Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Mob drop Armor reinforcement.

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Avarious, May 3, 2017.

1. Avarious

Avarious Wildtribe Mage
    Supporter

Who loves wearing a black knight helmet or wild tribe mask or (insert mob drop armor)? I know when I was feeling like I wanted to look a little different than the average destro or hybrid I decided to be a goof and wear mob dropped armor. Now these armors typically just straight out sucked from a encumbrance to protection standpoint or just from a durability stand point.

What if we could loot these mob dropped armor and have a player with high end armor smithing turn it into a useful gear piece (add durability , protections , lower encumbrance etc etc) !? Of course they should have to use mats and etc. This would add some more use to these armor pieces and allow for some more character customization. Perhaps it would add something else to the economy !

For example (don't remember protections or anything)
    Black knight helmet (mob dropped)
    Crafting requirement 1 armor smithing mastery to "enhance" (but really just craft a new one with the helmet being a part of the recipe)
    Recipe ex:
    1 black knight helmet
    35 ingots
    1 veilron ingot
    250 gold

Bam changes that mob dropped helmet into a heavy helmet equivalent to a plate or full plate helmet

What do you guys think ? It would make use of armor models that we already have to the game and make them more useful.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. zaxxon123

zaxxon123 Dire Zombie
    Supporter

This might be the greatest idea ever. You should run for president

Avarious likes this.
  3. Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Crypt Guard

Yes cool idea. make it happen

4. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I suggested something kinda similar during the beta only I suggested the mobs that drop these armor pieces/sets could actually drop a blue print, or schematic that would allow a person to be able to craft that particular piece. Black knight helmet for example, this provided a long term goal for any crafter as their are many pieces of armor where blue prints would be viable, and I wouldn't think to difficult to add as the pieces are already in the game so they do not have to be made. course when crafted the stats would then be better based on the level of the crafting skills. they would also provide a boon to the market aside from being a goal of just about any crafter

5. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

I suggested this for I dunno, past 3 years.

Aka go fuck yourself.

Aka I like your suggestion.

Aka get your own box.

Aka I'm bored at work.

Sero and Avarious like this.
  6. wtblife

wtblife Goblin Warrior

I think I like this idea a little better.

7. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Both are good Ideas in my opinion but mine just adds more content over the long run and makes it so crafters have another goal that keeps them actively playing, even the casual crafter

Talesin likes this.
  8. saouled

saouled Goblin Shaman

Great idea +1

9. LordCaligular

LordCaligular Dire Zombie

+1 could be cool with drop-able recipes for armor pieces like black knight armor

10. SoL

SoL Skeleton Archer
    Legend

BPG has shown they are capable of bringing in new items and crafting skills
    This could be done!

11. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I think it would be rather simple since the items are already in game so making a recipe should not be hard. they have already made new recipes so they have a template for it. Not sure how much work it would be to add it to a crafting list and make adjustments to the starts of armor once crafted though

12. SoL

SoL Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Well mob drop armor is not up to par with crafted armors after AV buffed metal armor elemental protections

The ratios of Physical/Elemental Protections and Encumbrance are different but they are there, and they could be brought up to par
    Full Plate and above will still be better than most mob drop armor however

13. saouled

saouled Goblin Shaman

Make lot of things useful is key for a good economy.

14. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

ya I am speaking more of making it craft able though like with a blue print or whatever ya wanna call it.

15. Veeshan

Veeshan Crypt Guard

This is what i would like to see :) Dropable mob armor recipes, that once consumed allows you to craft that armor if you skill is high enough. Armor should be somewhat useful level atleast things like blackknight should be round full plate level of defence wise (Could even make it stronger to fire resist but weaker to air) to make it unique appart from looks.

LordCaligular and Korag like this.
  16. Neo70

Neo70 Goblin Warrior
    Tester

My Idea : Loot Black knight Helmet, Use a special Skill to get Knowledge, if u have 100% Knowledge of this Helmet u can craft a 100% dura Helmet

17. Avarious

Avarious Wildtribe Mage
    Supporter

IM not fond of a recipe idea . Id like that people would keep having to farm the armor in order to turn it into a useful piece of gear.

18. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

would require a new skill to be made not sure how hard it is to add completely new skills but it would work for sure, I am down for whatever so long as whatever is done and added and makes sense, fun etc
    --- Post updated ---
    well with recipe's it would become a very sought after spot, as would all the other mobs that drop the different armor, and considering each piece would require a recipe it would not happen over night I also think it should be difficult to get a point. Should not be possible to do like in just a few days or week and with soo many crafters. Or ya could limit witch spawns do drop the recipe so that a dungeon for example is the only place the recipe's drop

LordCaligular likes this.
  19. Avarious

Avarious Wildtribe Mage
    Supporter

Once they get the recipe they wont ever have to go to the spawn again. making the spot only good until people get the recipe.

20. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

well with recipe's it would become a very sought after spot, as would all the other mobs that drop the different armor, and considering each piece would require a recipe it would not happen over night I also think it should be difficult to get a point. Should not be possible to do like in just a few days or week and with soo many crafters. O
    the recipe would be worth tons, and tons of spots to get the recipe, I mean if ya still wanna add interest to the spawn besides the recipe you could add special pieces of black night armor that occasionally drop with better resists, or maybe even specially named or some other good idea I haven't had yet.

LordCaligular likes this.