Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Market Teaser

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kilrath, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Avenging Martyr

Avenging Martyr Celestial
    Legend

The easier it is to use the better overall from my perspective. I just don't know about the additional complications and how it's gonna react with the server once alot of people are using it... I've seen alot of good QoL changes done so I'm hoping you guys put some extra care into it.

PS: Make a similar window for our own banks accessible so we can slap together stuff from in our bank. We would need a way to separate already made gearbags but this would be such a QoL thing ;)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

iirc they were gonna make it so bags could be set to a certain template then you could right click the bag and there would be an option where it would automaticaly pull everything from your bank nd put it in the bag.

i dont know if this is still a thing or not but i do remember talk of it.

Avenging Martyr likes this.
  3. Avenging Martyr

Legend

Yeah. What I'm saying is when they design the window for the market we could get a carbon copy designed to work from our bank.

Cause I'd love to fill it out or save my favorite template of gear. Click a button and boom a gear bag from nothing in seconds for gold at the market or simply nothing from my bank :) That's QoL for everyone.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  4. Lucan

Lucan Ghost
    Hero

Take a page out of eve onlines book. You can set up a fit(template) and click buy and it will buy the cheapest of each item.

Perhaps making it so enchanted items cannot be added to the market would make that easier.

Fengor and Avenging Martyr like this.
  5. Avenging Martyr

Legend

Or make a separate tabs just for types of enchanted gear. Then have gems sold separately for other peoples fresh gear. Just a couple more tabs

6. Kilrath

Kilrath Goblin Shaman
    Developer

The market doesnt support looking inside bags. It isnt just a true/fase matter of displaying what is in the bags. So ui has to be made to show contents, quantities and all the normal info you'd need to know like durability, enchants, etc. While i could do this and we may do something in the future, the time it would add would delay the market a lot longer. Not only then do we need to handle items inside of items in the system and display them to users but we then need to have search functions and sort functions created to look inside of items inside of items to display the gear bags.

The way i seen it working was in the future there could be a system like Eve's Contracts. So you have the market for individual items and then you can contract a list of loot. Maybe Contracts could also be set as timed auctions as an option in the future. It would all work from inside the market window but use separate components that are added on at a later date and not affecting the operation of the individual item market system.

With the contract system to make it simpler i think bags wouldnt be a factor. You would just drag all the items and set quantities into the window and set a price and hit the list button and it would make a contract with all those items listed inside of it. Then when a search is used it would list any contract with that item at the requested values. When you won the auction or bought the contract it would go to your deliveries window or whatever as an item that is part of kilrains new system he is using for champion loot. You double click the item and it unwraps the package and dumps the item in the container the item was in when you double clicked it.

Not saying this is how it will work or that it will be added, just saying that this kind of functionality can be added to the market system easy enough down the road without causing a large delay on the initial market implementation and in a way that wouldnt cause possible bugs with the individual item system while opening up possibilities like auctions.

7. Methodico

Methodico Infernal

Please no! Go to play walking simulator if you like to spend time on a mount.

#67 Methodico, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    Hook, SinSemilla, Oresmacker and 6 others like this.
  8. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

*New Dawn

SinSemilla, Methodico, Sique and 4 others like this.
  9. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Varangian Warthane
    Contributor

My phone won't open the link, I've tried desktop mode, still having issues. Haven't been back to my computer to checkm. Ill be there tonight and ill check. Sorry i guess it was kind of stupid for me to tag you guys, was just excited to see it.

10. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

If someone is searching for a bag with a polearm, then there are 8 other pieces of armor a shield, a sword, a bow, a staff, enchant values... etc. Coding that becomes convoluted, unless you're Google or another large firm. Just put shark mounts in the game instead.
    --- Post updated ---
    I mean... the entire entire persistence system, should support all of this... The functions are there, it is just trading between "an extended instance of players". I dunno....

Oresmacker and Fengor like this.
  11. Kilrath

Kilrath Goblin Shaman
    Developer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

looking good

13. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

At least your market looks 10x better than NDs. lmao.

SinSemilla and Fengor like this.
  14. Thug Life

Thug Life Gravelord
    Hero

ETA?
    [​IMG]

MaxiHori and Methodico like this.
  15. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

We have been waiting for this since day 1.

Sero likes this.
  16. SinSemilla

SinSemilla Air Elemental
    Loyal Tester

UOF has poker and I log in just to play that at the least! Love the idea.
    --- Post updated ---
    There should be no limit to using Runebooks that defeats its purpose of quick travel.

Have you never played UO? They have unlimited runebooks to travel anywhere and it helped save the game from dying.

17. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Market looks awesome!

And about premade gear bags: there's always trade chat :)

18. SinSemilla

SinSemilla Air Elemental
    Loyal Tester

Cool down on a single rune would be manageable but, I really disagree with a global rune type cool down. It defeats the purpose of them. If someone takes the time to make the books they should be able to use them as they want since it does sink gold.

Circa and Oresmacker like this.
  19. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

I know I have sold a few of them, but I think y'all should make all rune books weigh the same. The 26 slot makes it pretty hard to carry the same amount of mounts as I would with the regular 6 slotters. I've been using my regular rune books instead of my big one just because of this.

Not meaning to derail but figured I'd state my opinion :p

The Red King likes this.
  20. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

No we don't want it. Its the best thing you have brought to this game IMO. Don't be going backwards again. Now the bill board now that's another story. I see that as a good gold sink, but it would have been twice that amount if people runed everywhere instead of instant porting to the villages. Don't do a bait and switch on the rune books especially to the people who bought them.