Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

My Core Group Is All Starting To Quit Beta

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by aparks, Oct 3, 2016.

?

Is this happening to your clans and friends that play?

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    42.0%
  1. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

All my original Ironwrath members are dying out fast.

They all say:

"I don't want to double grind, I'll wait for launch."
    "I'd rather play another game with my limited time than grind."
    "I'm tired of fighting the same 100 people."
    "The scroll system has made it harder for me to catch up to the players that macroed."
    "I'm not really happy with the direction this game is moving in."
    "Not enough sand in the box."
    "Why does there need to be such a huge grind to get the important spells and skills?"
    "Meditation is to slow and costly, I log in long enough to pay for med points for a day."
    "The server runs like garbage and they wont move it, so it seems."

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Frostjarl
    Legend Lifetime

I haven't even installed the beta.

There is a lot of us on the sidelines who are waiting to play at launch.

3. Blixxer

Blixxer Wildtribe Mage
    Hero

the pop will be good once released.. but hopefully they do it sooner than later or ppl will lose interest..

4. Nate Thegreat

Nate Thegreat Crypt Guard
    Legend

Better to get it right before releasing. They cannot pull an AV and release it before it is ready and have most people quit early only to have it be amazing a little later on.

5. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

All these fuckers that don't want to play now better (beta) be there at launch. We only get one chance at this and their absence in beta can be forgiven, but if they miss the launch to some other excuse... fuck them.

6. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Agreed. Fucking whiners. The grind is easy, the game is going to be in beta for like 9 months, this is our chance to get this game where we want it to be and people are just letting it past them by.

Enjoy hoping from garbage game to garbage game every week.

That being said, 1v1 elo arena queue please, keep the pvp happening, keep the gear bags being lost, keep the economy flowing, map is too big. People don't realize how much this would keep people intrested.

Sloggy and Wes Furtive like this.
  7. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

That would kill the entire essence of Darkfall. What's the point in it being an MMO at that point? Fights in the wild will always be more fun than duels because there's no rules and you figure out intel as you go, it's just fighting to survive. We just need a PvE overhaul to encourage group farming and the removal of skinning fails to make many mobs worth farming.

Myater, leth1337 and CaptainAmerica like this.
  8. Galian

Galian Goblin Warlord
    Legend

My mates have not quited the beta, but a lot of them are not logging as much as before. Game has become a little bit "Groundhog Day", you enter farm the same stuff, fight the same guys...

Recent changes didnt improve that feeling imo, even if they improved the game, maybe a population boots would do it.

Circa and Dufer like this.
  9. Kras Treetall

Kras Treetall Akathar
    Loyal Legend

I like the fact that the developers are working at improvements. I am not rushing them to release.

10. brahji

brahji Black Knight
    Legend

I literally haven't seen a single Ironwrath in beta yet. So I guess gl

11. VVolfgang

VVolfgang Fire Elemental
    Legend

I wouldn't expect much of a population in beta, especially if launch is still months away. What's disheartening is when they play and leave right away. I think they will reduce the grind more, I personally hope it's sooner rather than later. Once they can get to a good pace for the grind they can focus on other things.

Wes Furtive likes this.
  12. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

We did what most small clans did and joined a larger clan for activity. Not many clans in games anymore.

13. brahji

brahji Black Knight
    Legend

lol

Sique likes this.
  14. Greasy

Greasy Goblin Warlord
    Supporter

I don't believe that if the grind is fixed to everyone's liking and everyone can get leveled at a pace where they are having fun, i dont believe this will bring back more players. People will always have something to complain about right now the grind is an easy scapegoat. Once you get your character leveled and can pvp with ease then what? Right now there isn't alot of content outside of pvp and sieges. So they need to keep fixing the grind, but also there needs to be work done on NPE and end game content. There needs to be more sand for us to play with. The grind is only 1/3 of the problems that darkfall has had. so the grind isn't the only thing keeping people sidelined. Dont buy into that.

aparks likes this.
  15. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl
    Legend

Except you joined the biggest clan in the game. So 1/3 of the server is now green to you. lol

Nat likes this.
  16. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Honestly at all our sieges since we joined them we've only had around 20 people show up but we would also have franchise clan bring like 7 usually. And the clan absolution isn't the old df1 vigilante. They are all first time players with the same name. They get a lot of heat and grief but they are newbs.

#16 aparks, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  17. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Except fights in the wild are more scarce than ever. Run around for 3 hours and find 1 person? Sounds like fun. -.-

It doesn't kill the essence of Darkfall it just brings another aspect to it. I'm done PVEing, I don't need to PVE for shit, I have a stacked bank already and until PVP picks up and I start losing more bags than I gain, I'll never have to PVE again. If I was constantly in an arena and losing gear/wager money, I'd have to go out and farm more because there would actually be a reason for me to farm.
    --- Post updated ---
    Biggest clan in game > sports 10 actives daily. GG WP, this game is officially dead.

18. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl
    Legend

There is only one person under the Absolution tag currently, and he doesn't play. Everyone else joined a different clan, and all of us played DF1.

19. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Once the game actually does some advertising this won't be the case anymore. There isn't any need to ruin the foundation of the game just because it's a beta and the population is low temporarily. If you're looking for PvP don't just roam around without any purpose, of course that's going to be boring. Go to the trade routes, sea towers, popular dungeons at prime time, etc.

20. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I mean. Vigilante sorry bro