Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Let's talk about the balance between GS, GA, GC and PA

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Nat, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Ginger Magician

Ginger Magician Wildtribe Mage

Well I'm sorry heldana I thought you were smarter than that.Maybe Krankone was right about you.

Ch4r4x and Marvin like this.
  2. Marvin

Marvin Crypt Guard

I remember Ginger applied for both Zagenda & SUN.

both comical applications

i guess over the years he's built up a delusion of denial to cope with the rejection.

take it easy on him heldana!

3. Heldana

Heldana Windlord
    Legend

Well, i wont talk about any Details, since applications get treated nice and secret. But he was serious.
    And i will just ignore his trolling attempts :p

4. Avenging Martyr

Avenging Martyr Celestial
    Legend

Okay so I'm gonna +1 this.

Do weapons need to be looked at? Sure.

Personally I don't want knockback removed off polearms. Increase GA/GC speed to just slightly lower than where GS is at. Don't lower GS speed to match.

If the numbers Mcdoogs posted are correct

I say increase the reach of GC/GA to 2.4 instead of the 2.35 it is at and you don't even need to change any speeds in my opinion. PoleArms and Greatswords are at 2.5 reach. I think GS reach should be lowered to 2.45 right between where I want the GC/GA to abit less than polearm reach.

GS should not be as far reaching as a polearm IMO. That seems really off to me.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Bartlebe and Sero like this.
  5. Etheom

Etheom Goblin Warrior

GS hit reach & craft cost = OP but I like it? Don't nerf GS, buff other weapons.

murk likes this.
  6. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Assuming those numbers are correct, I can get behind this.

7. Beradule

Beradule Goblin Warrior
    Hero

I liked the knockback aspect of Polearm. I felt it was a 2handed defensive weapon. Also there were a few players who used that with the side step perk over the double jump to decent success.

8. bmurph101

bmurph101 Deadeye
    Hero

Add ultra greatswords.

Make all other weapons obsolete.

Inkarnation likes this.
  9. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

gs looked better so it should be dominant.

10. Nirazu

Nirazu Deadeye
    Hero

I would be down for buffing the other weapons in order to bring them up to the level of Greatswords. I would be wary about changing too many factors (speed, damage, range, arc) at a time though.

Bartlebe likes this.
  11. MtH-HrT

MtH-HrT Goblin Warrior

I remember that was praxis to see people use the GS for speed, alternating with the PA for the whirlwind and stikyback, and GA for the debuf of the power attack.
    If it were allowed to change race with a click, I am sure that these players would create macros to instantly change race and weapon simultaneously....human/elf+GS for normal swings, Mahirim+PA for whirlwind and stikyback, Ork+GA for the power attack debuff combined with racial bonus for damage of the orks.
    All this is interesting? certainly, but mainly just for the category of players who monopolized Darkfall over time. The other mass of players who are used with games that don't have full-loot and an action combat sistem like DF (99.99% of the mass) are accustomed to make choices.

The problem is the inability of the game to put players in the position of having to make choices based on what they feel to be.
    As for crafting, you must give the opportunity to the player to choose one mastery for two-handed weapons and one for one-handed weapons.
    In this way, the mentality of the player changes. One makes the choice based on preference for the taste of their own weapon, without thinking about the weapon damage or the weapon advantages, and instead of having to go mad in the macro switching between different weapons, the player will be more led to adapt its movements and its combat strategy based on the individual qualities of the weapon that he has chosen.