Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

MELEE TTK 1 MIN 25 SECONDS AND 80 SWINGS

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by franchisee, Jun 3, 2018.

1. franchisee

franchisee Wildtribe Mage

Thank you for not being an ass

I will give you a basic typed out lesson on fireball and speed in which I teach player's.

You want speed on fireball for many reason's

Defensively jump casting gives you false confidence for kiting player's and with melee pressure being so effective with tracking and DPS being so high. One mistake can end with you being in an unrecoverable position.

Instead you want to readapt to how you treat melee engagement's Instead of putting yourself on the back foot even at a health disadvantage you should always push into melee against them. This way it put's your enemies mind from melee pushing to side strafing or pushing forward to melee vs melee. Regardless with Rubberbanding If you push yourself 30 degrees to the left or right of the player it will make your character model disappear and they will typically overturn to a 90 degree angle at this point you can choose to melee once then take a directional position out without jumping or you can hope to get a few melee swing's on him and close the gap in their advantage Psychologically player's who have higher health sometimes become egotistical and try to disengage to finish you at a higher health, while some player's push in balls to the walls. You have to know your opponent and think how they consistently respond to the melee vs melee engagement's you've seen them have.

Playing like this is a better play style than jump cast because it helps you become better at melee vs melee, reduce the time spent showing your back and psychologically helps in team fight's so when player's look at their team they don't see everyone running away.

Offensively fireball with speed at a close distance act's as a large projectile ray. At this distance ( I explain and show the distance in the game) You should only cast fireball / 2 rays and cycle. Casting anything else within this range makes you vulnerable for getting melee pushed and you should know that if you see any suspected magma/90s/aoe at this distance to instantly push melee as it will guarantee your melee hit and a shared dmg of their spell.

Cycling the fireball/ 2 rays cycle, anytime you land a dragon's breathe , impale, or fireball push melee. push melee 30 degree's to the left (the spells cover more of your body coming from the left) then turn right 30 degree's on the opposite side of the enemy. This will make your hit box smaller when they aim directly at you and if they turn away and turn back you will be in the form of rubberbanding making your hitbox even more inconsistent.

Every fireball should be a ray and melee hit. This instantly gives you the health advantage and you should be willing to melee to the death. Do not pull out and if the player tries to run and you attempt to track them. If you are unable to throw your cursor in front of the player as he is turning you will miss your sticky back so instantly pull out your staff and cast a ray. Most player's pull out and straight line for a small fraction of a second. If you become responsive enough you will be able to acknowledge and understand you are out of reach during the turn allowing you to switch to your staff and ray before they begin to squirm again.

My finger's hurt and I have to go see a patient. This barely scratches the surface of the fireball/ray/melee meta I teach players that ask for lesson's.

#61 franchisee, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  2. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

lol this is pure fucking gold

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Featherbeans and Fengor like this.
  3. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

Revert to vanilla darkfall. Start over. Try again

4. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Chosen of Khamset

SAD thing is if you turned it back into a korean grinder and reverted it to 2008, more people would play launch than are playing now lol

Urek Mazino, Featherbeans and Sero like this.
  5. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

The thing is this game needs grind, things need to have a value in order to make full loot worth it.

6. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

all I see in this thread is a bunch of nerds bickering back and forth with who came up with what. with all this passion, how about using it as a whole and try helping bpg get a player base.

7. LisaL

LisaL Stormgraive
    Legend

This is exactly why BPG should not be changing combat.

8. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

he did use pots herped derp

9. johntrikone

johntrikone Undead Dwarf
    Legend

incest swarm sounds terrifying.

also in response to this patch: yikes.

10. Talesin

Talesin Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

Dont mahirim also have gained prots against melee/archery?
    --- Post updated ---
    lol

Animal and Fengor like this.
  11. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

Yes mahirim have extra melee and archery prots. That's to be expected though considering mahirim is the absolute best race in the game.

Featherbeans and Animal like this.
  12. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

"I changed the meta so many times in this game, and the reason the game was all fireballs/ray/melee up to the patch was because of me."

AHAHAHAHAHA

This is almost like saying he invented gravity and the reason earth orbits around a star etc. Dellusional AF.