Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Let's put this to rest once and for all.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WyLd_SyDe, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Teclis

Teclis Undead Dwarf
    Supporter

there are guys that are literally maxed in a week casting spells on man scorpion in the newbie areas.

Where to go = trolls

What to do = cast bolt on trolls

How to do it = equipt staff and regs

Tough game is tough.

Grimtide, Fengor, Sero and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sacrillegious

Sacrillegious Fire Elemental
    Loyal Hero

Seems like another confused mad

Sero likes this.
  3. Teclis

Teclis Undead Dwarf
    Supporter

Oh and btw you bads, when UW went down I decided to try counterstrike out and see how good I could get, it still took me like a year before I felt like I was half decent compared to vets and thats only a few maps..even then I am horseshit compared to pros/vets? do i complain the game is too hard?

All games take tenacity and a will to learn + get better not just darkfall.

Sero likes this.
  4. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

1) Get a better guild, or find some friends to do dungeons with.

2) More tasks are being added, so more easymode medpoints are coming.

3) Again see my post above, the majority is player skill not some invisible barrier here.

4) Sharpshooter and 2h masteries are gained through books when ranking up WW/Power attack/Knockback. Doing a straight book for mastery would be far too much. Look at intensifies from magic.

The game doesn't start and end with elemental magics, destroyers are still played in groups.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Sero likes this.
  5. brahji

brahji Black Knight
    Legend

You can solo as a destro too, it just takes a specific skillset.

Fengor and Oresmacker like this.
  6. Colossus

Colossus New Member
    Supporter

For a point of reference, what do people mean by having a viable character because it is different if you are talking 1v1 compared to small scale pvp compared to sieges. I was at the Unelak siege last night, no r90s, no weapon mastery, but I still felt like I accounted myself well by constantly healing and buffing my clan mates as well as sneaking in the occasional rez or gank.

If you are talking about being viable for 1v1 pvp, then guess what, you could have a fully maxed toon and if you fight a half maxed skilled player, you are still going to lose. If you are out of meditation points but your clan doesn't want to do dungeons or group pve more profitable mobs, sounds like you need to find a better clan.

#46 Colossus, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Grimtide, Teclis and Sero like this.
  7. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

shhhh, you're spilling all the secrets us vets have kept for generations! generations i tell you!

8. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

Being argumentative and confrontational when multiple people point out the same glaring issues with the game is a great way to address said problems.

It's like putting your head in the sand except louder.

Dixie Normus, Zeiken and Kurise LXV like this.
  9. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

there is no glaring issue.

10. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

The neat thing about facts is they are true whether you believe them or not.

But don't worry guys Sero says everything is perfect.

ashsun, Dixie Normus, Zeiken and 2 others like this.
  11. sky

sky Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor

there really is no reason to complain about the grind.

I started off as a destro, and from release (excluding the first day because no mobs), i was basically done with the destro grind with 50 gs mastery and 75+ sharpshooter/veteran archer/spirited archer.

Now i have the time to put in to play this, that was about 12 hours per day i spent grinding, but thats not a long time at all over the course of a few weeks if you are a casual player. Especially when you consider most of the time i put in was running around, experiencing pvp, dueling again, and just having fun as i did not play DFO, nor the beta, and i had no idea what was an even remotely good mob to grind on half the time.

I know for a fact that i did my Sharpshooter grind in one sitting from 50 or so archery, and it didn't take more than 8 hours.

I also just recently switched to mage and i got 90 fire magic in one sitting too. (which again, for a casual player could be done over the course of a week if you are efficient with your time and somewhat goal oriented).

Out of all of this too, greatsword mastery to 50 probably took the longest.

I think the key here is learning what to grind on, and this is something that will come easier to people who have some form of creativity and critical thinking ability before all of the knowledge about what to grind on/what drops what gets more public.

tl;dr i agree with sero nys, shut up about the grind. pay attention to what drops what and document it mentally so you can tell others.

p.s. the UW grind was worse, fuck dune shapers. I think the only reason that wasnt complained about because it had held the hands of the same people complaining here.

Edit:
    My tips to people grinding:

Find a mob, find its weaknesses. Kill mob, calculate if you make a profit using whatever you wish to grind by killing it. If no, move on.

This also means most mobs you will make a profit on if you archer down, or melee down, especially bigger mobs in a group of two or three. In some cases you will need to group up and just go for raw gold, especially if you have a bad case of getting jumped that day or whatever.

#51 sky, Jun 2, 2017
    Fengor and Sero like this.
  12. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

You're damn right.

Fact: This game is e z.
    Fact: People are stupid/lazy.

Get gud.

sky likes this.
  13. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

Whatever you need to tell yourself, buddy. I'm sure that's how you'll try to justify it right up until RoA dies, all the while blaming the players and not the product.

ashsun, Zeiken and Kurise LXV like this.
  14. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

You know it.

Don't let the door hit you on the way back to WoW. Just remember, while the Video Game industry turns into garbage, you helped it.

15. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

Oh, you have me mistaken. I have a six month sub and played DFO from day 1 eu til it's last. My char is pretty much maxed.

However I play with primarily new players, and have introduced new players to this game. I'm also not a Neanderthal and I have a pretty good memory, so it's pretty easy for me to see the game (and its flaws) from a perspective other than my own. A skill which most poopsocks seem to lack.

#55 Check Mate, Jun 2, 2017
  16. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Since you haven't yet stated what you find to be the games flaws, care to enlighten the rest of the class?

17. Bandido

Bandido Skeleton Archer

You no lifers can act like shit all you want, Truth of the matter people have been quitting this game. Reading the forums i can see why.

You asses do not want competition, you want to swing your no life sword of might against others toothpicks then yell git gud. No one claimed newer chars have a chance against vets with even character skills, But you vets are so scared of your own player skills you do not want them to be able to fight back at all.

Even Nelik said the game gets fun after skilling

Neilk-Today at 6:39 AM

Darkfall is not about maxing out, that's when the fun starts for most people

Some people on forums explain the issue very well but as darkfall is toxic, these shitheads that need this positive reinforcement in life because that's all they have will shit on anything to keep new players.

ashsun, Dixie Normus, Zeiken and 2 others like this.
  18. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

19. sky

sky Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor

I doubt people are quitting the game because the grind is hard, i have played games that make this game look infinitely easier, almost carebear in comparison. (even some that apparently dwarf the grind of the original).

Theyre all ok, niche games.

I think theyre quitting because they have no idea what to farm, and why. As i said in an earlier post, i don't remember many people complaining about grinding in UW, but UW also literally held your hand every step of the way.

I also hold the opinion that new player retention once other players are done with their grind is lower than it is at the start, because, at the start everyone is grinding and people are less concerned with pvp, but as people get more rounded out characters they tend to jump these new players while they are just getting there. This, obviously, makes the grind difficult and more tedious, and sometimes infinitely more expensive.

Fengor and Sero like this.
  20. tommeh

tommeh Dire Zombie
    Contributor Hero

Goblin spawn by lainstone is great for powerleveling. Tons of goblins and super quick respawn. Done 2h and archery there real quick. Usually few blues there too. Just dont go when the village is active.

Sero likes this.