Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Let's put this to rest once and for all.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WyLd_SyDe, Jun 2, 2017.

1. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

I don't have a maxed character, haven't even started the magic grind tbh. This thread really isn't about posturing but that sounds like fun. It will be just like the old days

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

The alignment system is kinda fucked. I was trying to go back blue yesterday and after killing 1 guy in the tomb iklit dungeon my daily progress was gone so i just gave up. The tomb iklit dungeon isn't a noob dungeon by any means. No new player should be there unless theyre being hand held by vets. Stuff like this is why im red, I dont go around ganking noobies next to sanguine.

Korag likes this.
  3. Stoned

Stoned Goblin Warrior
    Tester

I would've like to see more vets and maybe even Devs step up at the start and help new players..
    I know back in the day DF had a clan at one time called NEW that helped starting players. Do I think that would've help some? Yes.
    Only made it about 6 pages in on this thread before I got bored... I might have missed some good points but I don't think so.
    (racial clans for new players would'be been nice.. just anything really)

Game is a grind and that is what an MMO should be.
    Just wish we had a way to help new players get into the game and PvP before things go south.

4. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

a lot of clan helping new players
    even some of the "elitist" clans so really this is not an issue, their are however several d-bags that go around killing new players cause to be honest that is all they can handle killing.

5. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

Still curious why we can't look at a newbies loot before ganking.

Grimtide likes this.
  6. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

Can't you see though that if it's up to the players to change or fix this issue and a clan like NEW is necessary, then there's something fundamentally wrong that should have been addressed already?

A perfect example is the built in AHK/Script system. Any respectable designer or developer on the PLANET would look at everyone using AHK and think "Hmm, why are people using scripts? How can we change this so it's not necessary?" Perhaps experimenting with making r90s half the cooldown, but shared with every other r90 so the net effect is the same frequency of r90s, but not needing a fricking script just to toggle between them on the same hotkey.

But no. Instead of any of that, they just fricking build in AHK to the already clunky and unintuitive UI and call it a day.

7. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

cant say ive seen you do it personally but i know your clan sure as fuck does alot of it. that I have seen personally so i assume you are just like the others in your clan and lumped you together. Maybe a bad assumption but guilt by association.

edit: also funny thing. If i go in the iklit dungeon and see a group farming, my first instinct is to approach and see if they want to group as the quest gets done ALOT quicker. Its not to murder them just for being there. This mentality is what will kill the game. Simple murder for murders sake SHOULD have penalties. especially since you reap the rewards of that poor persons loot.

there should be a tradeoff.

8. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Well i mean, im red so i automatically assume people are going to attempt to murder me :(

And what clan? Im not in bloodline anymore.

9. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

You were in the video you posted how was I to know otherwise.

10. breakqop

breakqop Crypt Guard

why does an mmo need a mindless grind? the only actual reason i've heard is that some people enjoy it

seems like we're catering to a niche community (people that enjoy mindless grinds) inside a niche community (people that enjoy MMO pvp-oriented games)

11. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Star Citizen, the biggest crowd funded game ever (150+ million dollars) has ZERO character progression. It's all item/currency based

12. clandestino2a

clandestino2a Skeleton Archer

Of course they want the cash shop to sell good. and game with a bigger player base doesn't mean better game, WoW wasn't better than mmos before him, it was just made to be enjoyable for lazy and stupid players.

Sero likes this.
  13. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

watch out guys, smurfs talking about star citizen again.

14. Teclis

Teclis Undead Dwarf
    Supporter

Auto revive in lawful areas and ability to steal from dead players without gank.

15. black horseman

black horseman Skeleton Archer

I agree with both of these. Also if you loot a player corpse inside of a lawful area it should turn you grey if they were blue (with a warning).

WyLd_SyDe likes this.
  16. Kthanks24

Kthanks24 Goblin Warrior

What if we want to Melee/Archery then it's only 1 step, being entertainment for mages, welcome to Magefall: ROA

17. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

then go out with 50 of each reg and full dura bow/melee weapon?

18. Down Syndrome

Down Syndrome Fire Elemental
    Legend

... R90s share a cool down.... All your other r90s go on CD for half of the cooldown of the one you cast... It's literally the exact same thing you just described with slightly different way of getting to the same result...

19. Kthanks24

Kthanks24 Goblin Warrior

Oh that's right, the mages have to net their regs back after killing the archer

20. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

LOLOLOLOL.

How bout this, you roll out with no regs and you go play lalala fairy land with ur bow.

You wanna compete follow the meta until it changes, until then stay dogshit.

Just curious though. If archers did have these amazing abilities you so desperately crave. What do you think they would do? Do you think they might cost a reagent? Do you think that if an archer started casting magical arrows he ceases to be an archer and becomes some type of MAGICAL archer?