Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Land tower suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blaze, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

First I would like to say, awesome job on putting in the land tower :) I think a lot of the community has wanted this in for a long time now. I think the land tower helps produce a lot of bigger fights which is cool, but the longer the land tower has come out, there have been some flaws I see and probably others see. I think some groups get discouraged to go to it or try to take it for themselves due to any one person being able to snipe it, you bring a group expecting to get a fight, but no other group wants to go and get sniped so you end up bring your cannon out and get it almost to one hit to just have it get sniped from you. As this cycle continues I see less and less groups trying to take it, it should be something highly contested it every day and not to see who can snipe it, should promote fights. I make this thread to see what others think and what solutions the community might have for it.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Mimitis TheOne

Mimitis TheOne Undead Dwarf

Happened to us just now, most of our group logged out and were discouraged, i hope there will be a solution for this problem implomented soon.

3. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

any suggestions on what they could do you think?

Mimitis TheOne likes this.
  4. tic tac

tic tac Dire Zombie
    Hero

It's definitely not a great system. Currently I would imagine 8 different groups could have a cannon firing, without seeing each other. No single group could ever lock the place down to guarantee the cap..

On the other hand, if you make it like a village with control points, no one will bother showing up unless they know they can contest BW, Defiance, HHH or whoever has the most on at the time. Should it always go to the person with the biggest group? The sea tower has always been snipable by smaller clans, but its easier to lock down the area.

Mimitis TheOne likes this.
  5. Mimitis TheOne

Mimitis TheOne Undead Dwarf

They need to get rid of the sea tower model, create a new king of the hill zone that clan members have to be inside to either A) Acquire amount of points B) Some timer system? another idea would be to have some damagable object that again produces points where you either have hit a cap or do the most damage in X amount of time, Just get a 3D modeller to create a new tower site that has a big enough area to fight in, to discourage people just staying at max range nuking force people to go inside and fight

I cant post am banned

Posting this for DeadlyHit for his forum acc is apparently banned

Sameog likes this.
  6. CreZee

CreZee Ghost
    Loyal Supporter

My recommendation-

Make a large control point that must be captured much like the villages. However, instead of that capping the tower, make it to where the tower is vulnerable to be damaged only by the group that has the control point. This would force people to fight over the control point, and ensure the only way a group could snipe it is if they capture the control point, first.

Bonii, KingLlama, SuB ZeRo and 4 others like this.
  7. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Rewards go to most damage, buff goes to last hit???

Neilk likes this.
  8. Freakon

Freakon Goblin Warrior

This is a place meant for bigger groups. But the opposite. how big a group you have is irrelevant. I think people need to think about how to put up tactics to win. The zerg has less significance here. If thets a good or bad thing depends on If your whit The zerg och whit a smal clan.

9. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Frostjarl
    Lifetime Legend

Make 6 control points around center map. Whoever controls the most time on the pads for ~30 mins wins. Problem solved.

Mega likes this.
  10. Mega

Mega Earth Elemental
    Legend

Last hit system would be okay, if rewards didn't go to CB. Same thing with Sea Tower, rewards should go on Ship!

11. Raap

Raap Wildtribe Mage

The landsea tower is a boring piece of content, and pretty much as anyone could predict the participation dropped substantially the moment the novelty of it wore off.

Because completely new mechanics are development intensive, I'd propose a set of changes that will take some development time, but not as much as a completely new set of mechanics:
    1. Take the tower art file(s) and deconstruct the cannon emplacement towers from the core model, seal up any mesh holes this leaves.
    2. Take one of the cannon emplacement towers and create a new asset(s) from it, as a stand-alone piece.
    3. Position three of these new cannon towers on the three existing cliffs or platforms around the landsea tower, and make them face the landsea tower. There are cliffs or platforms northwest, southwest, and east.
    4. Update the terrain near the cliffs or platforms so there are additional ways to climb up onto them, to ensure the fighting isn't all about choke points and tight ledges. This can include making the chains easier to walk on.
    5. Move mob spawns away from the cannon towers themselves.
    6. The landsea tower should only be able to receive damage from these three special cannon towers, this will involve creating a special impact damage type.
    7. Rewards must be handed out to the party that was dealing most damage.
    8. If a party/clan fails to deal damage to the tower for 5 minutes, their contribution becomes un-linked to their party/clan. This is to prevent cases where a party/clan deals 70% of the damage, wipes, and then the winning party/clan caps the remaining 30% for the wiped party/clan.
    9. Avoid burn-out, reduce the frequency at which the landsea tower goes live, which has the added perk of making the buff last a little longer.
    This will change the landsea tower from "oh I wonder where the ninja 1% snipe will come from this time" in which only the rich can afford to spawn loads of cannons that require significant amounts of rare ingots to craft, to a game of "hold the point" which encourages groups to spread out and control, at minimum, two of these cannon towers to deal a majority of damage (without being wiped and losing this damage link to their party/clan).

Edit: An even more simplistic band-aid would be to change it into a village capturing system, but a complete copy-paste of that system is going to result in even more boring gameplay, since the village system by this point is seen and over-done. Even so, I'd still recommend terrain changes in order to make the fighting space less annoying.

#11 Raap, Apr 17, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  12. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

the point of land-tower is to make warhulks become useful on a daily basis. Canons can be used too, but ppl are definitely bringing more warhulks these days.

A easy solution for land-towers: anywhere below 25% health, the clan that deals most of the damage wins. It should auto-regen back to 25% health after a certain amount of time have passed. that's almost exactly the way it was with the old VCP system from DFO, but we actually had to bring repair tools to repair the stone before capping.

13. ijharb

ijharb Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter

nobody is going to take the time to get it to the 25% mark if none of that matter.

14. Sameog

Sameog Gravelord
    Legend

Have it generate loot in everyones bags within the vicinity, if you survive and stay in range you get more loot, and you can kill other people for their loot/reason to fight. Bonus win could go to clan who was in range the longest or most people. Just an idea....

give us test arena queue server plox

15. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy

Well I like that people are crafting/using cannons and warhulks for this. It gets the siege weaponry economy flowing. Its very healthy for what was often a dead end in mats and item use.

I like Raaps idea, but I dont want to turn it into a Black Powder exchange that'll result in nakeds doing it if population dips again.
    Instead of the towers, just have zones (vantage points), where tower damage can be dealth by warhulks or cannons placed there... and there only.
    Elsewhere cant be used to damage it.

Last hit mechanic was never good for the gameplay experience. Last hit combined with magic teleportation to a clan bank for all the loot was really poor design by AV, just getting the job done that they wanted.
    It was a real middle finger to everyone who bothered to put in the effort to attend the event.. it eventually killed off motivation and organisation required.

I also like the sound of what Sameog touched on above. An attendance reward for those in the area before it was capped. With some tweaks to stop abuse of course.

But keeping in mind the whole idea of territory and clan driven warfare and gameplay... Perhaps the loot and function of the event should tie in with villages/territory control zones.
    Quick example, what if owning the tower gave empowered village loot..
    or..
    What if, when capped, on top of the regular rewards, it also suddenly activated villages on either of the 4 sub-continents.. kinda like a snowball event.

Or better still, IF the people who capture it are at war with another clan who owns territory.. that enemy clan has their village timers adjusted to their disadvantage, for the advantage of the cappers.
    Doesnt make sense right now, but that should the path we're headed down.. rather than just constantly remaking 'eggs' that players crack open for a reward and then return to their pointless gameplay.

#15 KoKane, Apr 19, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    Sameog likes this.