Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

my big problem with the f2p model

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Magos, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Magos

Magos Windlord
    Supporter Contributor

logging back in to check things out, noticed I have over 700/500 allowed items in my bank. So after going through everything I really can't find any more "junk" to destroy.
    I even took out a couple things I don't want to destroy that I now can't put back in the bank. So my char is stuck encumbered till I pay to try the game out again.

I get the want to incentivize paying to play, but as a returning player this model is extremely restrictive for getting back in game and trying things out before paying.

I also understand database wise the need to restrict items.

So I'll go ahead and pay but just thought I'd let you know how disappointing that f2p model is for a returning player. Its like you get all excited to hop in and try things out for free, see if you want to sub, then you realize you can't even play cause you can't use the bank. I have like minimal stuff and 2 rdy bags....so it is extremely restrictive.

How about a timer like the new player flag? Where as when you log back in as a returning player you have 12 or 24 hours before the f2p restrictions kick in so you can actually play for a bit.
    So if your char has been logged out/unsubbed for a certain amount of time it starts the timer next time you log in.

Uncle Jo, Sameog and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  2. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member BPG Representative Lifetime

It's a good idea to get bank extension tabs, you can make buy orders for them too.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

i agree, i think they were talking about putting it around 800-1000 if i m not mistaken.

but remember that u have a second bank and whit in game gold and the market u can easily get it to 2000 bank space.

the main problem whit f2p is that u can log in multi accounts, it should be only 1 account log in per PC

soulpcbr, Myater, Blaze and 3 others like this.
  4. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

I pointed this out when they were first doing it.
    I logged in today without prem. Saw I couldn't do anything because of bank space and carry weight.
    Logged back out and went and played planetside 2 instead.

How many vets come back to the game and log in, only to realize they are stuck until they pay money and log back out again? Whats the point of F2P if its really not if your a returning player? It needs to be much easier for returning players to get back into things.

Sameog, Inkarnation, Grimtide and 3 others like this.
  5. Kael Trighton

Kael Trighton Deadeye
    Benefactor Tester

Well on the other hand, if you can keep your bank under 500 items, there is zero reason to stay subbed. I guess the point of f2p is more removing the barrier of entry for new players, but for anyone who sticks with the game they need to cough up the $10 a month which is fair IMO.

Not to mention you can farm for like 5-6 hours and get a month of game time if you really dont want to pay.

6. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Ghost
    Wealthy Legend

Or and hear me out on this one...you could double click on a game time token and all your problems disappear in .2 seconds. 70k on the market which you can farm in 30 mins or if you truly are a returning vet you already have tons of gold and it’s a non issue. Seems like you don’t want to play anyway you just want to complain on the forums to me.

7. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

You can keep on blaming the players for not wanting to log on and play the game all you want. In fact you can do it until the game dies if you like.

8. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Ghost
    Wealthy Legend

In case you missed it the game is already dead

Fengor likes this.
  9. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Crypt Guard
    Patron

I brought this exact issue up in the freemium discussion thread and had people argue with me that limiting bank space was somehow a good idea.

Pretty hard to sample the game as a returning player if you cant put stuff in your bank.

10. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

The limit will be increased to 750 with the next patch.

But if you are at a point where you have so much stuff in your bank to exceed this limit, you can take some out, walk to the market, sell it and buy a GTT.

11. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Agree +1

I also sell GTT the cheapest prices in Agon

Just pm Papi Gutz

Blaze and Fengor like this.
  12. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Gtt are legit dirt cheap, if u logging off cause your bank is xxxx/500 when you can just go to the market and fix that once a month lol

13. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

The only reason to not pay to play is strictly to not support BPG. I used to have that mindset before because i was unhappy with the state of the game. Even now, it's hard to login to do stuff.

To play for free, i have made 3 alts just to earn a total of 2000 bank space. I purchased 1 extended bank space from the shop and 2 more in-game. That was enough. Extended bank space helps with stackable items (i use them for enchants and craftable items) while the alts can keep all the un-stackable like gears.

honestly to me atm, it's more like a free alt model. I usually pay for atleast 1 alt account, but now, i can have free buff others which is crucial for solo pve.

14. VanFursing

VanFursing New Member

How is game population?

15. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Terrible at the moment. If your thinking about playing wait for next patch. Things should be better then at least for a short time.

Fengor likes this.