Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Mounts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sero, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

If you think whoever has more mounts is a good strategic design ima laugh my fucking dick off. Because thats what this meta headed to.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    RootedOak likes this.
  2. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

meh, game is full of broken meta. why change it now?

3. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

at least the meta was something more in depth than construct 3 mounts to run away from every fight ever.

But with that solid logic why even try amiright? /shrug.

4. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Exactly, why try? no one agrees on what needs to be done. You dont like mounts how they are, other people do. Other people dont like how bunny hopping is and you do. No one agrees and BPG ends up somewhere in the retarded no mans land between the two camps.

5. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

If they change blue tails to make them have 300HP, they would have to change their models.

Instead, i think we just need level 25 tier mount that requires 2 steedgrass with 300hp.
    They should look like normal mounts with some additional accessories and different colour pattern on them to make them look different.

Sero likes this.
  6. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

I like this. Make regular mounts have 150hp. Make the 25 tier need way more mats and have 300hp then current 50s and then 75s that take rares and like q4 enchant mats plus like 2k gold to make that have 500hp and the Sprint time of blue tails and a 100 mount with 800hp that has a passenger spot and takes rares and q5 enchant mats and say 5k gold to make. That way cheap mounts are low risk and easy to kill. If i want an escape option i have to pay through the nose for it and if i want more than one i could potentially be riding around with a high end gear bags worth of gold in mounts.

Sero likes this.
  7. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

Yes for the love of God stop crying about bunny hopping, it's part of what makes the game. It would be like someone playing AC for the first time and then complaining on every forum post about how people can slide cast and how it should be removed.

8. Forgotten

Forgotten Goblin Warlord
    Benefactor Supporter

Mounts are absolutely fantastic as soon as I get below 50% in pvp I just cast begone and spawn two mounts.

Haven't died in 4 days btw.

Sero likes this.
  9. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Fixed it.

10. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

cept ur statement has an unbalanced figure: i believe its "MOUNTS"

11. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Call me Fixit Felix.

12. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Care to explain how bunnyhopping is unbalanced?

Care to explain why the new meta is to hop on a mount to get out of a fight?

if bunnyhopping was so OP why has the meta shifted? Maybe because something else is OP perhaps?

13. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

so you're crying because your original OP mechanic is getting replaced by another OP mechanic? Im down with making huge changes to mounts, as long as huge changes happen to utility movement as well. Players need a way to escape asshole harvester/pve ganking PKs, if mounts is that mechanic then fine. If you take their ability to escape away, they will likely quit. Running on a mount is an intuitive system, Flying across the map hoping to not get DOT damage at 1 HP and stating up after taking a mount down and killing the rider is not an intuitive system.

14. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

They had a way to escape before, begoning away and bluetailing up was a thing. No one complained about it either, because it was balanced.

You were fast, but the mount was weak. They just doubled the bluetail HP and said go nuts.

Now the meta consists of mount up and run forever, it isn't fun. While I agree with you escaping ganks was definitely something that is important, you could always escape ganks. Confusion, begone, mount up.

No one is even complaining about attempted ganks and someone mounting up, you can't balance around 1 aspect of the game, the problem with Darkfall is changing 1 aspect, effects all aspects.The complaint here is PVP fight resets, which were hard before, are now even easier with mounts. Especially since the only way to catch someone on a mount is by bunny hopping and killing their mount, killing yourself in the process while they sit pretty.

All mounts do is make it so a monkey can get away, doesn't reward player skill, just rewards who has 3 steedgrass. Boring and stale, not the Darkfall we all fell in love with.

And you can argue about intuitive all you want, but once you see someone fly across the map, YOU MIGHT WANNA ASK HOW THE HELL IT HAPPENED, and start learning the damn game.

#34 Sero, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  15. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Sounds like risk vs reward to me. Makes it a tactic i can use. I can string you along and if your desperate for a kill enough to bite i can then turn on you and switch the tables. I like it. Lets keep it.

16. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Solid strats. Can't wait for you engage > no you engage fall. Solid gameplay. Really fun.

Juice Man is that you?

I say I want more strategy too, can we get some classes up in dis please. It adds more STRATEGY to the GAME.

17. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

I like it one way, you like it the other. Point is it isnt broken in general its broken in your opinion, the same way bunny hopping is broken in my opinion but not yours. In the end they might make a change and it might go either way or another way entirely. have to wait and see i guess.

18. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

except its not opinion its fact.

YOU MOUNT YOU RUN YOU DONT TAKE DAMAGE I TAKE DAMAGE TO CHASE YOU.

I BUNNYHOP I TAKE DAMAGE YOU BUNNYHOP YOU TAKE DAMAGE. BALANCE.

19. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

YOU ATTACK ME AND I DONT WANT YOU TO YOU RISK TAKING DAMAGE TO CHASE ME, BALANCED.

20. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

BORING GAME.

DEADFALL.

PROCEED TO CHASE ON MOUNT FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF.

AMAZING GAME DESIGN. STELLAR GAMEPLAY. VERY ACTION PACKED. SOMETHING AKIN TO THIS: