Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Low tear mobs not dropping everytime.

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Eagleglow, Mar 7, 2016.

?

Change the loot drop on low tear mobs?

1. Keep the new, drop every third kill

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. Revert the change every mob should drop everytime!

20 vote(s)
    95.2%
  1. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

This must be the worst change they did that only every third goblin droped loot.

Dont know how many players i spoken to and lets plays on youtube i watch and they kill a low tear mob (goblin) and it dont drop any loot for like 3-4 kills.

This change should be reverted back so they drop everytime!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    DestLocke and Kilset like this.
  2. Lakisuria_Moonglade

Lakisuria_Moonglade Varangian Warthane
    Legend

I honestly think there should be at least one or more reliable drops from every mob then the rest are some kind of algorithm.

3. Nuyur

Nuyur Wildtribe Mage

If i remember correctly though, didnt goblins start at launch with 5g per?
    Their loot got bumped up to 25g ea, but not every kill dropped.

It reduced the ammount of times you need to loot, while not cutting into your income.
    Unless im missing something here, aside from perception, i personally wouldnt want to change it back.
    If 1 in 5 kills drops 25 g
    Or every kill drops 5g...in the end, you are making the exact same ammount no?

4. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

they did this because of goblins were spawning to fast for new players that they did not have time to loot them.
    A system that increased the mob spawn rate after the number of players in the spawn instead would be better than this feature, it sends the wrong message to the new players.

5. Lakisuria_Moonglade

Lakisuria_Moonglade Varangian Warthane
    Legend

With those statistics, it's very true. I suppose it depends how fast the goblins spawned and how many there are in the spawn.

Although i'd prefer killing less mobs quantity wise and getting more. Even if it meant the goblins got a little tougher or it took more swings to kill them. In turn could lower their damage a bit if needed but I personally hated trying to clear out cemeteries of enemies by dry looting them then skinning them all.

Although at this point I think it's very likely i'm just out of touch with how the game was so I can't make any detailed or reliable recollections to base my opinions off of.

6. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

yes thats correct but what new players know is that what you see on the mobs you can loot from them when they die and when you got alot of players in one spawn it can get frustrated and new players will be like wtf.
    i know when i farmed potatos from them it was really stupid that you killed 5 and non of them droped there grave...

7. Nuyur

Nuyur Wildtribe Mage

So the two of you show the problems goblin spawns had.
    Its such a weak monster, the respawn rate is set very high and there's a swarm of them in the spawn.
    If you had to skin and loot every grave (to prevent clutter), you'd likely struggle.
    Newer players dont switch quickly, dont loot quickly...they dont do anything quickly.
    So they'll end up not looting a part (up to a lot) of the loot dropped, because they cant keep up.

I understand the frustration of killing a monster, to not even get a grave from it.
    But...if you made them 5x stronger (its a number, dont rage) to justify the loot drop from 25 g...
    You'd likely see extremly new players legit dieing on goblins.

Remember, there's a huge mix of players that start out in the game.
    Some might take the time to get a cloth set, others rush in naked with their leaf blade.

Lets see what its actually like in the test server?
    If at all possible it might be better to have every monster drop a grave, but id imagine this is about way more spawns than just goblins.
    So, we'd need to see howmuch of a problem it really is.
    I wouldnt mind low end monsters not having graves personally. I understand why, i move on to the next quickly.
    Its more a waste of time to pick up 5x5 gold, and skin 5 graves...compared to just looting 25g once with a single skinning (which yields x5 again?)

I guess the only downside is skinning skill ups, impactfull?

PENETRATOR likes this.
  8. PENETRATOR

PENETRATOR Earth Elemental
    Legend

My opinion is basically same as @Nuyur. I don't care personally one way or the other. I'd like to hear from others.

On the other hand, if you guys remember, we were originally supposed to have mobs drop things they had equipped and that didn't happen. It broke immersion somewhat. It would be nice for mobs to drop what they fought you with.

But not sure if that's the best way.

Flying Dutchmaster likes this.
  9. DestLocke

DestLocke Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

A lot of mobs could actually drop what they had equipped it wasn't every time and it wasn't everything at once though if I remember correctly.

PENETRATOR likes this.
  10. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

Complete non issue.

Its a question of looting 5 goblins for 25g total, or one goblin for 25 gold total.

Non....issue.

in fact, it probably makes life easier for newbies, cuts down on lag and cuts down on them leaving a "trail" newbie hunters could follow.

11. PENETRATOR

PENETRATOR Earth Elemental
    Legend

Yeah, for max immersion, mobs should always drop what they have equipped.

12. Kol Taggar

Kol Taggar Celestial
    Loyal Legend

13. Suncross

Suncross Ghost

Keep DF2012 drops. If anything, up the amount of passive combat drops (more potions, regs and arrows should drop).

AdamDMC likes this.
  14. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I don't understand this poll. Can someone explain. I have a migraine today. Is the op asking for dfuw style loot drops v df1 loot drops? If so I want the old df1 drops. Dfuw loot was shit and made pve boring and unrewarding, actually lost more dura (gold value) v loot dropped (gold value)

15. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

No i dont want dfuw loot drop, i think that a dead mob should allways drop something.

Could be nice with the system from uw that increased the mob spawn after the player count.

16. Flying Dutchmaster

Flying Dutchmaster Gravelord
    Legend

I remember this idea and I wish it made it to live. It makes sense and could help reduce the cost of gear sets. Its just a cool idea, if players drop everything they have equipped why don't mobs?

17. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Low tier mob drops are something on the first roadmap we'll be going over for balancing. So this already is coming up mate. As we get closer on each feature that can benefit from it we'll go into more details about the changes for players to get involved in the discussion.

-Andrew

18. Rath TNT

Rath TNT Stormgraive
    Legend

I hated that change. I think every mob you kill should drop at least one thing that is useful. Other variables can be adjusted to allow newbies to loot and skin besides having every nth mob drop loot.