Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Market Teaser

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kilrath, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Balsm

Balsm Goblin Warlord

Stoked man. Market is going to be a game changer

Wes Furtive and Korag like this.
  2. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Haha markets are going to make next to no difference with the current state of the game.

3. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Not for us as much as the little guys that don't have big banks, but it will make an impact on trading and the economy. I'm personally kinda excited about it.

Fengor and Korag like this.
  4. Kilrath

Kilrath Goblin Shaman
    Developer

Crafters might actually log in and craft and harvest to sell their wares. People will be able to get things easier which means they might log in now and go out and do more because they dont have to personally grind all the enchant mats for a set.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Symdor

Symdor Goblin Warrior
    Hero

This +1

SinSemilla likes this.
  6. Balsm

Balsm Goblin Warlord

As you say boss

7. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Pretty sure the majority of active players have stacked banks now and you could always trade b4, every1 had an alt in sang or just sat in sang waiting to port to villages. Most people can craft or have access to people who can. What is needed in this game is things to get more people out in the world, but other than the champion patch, which was suppose to be a release thing, you seem to be going in the opposite direction with everything you do. RoA is essentially an arena game where everything is easy to get at this point.

Sero likes this.
  8. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

You have a viewpoint that is from the current environment for the super active population of PvP minded players mostly.

We're designing the game for survivability and for that we need to give entrance points for new players at anytime instead of just within 6 months of a new server. This imo was one of the biggest issues because eventually all players leave a game even if they enjoy it due to personal reasons, life changes, taste changes, etc. No matter how good a pvp game is new players need to feel like they can jump in even in an established server. This will give sustainability long term while we continue to add new content and sand to the box. If we designed for just the PvP vets we'd have a very short lived game.

Population isn't as high as we want no but it is stable and growing slowly without any actual advertising budget. That tells us we're on the right track and after we add in the next big content pieces(Markets, territory control, new resources, new crafting items, artisans and perks, factions and new lore systems) and go freemium we feel the game is going to come into it's own in 2018.

Behind the scenes the team is the best it's ever been and it's showing in the positive trends in both community support and concurrent users stabilising and increasing month over month since the end of the fall. Sun on the horizon :)

Wes Furtive, Nat, Oresmacker and 3 others like this.
  9. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

Stable and growing slowly since ND launch? Since village patch? When? We had 4000 players at launch, now there are less than 300.

That's not true at all. We've been monitoring the data that you provide on agonmetrics, and since fall 2017 there have been less and less players. There is a spike with the village patch, but it drastically falls off 3 weeks after. Not to mention with new dawn launch, there was another huge drop in player count.
    [​IMG]
    Also, from what this and the recent cash shop additions tell me, you guys are really struggling to stay afloat. This statement from one of your developers is really pathetic and if you weren't already AV 2.0, you surely are now.

Stop playing games and saying 'everything is fine' when it isn't and hasn't been. You said from the beginning you were going to be as transparent with the community as possible, and again and again its been proven that this isn't the case. Im sure this post will be deleted as part of damage control, with your company desperately attempting to blind-fold the community from the truth.. but in case it isn't I just want to say that it is not my intention to stur up shit, cause panic, or doomsay. I care about the game, and I want it to succeed.

For it to succeed, you as a company, need to stop playing games and invest in real servers, real developers, and actually advertise this before it gets shut down again. You keep pushing things back and focusing on 'content' that should have been in at launch, rather than deal with the problems that the game has and re-launch/go to steam. Who gives a fuck if you have territory control or a marketplace if you need to re-log every 3 ports? There are so many bugs in the game, even if you add another year or two worth of content it's not going to magically make the game populated.

10. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

The need for an alt just to trade is a turn off for a lot of people by itself. The marketplace will be amazing for the game (if done right).

I am excited for the next couple patches.

11. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

I'm referring to concurrent users, feedback from players, subscriptions/income. The changes we've made aren't all about PvP we've actually added a lot of pve content in the last few patches. I'm looking at our bottom line metrics and the cash shop additions are a part of our moving to freemium which has been stated numerous times over the last few months. As with most things we do it is done in pieces instead of all of a sudden after months of no development. Plenty of reports from players of sieges happening as well you can find and we see spikes in activity on siege days and other times.

I expected a bigger hit when the other project launched but it lasted about a week, almost 2 before it rose just above the previous levels prior to their launch. As I said we're not up to a population level that we want but we're stable and growing slowly. Next patch should have a nice boon and the control towers/perks will massively affect the way the game is played.

Wes Furtive, Nat, Oresmacker and 2 others like this.
  12. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Companies are in business to make money. I think it is only smart they add cash shop stuff...as they have said they are moving toward fremium... pretty mad boi post over all... they could definitely use some advertising...go yell into a pillow.

Nat, Oresmacker and Fengor like this.
  13. Kilrath

Kilrath Goblin Shaman
    Developer

I don't really understand your issue. The point i was trying to make is that content and fixes dont come out of thin air. My personal opinion was you need people to make it and most people aren't going to volunteer their time. The ones that think they will, likely will get weeded out quickly when they realize the amount of time and work they are going to have to put in to get very little done until they actually get everything set up and learn enough of the engine.

My opinion as a darkfall player and an average Joe, not as a team member is that the game needs more to be successful. I think things are going In a very positive direction. As new things, like what is on the roadmap, get added and the player base continues to rise, I'm sure more resources will become available. These additional resources will hopefully speed up features and fixes bringing more players which will add more resources and things could grow exponentially but it's going to take a bit time and a positive attitude.

Keep in mind I don't speak for BPG. My position on the team is entry level. So you cant take anything I say when having a random conversation with fellow players as some sort of pointer on where the game is going or what the companies opinions are. If things I say when having a random conversation with fellow players are going to be to be used to hurt the reputation and chances for the game or company or as a stepping stone to push an agenda, unfortunately I will have to stop. I enjoy chatting and discussing things with fellow players so I would prefer to not have to do that.

I was a DFO player since NA launch. I was a ROA player before and much longer than I have been on the team. I often still feel like more of a member of the community than a team member, which leads me to forget that people are likely viewing me and what i say as a team member and not as just another member of the community.

14. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

You haven't added any pve content recently, you just fixed pve content that some how got broken, champions were still killable pre patch, I mean I killed like 30-40 of them.

15. Juicy

Juicy Black Knight
    Hero

i would say 15 champs are killed each day all up by parties of about 5-10 reign and crews, and no new pve content? you not seen the titles? i help out GG now and ever since champs now drop decent and give shit activity has grown that's for sure, much more fun when you have 20 guys logging in instead of the original 7 because we are doing champs/sieges and everyone's having a blast, not only that alot of the elitest's have gone and alot more people are on a equal playing ground so its epic for new people/crews to get out and get a solid fight.

Fengor, Wes Furtive, Nat and 2 others like this.
  16. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

How is fixing bugged content adding content?

17. Juicy

Juicy Black Knight
    Hero

and the titles? where they in there? because they are giving the content and not the Champs, you need to kill them and heaps of other mobs.
    the titles where a great idea, now with champs being on cooldowns and 10v10s at champ spawns and shit to try and get titles done asap, thats the content, not 100% what i wanted but its bought alot of pvp and probs doubled numbers nearly since ND launched.

now even the noobs can help and achieve something with the titles and so on.

Fengor and Oresmacker like this.
  18. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

at least its not extending the time consumption of existing content to give the illusion that there's something to do in the game

cough

Fengor and Oresmacker like this.
  19. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I don't really consider titles content. Its basically just a quest to get a extra bits added to your name.

If you are referring to my previous posts about them reducing the grind to much and making things to easy to get you are wrong. There is 2 reasons I think they have reduced grind to much, 1 because there isn't enough to do once you have finished with your character and 2 because it is a full loot game, what is the point in a full loot game when everything is so easy to obtain? It would have to be q5 dragon for me to even want to loot it at this point.

20. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

>Describes literally 99% of all content in every MMO
    >"I don't really consider that content"

lol

Lucan, Fengor, Nat and 2 others like this.