Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Let's put this to rest once and for all.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WyLd_SyDe, Jun 2, 2017.

1. bad die

bad die Goblin Scout

I heard 50+ in skills is viable.. so whats the problem? The grind is no where close to what it used to be.. Make your grind enjoyable... you don't need a maxed character to have fun in this game. I just hope this game has a population a year from now.
    This

The real grind is getting good. And many people have that grind behind them from years ago..

2. Mexi Horseman

Mexi Horseman Goblin Warlord

This thread is why this game will be dead soon... Look at how Sero is acting.. he's one of the best PvPers in the game and he's acting like a fucking clown. It's not about competing with Vets you idiots.. it's about getting them into the PvP sooner, which is what this game is about i thought. Not mindlessly shooting mobs for hours on end.. I've been playing 2-3hrs a day for a month and i'm no where near viable.

The ones complaining loudest about this are all the no lifers who need their advantages. Same shit as before. Don't worry in 2-3 months all the "idiots" will have quit and it will be Sero, Wyld, and 198 other no lifers who will have the game all to their selves and just the way they like it.

Zeiken and Kurise LXV like this.
  3. Knar

Knar Competition Winner
    Lifetime

Even when you get viable, you have to spend more time grinding mobs for gear. That's how MMOs work.

4. Mexi Horseman

there won't be a population because the players trying to catch up will never get to the "get gud grind" as you say.. because they will give up before even getting there.. For a new player coming in the grind is 6+ months if they put in less than 4hrs a day.
    --- Post updated ---
    which i think is fine. i've got no problem with a gear grind it is an MMO.. I also don't really have a problem with the char progression, although i'd like to see archery mastery and 2h mastery sped up.. No ones saying turn this into a Clone of Overwatch.

But unless you no life the shit out of this game 1 month isn't going to make you "viable" sorry its just not true.. I know where to grind, have been playing 2-3hrs a day for a month and I'm not even a viable destro.. let alone a viable mage.

I'm also really bad at the game, so when you couple that with a group of maxed out no lifers I have little to no chance to ever survive.

I'd like to see something done to get the new people into the part of the game that matters sooner rather than later... Within a few days in EVE i can be viable to a fleet and out having fun.. That's why people stay.

If what you say is true, and chars don't matter then you should be fine w/ a new player having a maxed char.. The only reason you would be against it is if you think your skill comes from char/gear gap..

Otherwise why do you care?

5. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

I act the way people act towards me. Like a fucking clown.

You people are complaining about the wrong things. So how about you get your argument across properly and I'll start a reasonable debate, but until you do:

Get fucking gud.

BTW: Link your stats, and magic schools, I wanna see what "2-3 hours a day, no where near viable is."

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  6. Mexi Horseman

which i think is fine. i've got no problem with a gear grind it is an MMO.. I also don't really have a problem with the char progression, although i'd like to see archery mastery and 2h mastery sped up.. No ones saying turn this into a Clone of Overwatch.

But unless you no life the shit out of this game 1 month isn't going to make you "viable" sorry its just not true.. I know where to grind, have been playing 2-3hrs a day for a month and I'm not even a viable destro.. let alone a viable mage. When 3 guys roll up on you with WOF's and

not really you need everything to be a good mage which is why i'm going destro.. I'm "viable" but there's a big difference in "viable" and what the no lifers are.. Surging R90's WOF etc.. I can't even farm sand in peace anymore.. ganked 4x's last night less then 10 yards from a tower.. I can assure you unless this stops there won't be a game left.. not enough for anyone but a few try hards to care about..

we rode around yssam for hours last night.. dead as fuck.

7. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

No one has surging R90s, even if they did that means literally nothing. Thanks for proving you don't have a clue.

8. Mexi Horseman

75STR and basically 50 in all other stats.. and like 40 INT.

This gives me about 380HP and 320 Stam.. w/ destro I have like 230 Mana..

My 2h Sword Mastery is 53 and my Sharpshooter is 53 and my sacrifice is 75.. my transfers are also 75.

I have 0 elemental magics.

However I used all my med points and now don't have time to grind for more.. I can't keep up with the gold costs and none of my clan ever seems to want to do daily's when I ask. So now I'm not even getting meditation gains. This is one area this problem could be rectified.. it should be offline skill gains w/o any costs.. giving the "casuals" a boost up against the no lifers..

This is where you guys get it so wrong.. you act like we want to make the game a FPS shooter when we're just asking for mechanics to various features to be adjusted to give the casuals a leg up somewhere. As it stands Meditation does nothing more than give no lifers a bigger advantage because they have no problems keeping up with the gold/meditation grind.. I struggle to keep 10k in the bank between meditation and scribbing a little each day to make my char a little better.

I honestly think this entire problem can be solved by a few simple changes.. increase the gains on sharpshooter, and 2h masteries, change meditation to work offline only w/o a gold cost, and maybe reduce the cost of elemental scribbing.. it's WAY to expensive.

You fucks make it sound like i'm asking you to give up your first born son though.

Zeiken likes this.
  9. Burning

Burning Goblin Shaman
    Legend

Wut. There was a siege on yssam last night, it was anything but dead.

10. Mexi Horseman

must have been why..

11. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

congrats ur viable.

Btw gsword was the last thing i grinded (because im not a nub).

sharpshooter is piss easy to grind goes up faster than every other archery upgrade, so no idea what you're complaining about there.

How about you stop grinding gsword/archery (unless you're a destro, in which case, CONGRATS, YOU'RE VIABLE.) and start grinding the things that most people are complaining about, the magics (which are also piss easy).

Meditation to work only offline: LOLOLOLOLOL that you think this will help, meditation is the slowest way to level fyi.

It costs 6k a day to keep up with meditation. you cant make 6k a day? your clan seems like ass if they dont wanna do dailies.

Me and a friend killed 2 dark dragons in under 3 minutes. (not this video) That is a guaranteed 8k + drops.

Once again bro: GET FUCKING GOOD.

12. Mexi Horseman

geezus could you be anymore of a douche bag.. Ego much? Instead of berating people you deem clueless, why not educate and lift up the community instead of always trying to tear it down..

Ego, ego
    Skippin', trippin' in my mind
    Ego, ego
    Ego, ego
    Trippin', trippin', trippin', trippin', trippin'
    Ego
    Ego
    I got one, you got one, and now we equal
    Sometimes it makes you trip out on your people
    Sometimes it has connotations of evil
    Sometimes call on it when they need to
    It's called the ego
    Ay, it's hard to really make the subject positively stated
    Some may hate it and some may overrate it
    It's a top story and you rarely see a trend
    So all you psychoanalysts, pull out your pad and pen, it's called the ego
    Come up with an idea, and no one seems to get it
    Then every time you mention it, they stare like you're two-headed
    But one day in your cubicle your idea really comes to view
    Your boss is walking by, he sees it too and he takes it from you
    She put you on the aces of all the stripper places
    And has the kinda clientele where trick off very well
    You beg her and you plead her and you tuck away your ego
    She knows you need the chicken and she knows that she's your people
    They call you fat and lazy, your commentary crazy
    They photoshop your face on a box of McCormick gravy
    And now that inner voice, the ego, making you get wavy
    Change your diet, hit the gym and say "What were you saying to me?"
    The ego makes you do it, it makes you face the music
    Or run away from life so fast that you'll outsprint Carl Lewis
    It has you think your deceptive ways of being are the truest
    Had the prettiest brown eyes but you change them shits to the bluest
    It's the ego
    Ooh, Jack White
    Ooh, Jack White
    A celebrated genius, my dick game's the meanest
    I'll take the girl that's augmented, new me is invented
    I'll take the biggest house in Calabases
    Anyone for Michael Phelps swimming classes?
    You need it when you're balling, equally when you're falling
    Or when those kids in school on your locker they get to scrawling
    Epithets that's racist and stupid and mean in nature
    Something that can make you feel stronger when people hate ya
    Ego make you violent, or govern like a tyrant
    Or switch ya dictionary's word from vibrant to vivrant
    Fool the thirsty people, selling tap water in bottles
    Fool a girl with NYU scholarship and now she models
    Ego has no ending, has people pretending
    Religious zealots get perilous 'cause God's will they're defending
    This is the last Tribe and our ego hopes that you felt us
    And closing for our ego, we know only God can help us
    Ego, ego
    Ego, ego
    Ego, ego
    Ego, ego
    Ego, ego
    Ego, ego
    Ego, ego
    Ego, ego

13. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Like the video i just linked up there?

For someone who claims to have a life and do lots of work, you seem pretty lazy bro. The information is there, GO SEARCHING.

Anyone who PMs me in game and asks for help gets it. Ask LoD, A bunch of their new players would PM me ask what they needed and I'd help them, because these views of me you have, are delusions. You are the one with the ego, who is too scared to properly ask for help, I'm just sitting here laughing.

#33 Sero, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    PandahSykes likes this.
  14. Mexi Horseman

you sound ignorant as fuck.. this is the one thing in life you're decent at and it shows.
    --- Post updated ---
    don't worry Sero, i'll see my why out.. you've shown me i have no place here, games not for me, etc.. exactly what you wanted it.. in 2 months when there's no one left cause people like you are a complete asshole to anyone not deemed, "GUD ENOUGH FOR MY LEET EGO"...

15. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Losing an argument 101:

When you start to lose, ignore their counter argument and attack their personality, This way you feel better about yourself and start to derail the argument!
    --- Post updated ---
    cya.

PandahSykes and Pimptight like this.
  16. Swing

Swing Infernal
    Legend

I shall win this hypothetical tourney.

Ez

Sero likes this.
  17. Navlaan

Navlaan Infernal

Don't worry everyone will cry for a third time when the darkfall population hits 200 active next month.

Dixie Normus and Zeiken like this.
  18. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Naw, we just wanted some pop to feed off to get our banks full for when all thats left is the actual good players around to fight.

If the game stays as is but keeps adding content: 2k Shitters such as mexi find things to complain about no matter what until the game dies, in which case, Darkfall has failed.

If they listen to the casuals we get another unholy wars which is a str8 up abomination and in which case: Darkfall has failed.

This game will always be niche, as long as it retains 2kish actives, it is a success.

Unless BPG pulls something out of their asses (which they seem to do alot) and gives us all something that makes us drool.

#38 Sero, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    PandahSykes likes this.
  19. Navlaan

Navlaan Infernal

I don't have the answer to keep the game alive... I wish I did, but I like DFO more than UW but UW was still better than other games on the market lol. Just sad.

I want to stick around even though I'm bad so I can try and get good, but the main thing is I can stop myself from quitting but not my friends and people I play with... games fun but less fun alone.

Sero likes this.
  20. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Ik, but like I said man, game is Niche, not for everyone unfortunately :(