Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

[META] What kind of Darkfall videos would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by Nat, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

anime is for fgts

2. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

I think videos with a story are the best kind of videos. Sieges tend to lend themselves best to this style of video, and this is also what will have the broadest appeal to people outside the Darkfall community.

When big sieges happen BPG should make an effort to get footage of it themselves and compile videos as promotional material.

Some of my favourite videos come from Val Roth not because he was the best player but because they had a narrative to them. Personally love the Mar Shral siege which created a narrative of an epic siege that involved the clash of server. It created a feeling of impact to the siege; a siege that the outcome would determine the fate of the game and server.

This is what makes EVE so appealing to read about despite having never played it myself. Their battles are massive and impactful but if you watch the videos themselves they are largely just tab-target and rather dry. The real entertainment value came from the editing and the creation of a story to go along with the footage.

The typical PVP montage is entertaining to a point; but to appeal to people beyond the core Darkfall playerbase we need to use a more narrative approach to videos.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Adûn

Adûn Undead Dwarf

While it's technically from "the other side of the pond", yes, multiple people in the thread (which I found a bit unexpected tbh) have stated the DF videos they'd like to see are ones with a story, so figured I'd post something I've done recently to that effect:

If it's unwelcome, mods feel free to delete. Cheers.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Grimtide likes this.
  4. Takamendi67

Takamendi67 Goblin Scout

I'd love to see original video's from good players, something I've yet to see from a single NA player... It's just a nation of garbage darkfallers it feels like.