Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

My Core Group Is All Starting To Quit Beta

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by aparks, Oct 3, 2016.

?

Is this happening to your clans and friends that play?

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    42.0%
  1. ChronoHood

ChronoHood Windlord
    Hero

Wes Furtive likes this.
  2. Epik Wang

Epik Wang Skeleton Archer
    Legend Contributor

The new scroll craft looks dope, it fixes that mess of a scroll system they had. You can make whatever scroll you want now.
    --- Post updated ---
    Rude Reply!! ill give you 10 Shames on this one.... Shame, Shame, Shame, Shame, Shame, Shame, Shame, Shame, Shame, Shame, Shame!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Battle Smurf and terrorfied like this.
  3. Galian

Galian Goblin Warlord
    Legend

4. terrorfied

terrorfied Goblin Scout
    Legend

parks you complain that your people are quitting because the scroll system made it so they can't catch up to people who macro'd, so are you admitting it worked then?

5. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Sad but true. Ultima Online used to be a fantastic game but it's systems still work. Without local banking there is almost no reason to stress regionalization because people can just clan-bank trade across the map anywhere in the world.

If Runestones were to become craftable it would need to require 100 in a skill not everyone would have and a rare and expensive resource not everyone could readily farm. Make it so people can make a business out of it. It would be really neat if people could turn their Teleport Anchor skill into a trade. An extension of this could be marked runestones marked at different locations throughout the world (a runestone vendor). This would work best if race wars were eliminated and players could travel between the six different racial capitals to browse all of the different vendors at each hub (maybe add a small gold cost (200g) to this portal network per use. With 100s of people constantly bouncing between the different racial capitals that would be a nice daily goldsink. Plenty of people love to window shop!

The best way to improve this game is to add jobs for people to do.
    With the recent arrow change you can now be an arrow merchant, selling both Arrows and Fine Arrows for a small profit (depending on your bowyer skill and cost-to-craft).
    If they listen to my
    https://forums.darkfallriseofagon.com/threads/revamp-on-herbalism-alchemy-player-driven-economy then people could become potion merchants, buying bulk herbs and crafting potions with them and setting their own prices.
    If they remove r40 (or all) weapons from monster loot tables then people can actually set their own prices on weapons they craft because that's the only way to get them (from the players who craft them). That means people can actually charge at-cost or higher.

I could go into more detail on all this but I think it's best to wait and see where BPG stands. I'm super curious.

#45 Wes Furtive, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  6. Greasy

Greasy Goblin Warlord
    Supporter

Local banking is gunna be pretty hard in Darkfall, not sure how that can really play out since the way player cities are laid out, and mob spawn locations. It would be very hard to be able to do what ever you want but be limited to where you can do it.

if they remove mob droped weapons crafters will be better off, not sure if they have done it as well but armor needs to be taken away from mobs. once you make it so crafters control the market on r40's and up then you will start to see a positive flow of player driven economy. right now however thats a bit hard to do because of all the mob dropped crap still floating around.

with them new essence system coming Dest has even admitted he likes the idea of adding in a new crafting skilling of inscription so thats probably gunna see the light of day as well.

Finally once they remove the portal network clans wont have too much use for more than 1 or 2 holdings so without creating localized banking you still keep players in the same area because they dont have access to the whole map anymore.

#46 Greasy, Oct 5, 2016
  7. Wes Furtive

Legend

Local banking is definitely hard to implement. I can't think of a solution for player-holdings and when you lose them so I can't help there.

When did they remove mob-drop weapons? Pretty sure they haven't. Did they say they were going to?

The inscription skill will be really cool; way better than the current implementation of scrolls for sure. I'm excited about this one. As much as I like leveling while casting the spell it will be neat to see these in the trade chat.

They've already talked about portal chambers being removed so that's going to be an awesome improvement to the game!

8. Greasy

Greasy Goblin Warlord
    Supporter

Pretty sure they never mentioned they removed r40's and up but im almost 90% sure they dont drop anymore.

9. Wes Furtive

Legend

I looted some off grey orks <24 hours ago.

That said, they NEED to remove r40+ to create a demand for weapons so crafters can have a "trade" but I figure they will. These guys are smart.

10. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Sounds like someone had some inside information.... Be careful what u post on forums. The bpg guys will release patch notes when ready.

As for rune stones and local banking tge world of df is too huge. It hardly works in mortal. Mortals numbers are at an all time low.

As for gear mortal players are always poor with a material base trade system.

So with all of it combined it makes people hide in their cities and not venture out farther than ten min. And when they do they wear shit gear.

The current df economy allows for sustainable constant pvp and the ability to travel around the world to get new fights in new scenery.

The city huggers in df aren't the same as the ones in mortal. The df ones just like dueling that's why they log on everyday. Where as mortal they are scared.
    --- Post updated ---
    Albion is having the same issue as mortal and so is dnd.

If you want to copy uo than you have to do it 100%. But that will never happen and so other games can never work like uo. And need to think outside the box

11. Greasy

Greasy Goblin Warlord
    Supporter

New Dawn is toying with local banking but they are going way too far, no recall and local banking? idk maybe someone will like that idea but not me. I like being able to open my bank anywhere, like for mentioned the map is way too large and Mobs are spread out in random places making localization almost impossible. You would have to build the game from the ground up around local banking to make it make and sense.

12. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

The largest issue is that the current players that didn't macro or bug out mobs are having a hard time catching up to the players that did.

The new system I think will be half good. That half being the fact now you can farm any monster tier and get essences. However crafting to get a spell leveled sounds really ass backwards.

I know everyone is salivating at the thought of a new craft. But if they sit back and think about it. Doesn't it seem weird and in the end dumb?

We should just get essences like they plan to do. But instead we load them directly into a spell of our choice. Leaving out scrolls and crafting scrolls all together.

Now they can add in scrolls into the game and crafting but they should have a different purpose.

CaptainAmerica likes this.
  13. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

imagine how successful roa would be if they copied uo 100% and then took asherons call quest system??? omg....

14. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I love uo and df does need quests. But every game that copies uo fails because they don't do it 100% also ghosting after death is out dated maybe the only thing we could leave out that uo had. That shit is retarded in mortal for how big the world is

Circa likes this.
  15. Greasy

Greasy Goblin Warlord
    Supporter

Idk i dont think it sounds as crazy as some other games that make you jump through all sort of hoops to skill up and level. Is the essence system going to solve everyones problem? Idk maybe, maybe not we will just have to test it out and see what happens. Ill tell you what it does allow for though. getting your friends power leveled considering you can collect all the stuff they will need to catch up in days rather then weeks. Thats a new concept for Darkfall that it never had before. now those insta gratification seeking players will have a chance to get just that. I am eager to test out the system and see how it will effect everything.

16. Epik Wang

Epik Wang Skeleton Archer
    Legend Contributor

This is what happened to my core friends!!!

ChronoHood and Grimtide like this.
  17. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

why did they go to dnd? curious.

18. murk

murk Crypt Guard
    Supporter

None of my friends even gave the game a shot :*(

chad, Fengor, Grimtide and 1 other person like this.
  19. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

i dont think they actually did lol

Circa likes this.
  20. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

If they could just copy the economy it would be a game changer. Too bad they have been moving in the exact opposite direction.

#60 Scrubby Bear, Oct 5, 2016
    ChronoHood and Circa like this.