Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Let's put this to rest once and for all.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WyLd_SyDe, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Grisvok

Grisvok Skeleton Archer

Cant you do this already though?

2. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

Disregarding the first 4 days that I nolifed, I grinded my destro about 1-4 hours a day and it was more than viable after a week and a half.

The grind is basically nothing. Most MMOs are about the same or longer unless it basically gives you a maxed character instantly.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

And this is the double edge sword of MMO. They are best enjoyed with people. Running as solo, or as a very small group (2-4 people) it becomes very difficult.

Darkfall is a very much a team game, and I don't know if it suits the playstyle of everybody.

I am just trying to show the double edged sword, if you get instant access to pvp, why go roaming for it? I can just click a button wait in a town and get thrown in.

I do see where you are going, the problem is, the drawbacks cuts a bit too deep.

4. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

See people keep saying this, cept they're wrong.

If people are constantly losing bags to Arena, they need to go to out into open world to get new ones, sooo....

Gear breaks, you lose it when you lose, maybe a gold entry fee? Lots of options.

Also: a 1v1 arena still leaves group PVP/city raiding out in the open.

Adding a new aspect to the game doesnt mean the rest of the game ceases to exist, also creates an outlet for those vets that constantly kill noobies to get some quick PVP.

5. magicaxebow

magicaxebow Goblin Scout

So about that tournament...... im interested.

6. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

This thread is cancer, holy stupid.

Fengor, magicaxebow and Sero like this.
  7. kompletist

kompletist Goblin Warrior
    Tester

Not sure we're on the same page here man. I'm trying to make the case for competitive instanced pvp (didn't AV sell us on the term Arena at one point? either way puts a bad taste in my mouth).

Your last point makes the case for it and I agree. Letting the no lifers unleash their inner beast against one another in some form of competitive pvp would in theory pull them away from the easy/medium camps where new players are trying to figure out the splash radius on mana missle.

8. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

I think the problem is the character curve isn't really front loaded well thanks to mastery and intensifies, not to mention the huge jump of damage using a keened R50. Like I was dueling some newish players last night and both in magic and melee I was hitting more than twice the damage, meaning they'd have to land more than double the hits on me.

Saying there isn't a big difference just shows how different of a gaming experience you have being in a clan of all talented vets who can lock the best spawns down and get ahead of the majority of the server.

Bandido likes this.
  9. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I haven't even worn enchanted gear or jewelry yet, best i've worn is unenchanted r50, plain blackbolt and a bone set. Haven't really looted much enchanted gear other than a couple stam efficiency chests.

10. Aristos Giannes

Hero

Cool story bro, i've seen Q4 keened R60's already

11. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Damn where those guys at? :D

12. Bandido

Bandido Skeleton Archer

In starter zones killing newbies

13. Aristos Giannes

Hero

I'm actually surprised I havn't seen you guys much at these spawns, they're super hot. I'm probably hitting them way later than you guys are though with my late playtime

14. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I have shit luck on varangian warthanes, haven't gotten anything but a greatclub or r40 greatsword. (assuming thats what ur talkin about)

15. Aristos Giannes

Hero

Nah I mean crafted R60, granted I havn't seen one since

16. merkmerk73

merkmerk73 Earth Elemental

Is this where we segue into a discussion about how stupid it is that mages can wear basically nothing and shit on people but you gotta wear 20k in gear to be a decent destro?

17. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Don't be offended because I mean this in the nicest way but........

People who don't understand the game really shouldn't talk about balance. I think selentine golems should give more rares so fullplate is viable but you really don't understand how much it costs to grind magic. If I never grinded magic I could of bought 20 fullplate sets and 20 r50s with the gold I burned on leveling my schools and spells.

18. Myspace

Myspace Skeleton Archer

There is a player in my guild who had been getting ganked somewhat frequently and felt like they couldn't ever farm and weren't any good at PvP. They have 80 fire magic, 70 witchcraft, archery & 2h mastery, and 80k in the bank from farming.

He says he can't pvp until he has all his skills at 75. I told him what I've been doing and he said "But you're a vet, so I still gotta get good". I've never played Darkfall before.

Meanwhile I'm -256 now (going from +200 to 0 completely by accident defending myself or friends which is another story) and I find 70% of my fights when I'm actually looking for one are people who obviously have never PvP'd or assume they are going to die when I engage (even if they see me first).

I think who you play with and how willing you are to just go out and try things is 90% of the experience in this game. People are so afraid to lose items they never gain the experience.

19. merkmerk73

merkmerk73 Earth Elemental

"Yeah, those dumb noobs should go play wow insetead" - said no successful mmo developers ever
    You can't loot someone's magic skill

It really doesn't matter how much it cost to grind up magic. It just doesn't. If you think it does you don't understand balance in any way.

At the end of the day you're raping people wearing shitty gear bags and risking some bone and an R40 and some regs.

There's a problem there whether you want to admit it or not.

20. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

You don't understand how expensive a mage bag gets when enchanted gear starts coming into play or how much damage heavy armor mitigates from magic. I'm killing people in crappy gear because I have a lot more experience than them, not because of a game balance issue.

I guess i'm going to have to make another 140 ping destro video in plate/scale before you guys stop crying about magic being overpowered.