Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

loot, enchanting and city resources shuffle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mortimer, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Mortimer

Mortimer Deadeye

Is it possible for one person either Andrew or the person we can contact in case there would be hints of corruption around to singlehandedly shuffle around loot of mobs ( basing on their toughness obviously, I dont want goblin shamans dropping leinspar ingots ), enchanting recipes, skins and resource providing buildings ( mine, grove, farm, quarry ) when relaunching? And by that I mean at the very end of beta.

Discovering the world, not knowing what mobs dropped what and what was worth your time was important knowledge. Same way enchanting recipes were guarded and city layouts are. If things are relaunched as is the feeling of freshness will be there just for people who never played dfo. Not only that but vets will have a huge knowledge advantage over noobs.

Any chance of this happening?

2. Johnjon

Johnjon Skeleton Archer
    Affluent

Eh, don't fix what isn't broken. Bigger fish to fry imo.

Erock, Kalos and Fengor like this.
  3. Mortimer

Mortimer Deadeye

Okay so no one really cares about a level start for all. Lets just powergame ourselves up using our knowledge and then stomp newbies all around and pew pew at one another. Also dont forget to trashtalk in chat and make 1337 videos of the act.

Proceed to delete the topic, I tried.

4. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

Jesus.....

Before you go slash your wrists let me say a few things.

#1 - The mobs and location of mobs was actually pretty well balanced out in DFO. This includes city/hamlet locations and their various +/-'s. Messing with that could be a bad thing.

#2 - Almost everyone starting this game when it launches will know exactly what the hell they are doing. So, your point is moot. I sincerely doubt there will be any clan of complete newbs that didn't play in the beta at least.

#3 - As the guy above stated, there are PLENTY of things that need to be worked on before this....like a lot.

#4 - Perhaps the most important point. If we followed your little whim of a plan before you jumped off that bridge, and implemented your poorly thought out idea that you came up with while masturbating to Bruno Mars music, it would not work. Why?

Because everyone that WOULD powergame their way to dominance would learn where the good mobs are/locations within like, three hours and powergame anyways.

Your idea would FUCK over the casual veterans.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    MisterTea, DeadlyHit and Fengor like this.
  5. Mortimer

Mortimer Deadeye

Step down on the hate little guy or I'll bash your teeth in for a week when the game comes out.

Its all fine and dandy when we point out hackers, entire exploiting communities and brand them bad.

But show the community a mirror and your post is exactly what you will see. Cut my wrists? Being suicidal? I helped people out of that but never thought of it myself. Its ironic that all of you can walk away when talking about actual problems of the future relaunch. The fact that new guilds, new players will never even have a chance because all the valuable holdings, all the valuable spawns will be insta taken/camped and most likely by people with mob dropped transmuted r40 bows and 2h swords. And yes they will know exactly where to go for those, we do have the knowledge after all.

One thing I learned about this game - you can count on the fingers of your hands how many people actually care about its success and how many just want to have peope to kill again and feel the adrenaline again.

How about you think outside of the box for a moment.

6. Kalos

Kalos Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Where are these newbies you speak of?

7. dragula

dragula Gravelord
    Legend

Not to mention, with respect to #2, even if there were clans of complete newbs who didn't play DF1 who decided to jump into RoA chances are they will have access to the intewebz, considering it is a requirement to play the game in the first place. By release I can almost guarantee a simple Google search will find you all the mob locations and loot table info you need. The internet...the great equalizer.

Having said all that, I wouldn't mind if they shuffled things around in theory. However, it would have to be done correctly and with thought given to geographic distribution, etc. You can't just randomize that shit or you'll have a complete mess, and they simply won't have time to do this in the beginning. We'd be waiting another 6 months for release in that case. So....no.

Please someone switch the yourmom map back to DF1!!! :)

8. Mortimer

Mortimer Deadeye

They will come with proper advertisement, are you trying hard at irony or just plain dumb?

If we will have no newbs you really think the game will survive and flourish on 2-3k players? We had that on both servers, and they both felt like an empty world, void of players.

9. brahji

brahji Black Knight
    Legend

My clan is mostly people who didn't play dfo. With that said fucking with the loot distribution that was apparently pretty good seems like a terrible idea for the sake of a "balanced" start.

Synna and Fengor like this.
  10. Owyn Magnus

Dude, re-read your 2nd post in this thread. You totally went all emo when the FIRST person who responded didn't agree with you.

Most people that do that wait until the 4th or 5th person. You went all Marilyn Manson right away.

Take a step back and chill the F out.

Fengor likes this.
  11. Mortimer

Mortimer Deadeye

Consider opening your eyes. I gave this thread a day to see if either the players or the staff are interested in talking about the elephant in the room. Timestamps bro, theyre not just fancy numbers.

And it had nothing to do with the first reply either, it was actually a welcome sight to see at least one person not closing their goddamn eyes.

Got anything to add to the actual topic at hand other then spitting out insults?

12. Owyn Magnus

So, you waited 24 hours, got one reply that disagreed with you, and you flipped out.

You assumed that since not enough replied or agreed with you that no one cares about this game, or about noobs. That we all wish to just powerlevel our way to a dead world.

Did you ever consider:

- Your ideas were bad, and unpopular?

- People that read the topic did not have the time or inclination to respond to it yet?

- Not everyone visits this forum in a 24 hour period?

No, but in your ever condescending way of dictating who cares and who does not, you went EMO.

I think I got you pretty pegged, timestamps and all.

Kotic and MisterTea like this.
  13. brahji

brahji Black Knight
    Legend

Jesus you're just as retarded as OP. Shut the fuck up idiot.

14. DestLocke

DestLocke Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

I love the idea of having some unexpected surprises at launch, whether it be a loot tweak on a specific mob, or an adjusted mob spawn near a holding that had no good local mobs, and I certainly hope we are in the position from a development standpoint to think about those things. That said, it would have to be something we do carefully and with consideration. And as Owyn stated, the mob locations and loot were fairly good, so there will be no need to completely hack them.

Avenging Martyr likes this.
  15. Mortimer

Mortimer Deadeye

You need glasses or somebody to read the text out loud to you kiddo, you make no sense.

On that note though, of course it's an unpopular opinion that's why nobody wants to talk about it. They can disagree all they want it won't change the fact of the matter. The advantage we, vets have will never be overcome by people reading on the internet about mob spawnd and pve strategies.

Delusional people, you think they will find on your mom that evil eyes in mid dungeon kill themselves if you poke them enough? You think they will find about numerous other ways to get fast gear to farm harder monsters?

Of course they won't. We, the vets used to be called wolves. I used to kill other wolves for sport and spared the sheep, more of a challenge. What you will see upon relaunch if it comes out as is, is a quick power grab and relentless, never ending farm of newbies. Yes, they would die either way. But at least with a reshuffle getting across that power gap would be made easier. Even if just because transmutes won't be in people's possession by the second day of the game.

16. Mortimer

Mortimer Deadeye

Honestly I think the mob loot might need just a bit of a tweak here and there but two things I would definitely see is enchanting recipes ( or enchanting locked for the first 1-2 months ) and city resource reshuffle. Those two make up too much of a power gap, simply too much.

17. Owyn Magnus

You sir....are classy.

Stay ragey!!!

18. Erock

Erock Varangian Warthane
    Legend

*cough* alberworth *cough* :p

Clarence Swamptown likes this.
  19. Owyn Magnus

I think C-bay could use some cairn giants around it, and some Hands of Khamsets...and minotaurs. Then it would be balanced.

20. Johnjon

Johnjon Skeleton Archer
    Affluent

-I don't know I just don't see how this should be a priority over things like Fixing exploits, Reducing grind, Implementing/Reducing scripting/Macros, and helping the new player experience. This pales in comparison to what these will do to the game. You shuffle some of the monster loot around, and shuffle their spawns by a bit. Then what? 1 month later all of these will already be found out again, written down on a google document sheet, and nothing changes except that few weeks of exploration.

-Yeah if veterans know the sweet spots to level fast it can be a slight problem but if reducing the grind, combating macros/scripts, and fixing bugged spawns becomes the priority then these veterans shouldn't even be able to gain the grind advantage. Gold/Gear advantage is inevitable but it is part of why we fight for these spawns, and holdings.

-Darkfall's monster and loot system was a pretty beautiful mistake. It wasn't the best, but it was well worth it to suit up and go out there and fight. I don't think risking that is a smart idea for some exploration immersion that will last a month or two tops.

Visseck likes this.