Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Latency reducers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Wozno

Wozno Goblin Warlord
    Legend

So what you are saying is that, you getting 30 better ping is more important than giving EU players overall a ping to atleast play the game, barely competitive... Am i understanding you correctly? you truelly are an american, arent you...

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

If you check the ping thread, many people in Europe are sub 100 to NY myself included.

I'm getting around 90 to the server IP posted above. This is the case for most of Western Europe as far as Scandinavia.

Kylock Linoge and Fengor like this.
  3. Zoro

Zoro Spellgazer

I still don't think you're grasping the concept that west coast NA ping is going from decent to trash in order for EU ping to go from trash to not as much trash but still trash. It makes as much sense as moving the server in order for Australians to get better ping. Too many EU players involved in the project I guess. Unfortunate that your EU comprehension is incapable of grasping such a simple concept, I guess the real delay is in your brains not your latency to the server. If at this point you still want to fail to acknowledge the information I've presented you with, I don't see the benefit of continuing this conversation.

4. solid

solid New Member
    Legend

Thank you for your continued concern on this matter. If you have solid information and statistics to back up your claims we would be more than happy to look at it.

Again, please keep the conversation civil and constructive.

5. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

We looked at a few Chicago hosts but when testing it didn't pan out. While yes west coast NA players pings improved a little in the 20 to 30 range... EU pings shot up considerably by 40 to 50 to be in the 140-200 range depending where in EU you were.

The US may have have the single largest playerbase for a single country for sure. But when you look at NA as a whole vs Western EU as a whole the split is around 60-40. So the logical choice we made is the server location that provides a sub 100 ping potential to both markets. EU players average 90 to 140 in ping tests to our new York host while virtually all of NA players are between 15-100 ping.

Sorry that California players are the farthest from the server location in NA. If you could choose between a server with way more actives or get 20 to 30 extra ping which would you prefer? The overwhelming majority vote from the community we've received over the last 4 to 6 months is activity is king.

-Andrew

6. Wozno

Wozno Goblin Warlord
    Legend

Atleast we agree on something. But let me finish with putting this in a metaphor. Im gonna use an example from the army so you understand.

2 soldiers were walking on a road. Suddenly they step on a mine which is never a good thing!. Soldier X (thats you) loose both legs. Soldier Y (thats EU) loose both legs AND one arm.

What I am argueing for is that, atleast he has an arm and can become a great armwrestler!!

What you are saying is that you would trade Y's last arm, for X to get a leg back, because Y is fucked either way!

Did i get it right?

Oh, and no, both you and i know EU has more players than Australia had, so that is not a good comparisment, no matter how many times you write it.

Peace out my beloved American.

#26 Wozno, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  7. Kotic

Kotic Infernal
    Legend

Ye you can't really compare anything with Australia.

It makes sense to have the server in NY because the community is split with a good amount of people in NA and EU. It isn't reasonable to accommodate for Australia because there is far less population of Darkfall players there. (Although I'm in Kansas and would love the 30-50 ping in Chicago, NY is best for the game)

8. Tazmanian Devil

Tazmanian Devil Deadeye

Ya it is.. you dont even notice ping until you pop 150 maybe even 200. 100 ping is not bad its really good.

9. trashsmasher

trashsmasher Crypt Guard

10. Kilset

Kilset Black Knight
    Hero

wrong.

chad and Clarence Swamptown like this.
  11. Erock

Erock Varangian Warthane
    Legend

They aren't for everyone, it's mostly for people that will have bad routing to the server. A lot of ISPs use shitty static routing tables a VPN bypasses that and takes you straight to your destination.

chad and Clarence Swamptown like this.
  12. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

yeah you are wrong.

chad likes this.
  13. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

lol really?

14. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

They don't work for everyone that's true but from looking into them it does seem to help in many cases.

I'm removing wtfast from this list due to a lot of negative feedback from their users.

Battle Ping so far is standing out as a possible first choice.

-Andrew

maymo and chad like this.
  15. Glass Cannon

Glass Cannon New Member

Average of 140. Hopefully it gets better with a VPN.

16. foggen

foggen Goblin Warrior

If there would ever be an eu server I might consider playing. As a highly competative player as most of the ones who stalk these forums I dont see myself competing with 120 ping or more.

I was asked to sign up my clan for the game since we have a few interested but I personally wont play on a US server. Too frustrating for my personal taste.

Cheers and good luck with the game.

17. Ch4r4x

Ch4r4x Winterbound
    Hero

#37 Ch4r4x, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  18. maymo

maymo Goblin Scout

120 average ping feelsbadman, not to mention it will most likely be even higher ingame.

19. Ultra Combo

Ultra Combo Spellgazer

Plenty of your players from EU where able to do it. I don't think its as bad as your imagining. Ive had high ping before it did not affect me really. Esp 120 150 that's nothing. 200 is where it starts to suck.

20. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

I disagree many EUs stomped the NA server