Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Most Over Hyped Players in Darkfall History

Discussion in 'Memory Lane' started by Dim Mok, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Dartemiss

Dartemiss Air Elemental
    Legend

Well it's hard to hear anything over the sound of gargling elite players balls in your mouth I'm sure.

They still going to let you be in the clan?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Darktide and Dim Mok like this.
  2. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Top 10% wasn't exact, to be specific I believe there is between 50-60 players that occupy the top 1%

This number is including all players in Darkfall history (~6-10k players in existence), over a 4 year time period, comes to around 12-15 players per year.

As for consistency, how are you quantifying it? by duels? random 1v1's in the middle of bigger fights, pre-arranged, everything combined??

What was your k/d ratio at the end of DF1?

I have no definitive proof on the Nvidia exploit, so I'll have to take your word on it and have deleted the accusation from the OP.

#62 Dim Mok, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    dooty likes this.
  3. Heldana

Heldana Windlord
    Legend

4. Nirazu

Nirazu Deadeye
    Hero

This guy can't be serious

5. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Very serious...

It's a way to get a ballpark picture, not definitive but one gauge to check by.

Most good players will have a positive KD ratio, even if we take into account noise factors i.e., friendly duels, bind camping, etc...

If he did as well as he says, his KD ratio even with the noise factor should be better than mine or yours. with our noise factors.

#65 Dim Mok, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    dooty likes this.
  6. Bojangles

Bojangles Varangian Warthane
    Legend

lol

Fengor likes this.
  7. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Prove me wrong =)

dooty likes this.
  8. Bojangles

Legend

who the fuck remembers their k/d ratio at the end of darkfall?

Fengor likes this.
  9. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Some people have screenshots, or just remember ballpark figures, if he doesn't have it then w/e

dooty likes this.
  10. Kol Taggar

Kol Taggar Celestial
    Loyal Legend

11. Marco

Marco Undead Dwarf
    Legend

I mean it's so inaccurate how many kills and deaths were from bind camps how many deaths were from 1v 10s

12. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Like I said, it's one gauge, not 100% accurate but gives you a ballpark figure. Even with these "noise" factors, his K/D should be better, because the average player is affected by the same noise factors unless you are an outlier i.e., all you did was craft in a NPC, got bind camped 24/7, etc...

dooty likes this.
  13. Viiltaja Jackki

Viiltaja Jackki Goblin Shaman

Well to be honest if he could see through blinds then being destroyer is WAY OP compared to mage :D LOLS

I mean the whole thing is based on the fact that you can blind destroyer periodically and gain distance. If one can see through them just like there was no blind that puts destroyer in great advantage since mage is all the time forced to turn back while pulling distance.

14. Ch4r4x

Ch4r4x Winterbound
    Hero

If you go by k/d ratio, the best player in DFO was probably Ginger Magician.

Sorano likes this.
  15. Kalos

Kalos Frostjarl
    Legend

i do, 8:1

16. Bojangles

Legend

Sick ratio confirmed best is Kalos

Fengor likes this.
  17. Viiltaja Jackki

Viiltaja Jackki Goblin Shaman

No idea if Itwas Luck used it but there definitely is possibility to have bug that gets u to see through blinds.

Today i logged into RoA and while i was logging in i got error message from desktop manager that it had crashed. Then when i get into game there was this exact situation that some one said that all the bars and menus were in the left corner of the screen and now if i casted eye rot on me i didnt get blinded but it only blocked that very tiny part of the upper left corner of the screen. Same for blind didnt have any one online to cast pungent mist on me so not sure if it worked on that too but most likely yes. This has never happened to me before but if some one knew how to make this happen every time they logg in then there apparently were away to see through blinds.
    --- Post updated ---
    And this has to be one of the dumbest idea i've seen to show who was good at pvp :D

I mean i use to play with people that weren't very top tier of players in server and i was winning practically every duel i did with them. So my K/d ratio was probably 40 to 1 or something like that. Then in the last year or so in DFO i got into clans that had some of the top tier players of the server and i started to loose more than i win - and had it been like that from the start of DFO my K/D ratio would of probably been something like 1 kill to 5 deaths or something :D But now i still ended up probably 5 kills to one death or close to that. And also I was getting better every day during the last month's playing with guys that were better than me. If I'd played with then from the start I had been alot better player even though my k/d ratio would have been probably alot worse.

I mean pfffs. This was just so dumb that.... Oh my ..... i mean.... pffss

#77 Viiltaja Jackki, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
  18. rabies

rabies Deadeye
    Legend

Was luck overhyped? Fuck no, the kid did work.
    Was he legit? Fucking doubt it, nobody keeps tracking that good when blinded ;P

Is he going to pretend he's just a tryhard and he wins life and people who aren't as dedicated to gaming as he is fail at life and shit? fuck yeah.
    The guy is a dick, that's how it is and nothing will change that.

Anyway this thread is dumb and done, nothing new can be said.

19. SenseiSpades

SenseiSpades Celestial
    Tester

Saying "the best" is also a subjective term. There are alot of gem players out there, but the ones that post videos 24/7 and talk shit on the forums are the ones that get the attention.

One such example, a guy in my clan by the name of Agent Shado, I believe Luck fought him once and won, but right after Shado bested him, and curse bolted him down while he was attempting to flee the fight. Shado is a killer in every game we have played. Im pretty sure Shado could beat most of the subjective top tier consistently.

Has Shado ever been mentioned? No, because hes not a loud mouth. These type of popularity contests are just that.

Machinist, Finnad and Dim Mok like this.
  20. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Very true, a lot of good players went under the radar because they didn't make videos or talked shit on the forums.

#80 Dim Mok, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
    dooty likes this.