i will be. Some new shooter, a new story-based RPG, whatever floats ur boat.

Fengor likes this.
  18. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

im still compelled to log and pretty much excited. thanks for ask

Fengor likes this.
  19. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

This is what happens when you go from 0 to 100 real quick. I myself have stopped my character progression several times to just explore roam look for PvP and also check out new areas for new grinding spots.

If you log in every day with a goal like getting mastery to a certain point it can become boring and make you lose sight of why this game is fun! Dont worry about maxing yourself out just try to find some fun in game! If it bugs you that others are maxed and you are not just travel in a group with some other skilled and or maxed players to counter the balance.

Who knows maybe you just genuinely burned out and need a break for a bit?

Killa162 likes this.
  20. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

I haven't been able to play in almost three weeks (selling my house IRL) and I'm going out of my mind with DF withdrawl.

Take a break for a day or two.

Kantor and Killa162 like this.