Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Modernized

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by agonyecstacy, Jan 22, 2017.

1. agonyecstacy

agonyecstacy New Member

Any plans to upgrade the graphics? I feel like only the fan bois from old are going to play unless the game gets a boost and evolves into something more modern. Yes the game is a blast and kicks ass as its the only one of its kind, but the same problem of there being no marketing division could be a problem in the long run. too bad the company couldn't get DFUW graphics and formed it into the game they want, instead we have graphic from so far back when adventurine started development of the game that EQ2 looks better graphically.

anywho hopefully its something in plans. Darkfall needs an overhaul, unity, unreal engines.. anything would work and would be cheap imho i dunno.. just sad that this is the only option for this type of game.

2. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

We do plan to keep up with our graphics overhaul, the first iteration didn't work out to well as i'm sure many members can tell you about :p but our next patch will help to tweak/tone down the problem areas.

Fengor likes this.
  3. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Graphics were fine

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Strip Tease likes this.
  4. ArrowExpert

ArrowExpert Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

When is the next patch? Maybe Q2 or late Q3?

5. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

Trying to get it out asap for you guys, couple final things being tweaked/worked on hoping to get it out early this week. We aren't trying to delay the patch, we understand the textures are causing issues and are working as fast as we can to push out the texture changes and a couple other things we have been working on.

Fengor likes this.
  6. leth1337

leth1337 Dire Zombie
    Legend

im still playing but i know some ppl have taken an extended break because of the load lag issues that came outta the last texture updates. u guys might consider doing hotfixes on this type of stuff as soon as u have them resolved instead of waiting to add a few more things to make the patches larger.. even if the other things arent far behind the hotfixes.

imo frequent small patches/fixes beat weeks of shitty gameplay/players not logging on because of it

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  7. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

Yup we tend to agree and have done quick hotfixes in the past after patches that have some small issues in them. We just recently picked up a second test server to make the patching/hotfixing process much smoother.

The issue we have had with hotfixes in the past is once we patch everything we want, the devs then push more stuff onto test to have our QA team run through and get a head start for next patch. The problem this opens us up to is if we do need to hotfix, there needs to be reversions of stuff that has been put in since the time we patched and the time we need to hotfix which can lead to some issues and a messy situation.

With the second test server we have up soon i believe, we will be able to have one that is a live copy that we can hotfix on and push straight to live while keeping everything test worthy on the other test server so we we hopefully don't have these issues in the future.

8. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

One thing to check
    Boat strong boxes are still drag and drop not one click loot the box don't know if this has been looked into or fixed but..and fishing boxes not click to loot. Been awhile no big deal either.

9. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

The only area where click to loot functionality currently works is monster graves i believe. I believe we may be expanding that in the future for ease of use in other aspects.

10. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

K sorry to derail thread just a little counter intuitive if ya know what I mean

Sorry again to derail. OP

Crunchy likes this.
  11. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

No worries you are fine.