Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Make the game more casual with and why. Please BPG.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by soulpcbr, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

this

2. KeredCaltith

KeredCaltith Goblin Warlord

Y'all know about chaos chests and rare ore nodes?

3. Bear Forcefour

Bear Forcefour Goblin Scout

True.

VuddU and soulpcbr like this.
  4. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

What I don't understand from people is you don't need the best gear in the game to be competitive. Just wear what you do feel like wearing and when you PvP you'll either gain the good gear you're to lazy to farm for or you lose the bad gear that you don't care about. I personally see it the other way around and think each tier of gear should be much better than the other along with making gear much harder to get and bank wiping. If everything is close to equal and it's also easy to get there is no real risk factor. Might as well not even be full loot at that point.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Varangian Warthane
    Contributor

I feel it used to be this way but isn't now.
    But I only play destro so the bias is there.

soulpcbr likes this.
  6. Sameog

Sameog Akathar
    Legend

I personally feel that you do need the best gear to feel competitive, I hate losing a close fight and having the reason be that his gear was better. Competitive fights (if they are actually competitive) often can end in the difference of one hit. That one hit goes in favor of the player with better gear. Fuck having advantages. When the players skill levels do not match, the gear just exacerbates the problem, vets fighting noobs with huge advantage (infernal vs bone), even if the noob is somehow good at the game, they will lose to the vet in all likely-hood because the vet probably knows game mechanics better. With the gear difference on top of the character/skill difference, it is almost impossible for a noob to beat a vet...

I think that is bad for the health of the game, I hope relics don't make it even worse but what do I know?
    --- Post updated ---
    The real grind of this game is learning how to pvp properly
    --- Post updated ---
    Honestly, it is no wonder this game hasn't blown up yet, most of the new players leave before they get to try the pvp. I really do hope this relic system can make pvp easier to master.

quietnoobz likes this.
  7. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

Put the new changes in, relaunch the game with TC, advertise!

8. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

When whit 2 / 3 hours for day we can farming and do pvp whit good gear and dont "cry" because we have lost 3/4 bugs ....many players join us....i'm sure....

Now we need 5/6 hours....

VuddU, Circa and soulpcbr like this.
  9. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

when you're bad like me you need the best gear buddy ol pal

soulpcbr likes this.
  10. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

I really think they need factions in before any relaunch or “soft relaunch”.

The game is missing a huge piece of the puzzle since racial wars were removed.

Traveling as an alfar to human lands as a scrub to try to gank other scrubs was probably some of the most fun I had in early dfo.

Eventually the word would get out if you were successful and more and more humies would come out of the cities and chase you.

like jr city raiding for beginners.

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  11. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Forced factions suck. They are anti sandbox and force me to play with people I don't like nor do I wish to carry them. I wish planetside 2 had custom factions instead of the 3 faction system that forces me to play with retards that constantly ruin fights, zerg, troll and tk. You end up hating your own faction more than either of the opposing ones and there is nothing you can do about it but log out and play other games.

The current clan/political system is basically a custom faction system. You get to make your own factions and pick not only who you play with but who you are primarily fighting. 100% sandbox.

12. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

You and your clan don’t have to join. They are opt in. Nothing changes for you if you don’t join

Getting “carried” may cause a lot of newer/bad players to stick around and pvp. You’d be like a champion among the sea of regular soldiers. When you enter the battlefield foes will piss themselves and be struck down. Rallying your side to push to take hintenfau.

13. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

I have carried a lot of newbies in my day. I was the champion of the darkmoore shitties for a long time. Legion XVII I believe was the clan name that lived there. The thing is, I like to pick who I carry (and get carried by) and with fixed factions you lose that choice. People also tend to troll and grief a lot harder when they know you can't leave or really do anything about it.

The way I see it what you are asking for is already in game as clans/politics. It just isn't called 'factions'. You 'opt in' to an alliance. That alliance is a faction for all intents and purposes.

14. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Star citizen has 2.2 million players and has raised 200 million dollars in player crowd funding you ignorant fuck

15. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

If pve wasn’t so boring it would be a different story.

16. The Cannibal

The Cannibal Akathar

2.2 million players and it’s not even released. Who’s really ignorant?

I got some beach front property in Arizona for sale...

Your IQ is a single digit.