Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Let's talk gold sinks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimtide, Mar 29, 2019.

1. joanouse

joanouse New Member

Being poor is currently due to being less than a week old, both df1 and uh I had tons of bank and gold.

How ever I remember d3 when they just changed the repair cost and I quit a day later and would hate for a similar thing to happen here.

2. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Wildtribe Mage

Well if you have tons of bank and gold then it wouldn't hurt you to not loot something once in a while because it broke ;) In fact it would improve the economy.

3. joanouse

joanouse New Member

Well this time when I build my bank up I'll make sure I don't loot things, that way the economy can flourish.

4. ThiefGarrett

"because it broke" meaning gear breaking on death would be good for the economy.

5. joanouse

joanouse New Member

Kind of sounds like people will run around in robes again.

6. ThiefGarrett

Why would that be? If you die you lost your shit anyway. The chance of a few pieces breaking wont change anything for you anyway.

7. joanouse

joanouse New Member

If gear breaks faster then it becomes more valuable and then people will just bank sit and gank in trash gear.

Is the game better with city raids and great gear or zergs hitting people at spawns?

8. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

That wouldn't keep me logging in. Holding upkeep seems like mega-rich, clan leader responsibility and would be more of a hassle rather than a decent gold sink like portal shards and 6gp Ash were.
    Then again, can't expect any solution requiring any sort of revert, we've already gotten too much regarding portal Chambers in cities we're super lucky they brought those back. Can't expect any real changes, we're lucky to get dyes after they claimed it was not possible. Gold sink ideas are vanity, they're about to introduce overly priced gear requiring new mats which will be overpaid for initially, and overly sought after for the best robes. Basically black cotton will be your gold sink as the new gear will require gold to craft and buying cloth trade hands to the richest of players as they keep getting richer... Vanity post

Inkarnation and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  9. Janosh

Janosh Windlord
    Legend

Random guild missions going from Normal > hard > very hard > boss that could reward guild points that you to maintain your holding. You could also give some sort of reward for the people who completes it in the guild.

Basicly how Black desert online does it.

I guess you could add a gold option for the lazy fucks? But they would have to farm at some point!

Inkarnation, Blaze, Grimtide and 3 others like this.
  10. KoKane

KoKane Infernal

It wont directly affect value, and if people are sitting on piles of it, they wont see it as valuable for trading.

And the scenario you describe stops being the case when one guild start pushing their advantage by actually using it.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  11. ThiefGarrett

The idea isn't that gear breaks faster, just more often. If that makes sense. If you don't die in it then nothing changes. Which is the more likely case for most PVE runs. Having the potential to break on death makes it so gear changes hands less often.

And it has nothing to do with ganking in trash gear at all I'm not sure where you're getting that idea. If you are attacking someone else and you die, you're going to lose your gear anyway. So this doesn't change that at all. If you attack someone else and you win you don't lose your gear and since you didn't die your gear doesn't take that chance of breaking.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  12. Blaze

Blaze Chosen of Khamset

Not true if you die, you still have a chance to get your gear back if your allies win the fight, idk I feel like staffs/bow break fast, metal armour/weapons dont break fast (when pvping)

13. ThiefGarrett

Equipment is the main gold sink in the game and yet it only negatively affects those that lose a fight.

If you were to lower durability or increase the durability loss on metal and melee weapons to match that of bows and staffs it would affect the poorer and less skilled players the most I fear.

Increase durability or lower loss on staffs/bows to match melee/metal and someone can PVE in that set longer, increasing their income per durability then if you die you break some shit you get fewer recycled pieces of gear so more people have to farm/buy gear than just collect it from others.

14. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

The greatest gold sink that'd be both fun and effective... poker. Fucking poker.

15. ticytictoc

ticytictoc Goblin Shaman

The conversation is a little ludicrous. Some people are talking about "gold sinks" and some people are talking about adding "work" to the game.

Inkarnation and WithoutShame like this.
  16. ThiefGarrett

Well you can't spend gold you don't work too get, so.... Yeah?

17. ticytictoc

ticytictoc Goblin Shaman

Video games weren't made for work, they were made for murder.

Inkarnation likes this.
  18. ThiefGarrett

Mario Bros is always available when you want a toy.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  19. ticytictoc

ticytictoc Goblin Shaman

Bro, I wouldn't call mario bros a toy.

20. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

Yeah dude stop wanting a fun game, this has to feel like a 2nd job, just like dnd, that worked out great for them! Noone wants actual fun content, keep quiet kid @ticytictoc

MaxiHori likes this.