Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Let's talk gold sinks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimtide, Mar 29, 2019.

1. ticytictoc

ticytictoc Goblin Shaman

Those are clever ideas, you should probably keep your head out of that.
    --- Post updated ---
    What are you suggesting, they add a murder button to win the game?

2. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Wildtribe Mage

Call back tomorrow, after your hangover subsides.

3. ticytictoc

ticytictoc Goblin Shaman

Ok, but I'll say the same thing. Nobody wants econ in a MMO.

4. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Wildtribe Mage

"nobody" in a thread of people talking about it. upload_2019-5-3_18-34-19.gif

Battle Smurf likes this.
  5. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

You have the mind of a child. There are plenty of games (the vast majority in fact) that cater to your sensibilities.

Darkfall. Is. Not. One. Of. Them.

Almost nothing is more important in a sandbox PvP MMO than a proper player driven economy.

Without that and PROPER risk vs reward (which RoA does NOT quite have) the meaningfulness behind the PvP vanishes.

That's why EvE has done so well for 16 years and has literally had less inflation than most REAL WORLD currencies.

Shit actually matters in EvE, especially fights (both PvP AND PvE), player politics, and their version of territory control

The stakes can be SO much higher there than in RoA which makes things far more exciting and fulfilling.

If only Darkfall kept its combat, but took notes from EvE in most other areas, it would be the best PvP MMO of all time.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    otoan likes this.
  6. ticytictoc

ticytictoc Goblin Shaman

I didn't say economy I said econ.

7. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

I see a lot of people saying that this dura loss on gank or current % crap is going to work, and hell it might. But I don’t remember one person in UW that wouldn’t gank their own gear down just to troll. I think that is a very lazy way of approaching a sink for this type of game.

People in darkfall are lazy, and most are scared to death to fight straight up anyways. So if you take away the loot, in a game that rewards you for killing your opponent, I promise you people will start bank staring more- wait you said people will farm more? FYI for those who don’t know. PVE IN DARKFALL SUCKS.
    No one likes farming, the AI is trash, and most mobs have literally no type of mechanics, it’s tank and spank for the most part. Farming gear isn’t hard, it’s just how much of the shit you can take before considering swinging from a tree.

You want a gold sink? Cosmetics, even basic ones. Make some droppable off mobs too, give us fun stuff to hunt for. Make a decent looking 1/h sword skin for 40k off merchants in the main capitols for example. Simple stuff.
    Imo mounts should be sold on merchants, or a new type of merchant at a new stable feature. Give us basic options for some decent ones and put bad ass ones on the store.
    Make clan tabards, banners, statues, that represent our faction or clan. Make them expensive in game for gold and throw some better looking ones on the nithron store. Make an option to unlock certain holding that we can swap what racial structures we want- 150k per city 50k per hamlet, if you lose the city it goes back to normal and the new clan can decide what they want, for the right price.

@BPG one thing you could do for starters is improve drastically on AI. Make mobs harder.. HARDER as in not TTK wise. Give the big dungeons Bosses and some actual mechanices.

And not all high end mobs need to drop only mats, y’all need to be throwing in more cosmetics. Look- I know y’all want to keep cosmetics on the shop cause y’all are pushing for FTP and I get that, but you wouldn’t believe the nerds that will farm countless of hours to get cosmetic drops.

The best of the best skins, recipes, or W/E y’all are going to end up implementing needs to be in the hardest mobs, not the shop- at a very low chance to drop that is. That alone will create major hot spots, and that’s coming from someone with some deep pockets.

For a small fix just for now- put portal shards and mounts on vendors, that and the market should keep it tuned down a notch.

I rambled a lot, but I could literally go on and on about gold sinks that doesn’t have to decrease our incentive to do the only real thing this game has going for is- PvP.

Inkarnation likes this.
  8. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

@Oresmacker

I don't see how we are trying take away looting in pvp when a 5 dura r70 weapon can still last for a whole siege. Ppl can troll, but i bet i can still loot a ''troll'' item and use it for a whole pvp event. I think high dura are just good for dueling, pve and for tanking towers. There's ppl who no longer have to work for bags and still show up in robes to scroach for some full dragons. We are tired of that and we don't like it when they get fully rewarded for downing a player who was trying to lick his wounds after a push. it's not even hard, i've done it. Stealing infernal bags and warhulks while the 2 main forces are fighting.

You say farming gear is not hard, but i still see ppl with raw cobra's and helms during sieges. If ppl is still not making 80k, 100k, 150k+ per hour, they are doing something wrong. That's clearly not easy for everyone even if is. I gather 100k-150k. I recall only to see that i have 8k left. There's so much stuff to purchase on the market. Clearly, we don't need more gold sink, but we do need item sink.

No one likes farming. that's exactly the reason we not making 800k per day. If darkfall pve was like wow, i would be farming for 4 to 8 hours a day.

We need gear sink because everytime we lose a siege, our enemies come back the next day against us with our bags(infernal destroyers vs FP mages). Ppl who band with the best are the ones asking for more gold sink like grimtide when i'm already at 8k gold left: i had to craft 10 cobra staves which is the only staff.

And i don't think the majority wants to buy mounts and p-shards because that will result in more bank-staring(which is what ppl have been complaining about when p-shards used to cost 1k each).

#148 Scrapnotcrap, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
  9. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I'm asking for tiny gold sinks, not ones that will effect the average player by a lot. I have 800k gold, I don't farm, there are many people richer than I am, and most of the time I am not pvping with the "best" players, so get that notion out of your head, lol.

10. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

High cost skins on a vendor. High cost r80 mats on a vendor.

Oresmacker likes this.
  11. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

They said they adding in dyes right make it so dyes are significance gold cost just saying :) people like to look cool in temperance they will spend the gold

12. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

NOT tem durability loss on gank...

But rather item DESTRUCTION on gank like EVERY OTHER sandbox MMO with looting in PvP (EvE Albion ecg)

Start with say a 20% chance an item is fully destroyed

Also low durability gear should absolutely NOT be as effective as high durability gear

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  13. Oresmacker

Supporter

and you think that pairs well with a spell that makes players float in a FPS game where movement is so critical? Also, I agree eye rot needs a touch up.

14. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

I think the two things are entirely unrelated.

Also I never had a problem dealing with WoF, even when it was stronger with a lower cool down and stat cost.

15. Oresmacker

Supporter

I didn’t either when there was battle spike hopping. My point being that if mages need a buff, bark up another tree beside the WoF one because there is other ways to get mages back on track. I personally think having the ability to cast a AoE that makes players float in one spot is a unhealthy way of looking at it in a FPS game. hindering movement so harshly as WoF does is just too Zerg friendly and with the nerf to back damage, buff other magnitude and duration nerfed it makes it really hard to fight outnumbered.

Billy Lee likes this.
  16. otoan

otoan Crypt Guard
    Loyal

I posted about gold sinks a long time ago. I'd much rather have long term decay over time rather than % loss on death. It forces people to use it or lose it.

Also I feel like they could have done a lot with houses when it comes to end game personal goals. But it'd probably have to be changed from the ground up.

17. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

The main problem we came up with for decay over time was people taking a break and coming back to broken or useless items. Perhaps if the decay was different then standard durability and could be repaired? Maybe a decayed item lost durability faster than a non decayed item, like smashing a rusty sword vs a new one. Then perhaps you could have a limited number of repairs and costs depending on the item. Not sure, just some thoughts.
    --- Post updated ---
    I would probably have the repair be chance based with a possibility of breaking it.

18. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Maybe only start the decay over time process once an Item loses 1 durability.

So freshly crafted never used items never decay.

I'm still partial to chance on gank for an item to be destroyed or trashed like EvE and Albion.

Regardless you guys are going to have to pick SOMETHING for an item sink, it should of been in at launch really.

Between certain item faucets (removal of linked spawns, lowering of mob timers, spawn scaling, village rewards, ect), lack of gear sinks, and the ability to combine enchanting mats of lower tiers into higher ones, the "average" or "competitive" gear bag has inflated to way too high rank /quality right now.

In DF 1 we didn't see anyone using infernal in small scale/ solo for practically the entire first year of the game. And when you saw someone do it it was a "holy shit" moment.

Item faucets were much lower then especially until Claus did the loot table revamp.Original Devil loot was 2,000 gold per and Leenspar golem only dropped 1 ore per kill/skin.

I know people in RoA complained about linked spawns, and mob timers, but they served a purpose.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  19. Asylum

Asylum Goblin Warlord

I Have to agree i would very much love this would give me a chance to get bags like everyone else does
    --- Post updated ---
    I Just want them to wipe the game please guys full wipe i dont give to craps anymore just keep the binds

20. otoan

otoan Crypt Guard
    Loyal

I came up with a whole system based around it. The higher the quality the more time it takes to decay. Broken items don't disappear so if they come back they can always get their shit repaired and work from there. Repairing allows you to repair the durability at the cost of max durability. High end items that allow you to restore max durability. You can read this thread. I outlined my idea throughout it. My idea would be that this would only be on weapons and armor not material and gold so they'd always be able to come back and not be completely useless. This would also mean people liquidated the gear more.

You already shot it down but you can read it here. https://forums.riseofagon.com/threads/otoans-suggestions.13265/ I do go into more depth in replies of my idea so please read through the whole post.