Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Mobile Spawn Machine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KeithStone, Nov 24, 2015.

1. KeithStone

KeithStone Deadeye
    Supporter

One thing that always annoyed me in DF was getting into an epic battle then getting killed and sent back across the world. That usually meant you were pretty much playing solo the rest of the night due to the time it takes to get back to where your group was at.

What do you guys think about a mobile spawn point, some type of war machine that you have to move into position (something like funhulks, but a little slower) that can be deployed. Then at some cost (like portal shards?) + something like a 180 second cooldown your clan mates + allies can teleport back to this mobile spawn point.

I'm sure it has it flaws like zerg clans would have a huge advantage, however at the same time smaller clans would have a chance to get back to the fight to take on zerg clans.

This mobile spawn machine could be destroyed with battle spikes or war hammers.

Edit: I totally just remember about the nexus portals (not sure if this would be better or the same kind of thing) but I don't remember those portal things getting used that often.

2. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

another gameplay aspect that doesn't need touching..

sorry

3. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

Yes there are portal chambers and nexus deployables.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Erock

Erock Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Nexus portals

5. Flux OBVS

Flux OBVS Goblin Warrior
    Tester

Yea,portals and nexus are there for when that happens, also if your machine doesnt have a port timing the naked zerg would come back instantly after dying and that would be pretty flower,

6. Xipos<3

Xipos<3 Stormgraive
    Legend

You could also bind to siegestones

7. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

We're looking at making nexus portals craftable and moving portal chambers to the wilderness.

This kind of mobile portal machine is interesting but it would have to be expensive and vulnerable. If they could be captured and used against someone that could work. It changes a lot of large scale battles though it would need to be well thought out to consider it.

-Andrew

8. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

Nice

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Undead Dwarf
    Hero

I don't really like the idea of moving portal chambers into the wild. It diminishes local conflict and the scale of the map when people are just porting all over the place. In the same stroke it diminishes the importance of city location, what is the point of fighting over a city when you can just instantly teleport close to anywhere you want.

At the same time I am not a fan of Zerg clans being able to take over holdings anywhere they please and leave them empty and just insta travel to siege defend them when they please.

A middle ground to me would be to limit amount of portal chambers available to a guild, for instance 1 city can only have one connection to a hamlet. Or if you want to keep hamlets for smaller clans (and if you are doing that please improve their function!) Just allow 1 city only 1 connection to 1 other city (which possibly makes more sense).

If you want to please the instant action crowd then build them an arena somewhere with Zap tower viewing areas that do not zap people inside the arena, take time on it and make it decent with a sign up board with teams or w/e, leaderboards etc..
    Even more interesting how about an arena at each racial capital where only the weekly / monthly champions are allowed to move on to the middle(ish) arena where a handful of the best of each races get to go up against each other.