Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Most Over Hyped Players in Darkfall History

Discussion in 'Memory Lane' started by Dim Mok, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

12 years old. Played for a month. Watched a lot of videos, based on those two he seemed to be at best an above average player many people made fun of (people still made fun of him during my time in Unholy Wars as well).

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

He was average at best, most people thought he was complete trash.

3. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

I was looking for reputable Darkfall heads to chime in. Sique doesn't even register on my radar as a DF1 player, did he play DF1? In any case, I've taken my name down for now, as if it was some honor lol. It's much better to be underrated than over hyped imo.

dooty likes this.
  4. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Its kinda funny because on one hand adding yourself to a list seems a little odd, but really what you were saying is you aren't as good as people thought you were and people are telling you yes you were as good as they thought you were, which could be a complement. Of course if they thought you were bad and you were as good as they thought, then maybe not so much a complement lol

Dim Mok likes this.
  5. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

Doesn't mean I'm not better than you though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    That sentence is all over the place, Mycke.

6. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Dim isn't over rated or under rated he is just average end of.

7. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Varangian Warthane

a lot of things need to come together for people to be above avg at dark fall, character, time of play, computer, and internet. Throw on top of that race and clan mates. A lot of people were good at different instances of the game and somewhere a long that time either added or lost one of the said qualities in sentence one.

Also ric flair won df1 there will never be another player who even comes close.

8. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Your post was pointless, also ric flair was bad.

9. MikerotchBAGFACE

my post describes why some people who were thought good at some time or another were seen in another light. Also ric flair would have flawless ed your whole clan using side step.

10. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Being good does have a lot of variables, but really comes down to two things, being able to land shots and being able to avoid them and those that can hit and evade the most are the best. Bad players are bad because they swing wildly all over the place and straight line as you sticky back them, where average players can get a bead on someone a little and get some shots in and doesn't make it too easy to repeatedly hit them. The good players know how to kinda lock on to a target and will tend to get repeated shots in while conserving energy by not missing too much while at the same time being able to break off when hit to keep from getting repeatedly hit.

I consider myself an above average player because I have the technique of a good player, but im almost 50 years old and just dont have the twitch of a 20 year old, so I can handle the average players no prob, but anyone who is actually good has just too much twitch for me to take on.

11. MikerotchBAGFACE

damn you're old mycke :)

Mycke likes this.
  12. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

I'll give you a perfect example too...

In UW with Defiance we did a group duel where it was 5 alpha team guys vs 9 of the rest of us in the dark out front of MS. I played skirm and the first round I slipped off as it started and got to the side of the fight and using terrain and the dark made me hard to see and just peppered the hell out of them and we won pretty handily. The second round Myater decided that wasn't going to happen again and the moment it started he just locked target on me (i got the kill shot on him the round before so he was going to kill me lol) while the other 4 took on the 8 and we just crumbled.

So you could say out of the B team I was the linchpin, yet I could still never take any of those 5 guys on 1v1.

#192 Mycke, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  13. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Who was good in your opinion? Were you considered a good player? I'm not understanding how you think you are an authority over who was good and bad. I don't remember seeing you in the field much, you were either on at different times or just huddled away in some corner of Darkfall. Do you have any videos showcasing your skills?

dooty likes this.
  14. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I have beaten / gone even with most of the good players. I don't know there are a lot of good players out there, and different players were good at different times. For example pure use to be really bad even though he played loads (prob more than me), then I stopped playing for ages come back and he was one of the better players on the server. There were many people around the same level though, to many to list.

The best player I have come across (based purely on personal experience and ignoring all vids) was fusion.

A few good players:

Grimjaw, pure, finnad, crpytic killer, luck, there are many more but I cba to think about them right now.

15. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

In DFO my first fight ever against a top tier player was against Grimjaw, we were living Tughri and he came to solo raid the city and there were 6 of us there and he came in and got the 6 of us on him and then lured us out of the city on the chase and he took us into a ruin and by manuvering around he would get someone broken off from the rest and one by one take us down until me and one clannie were left to try and make it back to the city. He caught up to us and with the clannie as melee and me as mage we tried to fight him off and actually did better than we did when we were 6 but he got the clannie down being just below half and he was quickly on me and I got him down another quarter as he got me down to a quarter, but I hurt him just enough for me to make a break and he got a couple range shot in as I got to the wall with launch ready to go and he killed me at the exact second I was releasing the launch lol.

It was actually a lot of fun but I was such a noob then and was just amazed at the thing he would pull like as we would close in he would blast on a building heal and transfer cycle and look for a straggler and then come down on the straggler to take them 1v1. He actually expanded my understanding of how to play the game so much just in that one fight.

16. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Yes grim is a very good player although I kinda wish he would use a great sword.

17. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Grimjaw I believe was good early NA after EU transfers but from what I recall he took lots of breaks and was not the same afterwards.
    Pure and Luck were both good, I give more credit to Pure due to ping but the other guys you mentioned I don't know who they are, I don't believe I ever ran across them.

Did we ever fight? And are you basing your opinion off of personal fights you have had with me or basing it purely off of opinions of others? I just can't remember a time where we fought but I remember the name, were you a late EU transfer or NA the whole time? Where you always known under this name?

dooty likes this.
  18. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I went by Donkey Punch at one point, and have been in your clan / pvped against your clan many times, we had a few 1v1s that I easily won and we use to smash your clan when you outnumbered us. You were basically useless in team fights that we had with u.

19. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Donkey Punch was bad from what I remember, which clan were you in? Do you have any videos?

dooty likes this.
  20. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Comp was to bad for vids, there were other donkeys out there that were bad perhaps u thinking of one of them. I highly doubt u remember some1 who smashes u and your entire clan as bad.

I have been in many clans cant remember which one I was in when we use to raid u a lot.