Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Monster spawns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dad Puncher, May 13, 2017.

1. Dad Puncher

Dad Puncher Gravelord
    Supporter

These need to be shown on the map.

Kurise LXV and gosti like this.
  2. iConstantine

iConstantine Goblin Scout

Grapefruitkush likes this.
  3. Brown Dorf

Brown Dorf Goblin Warlord

Outside maps are cumbersome and are not user friendly. The map in this game is garbage.
    A new player should be able to open the map and see spawns, bindstone, banks, dungeons and holdings( but not who owns them). This information is all available elsewhere and it's dumb to hide it on a 3rd party site.

Also, allow us to zoom in further on the world map. As it is now, it's just words on top of words in a capitol city.

#3 Brown Dorf, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
    AdamWest, Dixie Normus, Rosco and 3 others like this.
  4. Beasty

Beasty Goblin Scout

I think darkfall new dawn has a feature that allows players to search mobs/banks/cities on the ingame map.

Xipos<3 and Rosco like this.
  5. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

I think BPG has said they'll eventually add an in game map of things like this.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor likes this.
  6. Ninogan

Ninogan Undead Dwarf
    Legend

They do and it's super comfy and definitely appreciated by noobies that don't really enjoy being told to always alt-tab to this website to use a map.

Nat likes this.
  7. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

Yup a much better map is needed.

Kurise LXV likes this.
  8. Niburu

Niburu Skeleton Archer

tell me one reason not to include this ouside map in the game. like new dawn does. A map like this can really help and no reason not to add it with outside maps like the one you linked

9. iConstantine

iConstantine Goblin Scout

Because there are a thousand other things they can be working on that has a larger impact. I would rather them spend their time and money on something that has a meaningful impact on the overall game.
    And I like out of game resources like maps in games like this. They are always far better than the in-game ones. Players know the game better in the end and add in details that are relevant to other players.

10. Grapefruitkush

Grapefruitkush Goblin Shaman

Ya just tell us where everything is so we don't have to explore for our selves or anything .... -_-

zyafen likes this.
  11. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

make it so locations like mobs/chests/chaos stones/banks/cities only show on map after you discovered them and just have a toggled layer for stuff like npc cities/outposts/hamlets/player cities.

12. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

I honestly cant think of a single thing that would come even REMOTELY close to helping new players as a real, functioning map like DFUW had.

If you have to use third party shit for basic gameplay then ur doing it wrong. Not only is tabbing out constantly really fucking annoying, but the maps are often inaccurate. Most importantly, the people who need this info the most might not know the third party map exists. and no "they should ask" is not a solution. the game needs to be intuitive

I get that it hasn't come up yet, and there are other priorities at launch but imo this should be the next big change after the launch stabilizes.

it would do WONDERS for casual players coming in.

#12 Benevolence, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
    Fengor, Nat, Navlaan and 4 others like this.
  13. Jhakl

Jhakl New Member

Not taking either side, but we didn't need it then and we don't need it now. If you need google and navigator and a gps to figure out how to go north... well. Darkfall was from day one "close your eyes, throw a dart, go, holy shit what was that..." Be happy it shows you where you are at on it. Pick a direction and go. What's next? You want Reds to flash a warning on it and to know they're hiding behind that rock. The maps you so painfully have to alt tab out for were made by those that picked a direction and went that way, and being Darkfall, had to go that way a few times. Darkfall isn't and won't be your typical hand everything to me now because else or I'll cry MMO. And if you do have everything, hope you don't get marked on the map because we're all coming. Anyone new coming to Darkfall has already played some form of MMO out there and are well aware of forums and knowing someone will post a link. Use it or don't. Takes a lot of resourse and puts more stress on a server to constantly ping a spawn especially now if they will be roaming spawns in some areas. Hide in a bush, tab out, gaze upon the great hand of the gaming gods to lead you to every magical special free gold here waypoint then tab back in hopefully not to a shiny tombstone... welcome to Darfall! And hell ya it's back! Thanks for that.

14. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

EVERY info should be found in game. In game map, in game Wiki etc.

Sique, Scrapnotcrap, Lucan and 2 others like this.
  15. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

I want my roaming mob spawns that AV promised in 2009 with ways to track them down IG via tracking skills and gathering info from other players and NPCs. Third party sites would be pointless

Lucan likes this.
  16. fairyfloss

fairyfloss Goblin Scout

The map is fine as it is....

17. Wizzy

Wizzy Undead Dwarf
    Patron Contributor

Have to disagree, finding spawns give a level of exploration that's needed. If people knew where every mob is without finding them it takes away the sand from th box

You can find mobs and add notes on your personal map, enjoy the game exploration of this hand crafted map and mob spawns

Slayven likes this.
  18. HighTimes

HighTimes Gravelord
    Legend

I also dont want mobs on map unless you make it toggle able so i can choose not to have it cluttered.

most people probably still dont know you can add markers yourself by typing "/annotation_add (whatever you want)"

Wizzy likes this.
  19. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

I have found portals not on the map..I personally like finding things..only thing we need is right click map to add a marker with typing. A lot of players don't know the command.. let player make thier own map...
    --- Post updated ---
    The typing command needs to go with just a simple right click of map and add text..is the only change needed.

20. Kurise LXV

Kurise LXV Deadeye

How do new players find this map?

I don't know how many times I've seen new players asking or complaining about "X" because they have no access to a map.

Something so simple and SO OBVIOUS, was completely ignored by BPG. How you do not inform your new players of a detailed map is fucking beyond me.
    --- Post updated ---
    Didn't know this.

This game is so fucking old and out dated.

Scrapnotcrap and Beasty like this.