Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Loot Tables

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edderino, Nov 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Edderino

Edderino Goblin Scout
    Legend

Are there currently any intention to add some sort of loot table (even a generic one) in-game or out-of-game?

I feel as though one problem new players (or people that haven't farmed a lot) run into is what they should farm if they're trying to farm certain items. The only source I've seen so far is the darkfall-info map, and that's unofficial and outdated. Otherwise, players are forced to ask others what mob drops xx item. Whether or not the question gets answered depends on: whether or not they're in a clan or who happens to be watching New Players chat at the time. If they choose not to ask players, then they have to choose from 200+ mobs to kill and hope they'll find what they're looking for.

The game should give the players some sort of loot information, and it's up to the players to decide which spawns/mobs are the best to farm for what they're looking for.
    What do you guys think?

MikerotchBAGFACE, Magvanox and Nat like this.
  2. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

We were chatting about this today and it boils down to whether it is too harmful to the discovery and if it is worth the Dev time to build this in game. Perhaps a Wiki would be better as those who want the info will seek it out and those who don't won't get the info handed to them in game.

We can talk about this on the next stream if there is a lot of interest.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    KingLlama likes this.
  3. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

A wiki would be cool

4. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Beastiary that stores loot you get would be cool, and gives potential rewards.

Would be cool. would be.

#4 Sero, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    GrimReapiN, Lincoln Hawk and Blaze like this.
  5. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

If it wasn't a pvp focus game, i'd agree with that. I usually don't go online looking for info's in most games i play unless the game is competitive.

This is not the old arcade era. I mean, arcade competitive games don't have pause buttons with command menu where you can learn new tricks. There's no training mode neither. Some arcade games that used to be ported to home console did not have any command menu nor a training mode. Sometime not even a pause button.

Somebody had to teach you how to play a certain character since you couldn't possibly learn everything he could do yourself or you absolutely were forced to purchase a gaming magazine just to learn how to be good.

I'm saying that if it's a competitive game, the game itself should give you every info's that you need to be good. The option to turn-off those tool-tips should turned-off by default.

6. Crunchbert

Crunchbert Undead Dwarf

A wiki would go a long way for basic info on the monsters pvp crafting how to get holdings etc. Theres way too much info nubs have to ask other players. I've spent several months between DnD pre ROA launch and a few different sessions of ROA post launch mostly solo/with a irl friend and I know a lot of the game mechanics and stuff but theres still some stuff I'm not actually sure of that can be hard to find out without just straight asking people in like the discord / agon chat, which is usually just ignored anyway. Ya this is a group game most people join groups and get info that way but not everyone will and currently the solo player / group of new nubs npe is terrible if they arnt a specific kind of niche player that can deal with the painful grind of being a clueless nub lol.

Discovery is one thing but discovery can also be a nub doing their research and figuring out whats good to farm or how to get what they need.

BeatIt and Edderino like this.
  7. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Solid post and good points.

This is why I think an out of game Wiki approach might be best to give the option.

8. Edderino

Edderino Goblin Scout
    Legend

I think a Wiki would be great. I don't think giving general loot information would kill discovery. There is still so much discovery/exploring to do when actually trying to find the optimal spawn.

I think discovery in terms of loot drops was a big thing on release since the loot drops was typically new information for everybody (especially essence/scrolls). I remember hearing in comms or clan chat "xxx mob drops xxx items." At this point the general population already knows what's dropping (except for newer players or those that don't farm much).

Now the discovery part lies in where to go farm. Been playing the game for a few months and every once in a while I'm still finding better spawns to farm mobs than the ones I was doing before. Even nowadays I still hear people in clan comms say they found a new good spot for certain mobs, and I'm sure more will come with the changes of pshards.

And like Crunchbert said, a Wiki would definitely do wonders as a reliable source of information that players can go towards.

Crunchbert likes this.
  9. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Need to add armor and weapons back to mobs so people actually go farm

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  10. Bound

Bound Project Manager
    Staff Member

I don't think so... i like the idea of crafted gear actually having value. No-one is gonna buy an R60 off you if you can just go farm them.

Khazgol, Slayven, Sero and 1 other person like this.
  11. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

I used to buy mob dropped weapons. Their dura may not be as high, but i only farm with daggers and bows now.

Mob drop on r40 and below was too much. Mob drops above R50 made were quite balanced and it give us a good reason to slay those mobs; especially the menhir sentinel.

12. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

You can get armour and weapons that are better than crafted off mobs currently. People aren't farming them though.

Crunchbert likes this.
  13. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Do the immaculate weapons with insane damage and speed still exist?

I was going to buy a deepblade that was WAYYYYY better than a Lightbringer a few months a go for ~200k, but the guy quit. (I love that weapons like that exist. The old school Asheron's Call feel comes back when I think of really well rolled weapons and armor)

14. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Yes they do. They're just really rare.

So does immaculate bone, leather, and full plate. I also know of a mob that drops gloves with 0 encumbrance, but has the protections of dragon gauntlets as well.

15. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Maybe one day they'll do a PvE expansion and I'll be able to kill "Dragoons" or "Dragon Riders" for mob dropped dragon pieces.

Think like.... a temporary portal near each Fire Dragon spawn that opens once you've killed it. Inside you have a WoW style "raid" with patrols and static spawns of these dragoon type models(just think existing models with dragon armor as asset placeholders) with pet wyrms and wyrmlings.

At the end you have a ground dragon(think fire dragon reskinned with different colors and different loot based on the color), but instead of the flying animation.... a walking/running animation on all four legs. We could reuse existing spell asset types. So... for it's "dragon breath" at the final cave fight spot(think Gruul's lair from the Burning Crusade xpac) the dragon would shoot an inferno, then the landing spot of that inferno would "ignite" 4 volcanos at that spot. Otherwise... just think a lot of "swiping" in melee by the dragon.

So many cool things they could do to add content beyond PvP :(

16. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

this is the shit df has always needed....not combat changes

17. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

That enchanting spreadsheet...with out that how would anyone figure out enchanting.

Blaze likes this.
  18. KeredCaltith

KeredCaltith Goblin Warlord