Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Lars Darkfall RoA PvP #1

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by Lars, May 6, 2016.

1. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

I move 12 inches for 180 movement

Ive never lost a melee exchange

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    EliteMage likes this.
  2. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

As someone who mains mage and sucks at melee I can tell you heavy armor is OP atm. With a bow, you hit someone with their staff out for 30, but the mage hits you for 15-18. In melee you do ~9dmg more, and if you get slashing debuffed you still do 3 dmg more. Also, I have no problem aiming a bow so maybe you should just work on that. Mages abilities take ~12.5mana per cast while archery takes 5 per shot and has a higher stam loss on hit than mages because it does more dmg. Overall, wthout efficiency the stat battle is much harder for a mage than for a destro as you take less dmg, less stam dmg, deal more dmg, deal more stam dmg, and your whole mana bar can be used as a second stam bar. Hence why even me being a shitty destro plays destro because it's easier to play atm than a mage. You can mindlessly take alot of dmg and it doesn't matter.

Also, I'd agree no enchants wouldn't be to bad if every destro wasn't running around in full infernal or dragon. If they wore FP with plate fillers (the normal set) then it would be more balanced.

#62 Myater, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
  3. Franchise

Franchise Fire Elemental
    Supporter

^ Facts

4. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Don't blow up the kids brain

chad likes this.
  5. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

Except if ure itwas luck destro is garbage in 1v1 situations.

But in group fights and sieges..... megabeast.
    --- Post updated ---
    Well said. U forgot actually destros are immune to debuffs. (Panacea spam)

6. Lars

Lars Goblin Warrior
    Lifetime

Usually i can find either by running solo or a small group, Sometimes people just do not have the heart to zerg you and offer you a 1v1, And also in transit between major cities i tend to find loads of people.

dizmal likes this.
  7. dizmal

dizmal Goblin Warrior
    Hero

Pretty solid melee, Lars is mean though and never takes us out anymore. He just keeps us in our cage and whips us.

Oh the whipping has scared us all.

8. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

I'd agree with that, but that opens a destro up to being perma disabled lol.

9. Erock

Erock Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Archery is slower in DFO, you have to lead a bit, dunno if that's been said here already. Good vid lars, melee crutcher!

Fengor likes this.
  10. Sebastian Ogier

Sebastian Ogier Goblin Scout
    Affluent Loyal Patron Legend

Nice watch lars!

11. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

Yeah, but even shots at point blank range somehow miss even if my crosshair is basically directly on them even for low ping players. I have 50 ping so it doesn't make any sense to me. The only explanation is server lag, unless there's some magical bug with arrows where they go through everyone?

In this example I aim behind Ele and hit him, but the next shot is even closer to him but misses somehow. There's definitely some inconsistency with the hit registration, whether it's in regard to the server or the game's hitbox desync I have no idea. Most of my arrows hit people if I aim behind them, not in front of them. It should be the other way around, right? At least when I'm this close I should be able to aim directly on them and hit them every time.

bmurph101 and Dad Puncher like this.
  12. Dad Puncher

Dad Puncher Gravelord
    Supporter

The only archery confirmed wipe uses is Disable Shot :hushed::grimacing::grin::tearsofjoy::sob::dizzy:

13. EliteMage

EliteMage Gravelord
    Patron Hero

not my proudest fap.

14. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

nice vid bro

15. Kilset

Kilset Black Knight
    Hero

Your understanding of archery is minimal. Go watch some luck videos or mad knight videos to get a basic understanding of how archery works in this game. Pretty much every shot must be lead when shooting from most distances, shots up close require much less leading.

In regards to your video, it is clear that the 1st shot you adjust JUST before your arrow left your body. Where you adjusted was correct and you put it over his head rather than leaving your crosshair at his left arms (arms have virtually no hitbox). The second shot you leave your crosshair at his arms and the shot goes through him, as expected.

Fengor and Kol Taggar like this.
  16. Dad Puncher

Dad Puncher Gravelord
    Supporter

So its the hit boxes that are trash? I think those shots should have been counted. Second shot was at shoulders and he adjusted it to neck/shoulder height not arms. If you are missing shots because the arms of players have sketch hitboxes that is something that should be improved on. No reason to stick with AV's trash hitboxes and not reward perfectly acceptable aiming.

Put it this way he would have hit a rail in Quake with either of those shots. I dont see why an arrow should miss from that distance with that crosshair placement or why you seem to be angry at him for pointing it out...this is what alpha is for bro finding things that could be adjusted. AV is incompetent as fuck if their hitboxes need a tweak to bring them up to a 2016 standard then tweak that shit feel me?

[​IMG]

You've already shown me first hand that you hit a lot of arrows Kilset I know that, but that doesn't discredit the fact there are more then a few times that arrows miss when they should really hit.

17. Kilset

Kilset Black Knight
    Hero

I never said the hitboxes were ok, I simply said they were understandable. Also hitboxes play into ping aswell, effectively every shot that is landed or MISSED is entirely understandable (for the most part, apart from obvious server issues)

What i'm saying is don't blame the server so much for bad registration but rather blame yourself for lacking an understanding of the game its self. Again, i'm not saying that it is a good thing. Just make sure you guys talking about the right things.

#77 Kilset, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
    Fengor likes this.
  18. Dad Puncher

Dad Puncher Gravelord
    Supporter

But you can at least see where the confusion between hit reg and garbage hit boxes could come from right?

It's not common knowledge, at least to UW players like me and Sique or Bird that the game has fucked hitboxes so when shots like that miss even if the aim is 100% on point what are we supposed to think?

Honestly it would be nice if someone had tutorials explaining meta shit like this for anyone new to this game.

19. Kilset

Kilset Black Knight
    Hero

See that is also the thing, the hitboxes are not complete fucking garbage, as you say. They are in many ways, better than UW. You guys really are used to playing UW. A game with projectile speeds literally 2 or 3x faster than DFO. It just takes adjustment, it isn't difficult to understand from a fresh point of view. Your view is heavily skewed from UW.

Fengor likes this.
  20. Dad Puncher

Dad Puncher Gravelord
    Supporter

Yea maybe my perspective is a lil skewed but at the same time I dont see how 20% of a character model having virtually no hitbox is anything but garbage. Just seems like bad game design.

If bpg decides to tweak it awesome, if they dont I'll just adjust and get used to it. I just want this to be more then a vanilla private server.