Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

My greatest advise to new players.

Discussion in 'New Player Tips & Tricks' started by josh, May 4, 2017.

1. josh

josh Goblin Shaman
    Hero

Hopefully we get lot of you guys in the next few days. Most of you are going to be joining clans that are welcoming in many new players. Some of you will be happy with those clans that you join, but most will not be. A lot of these "Zerg" clans welcoming in anyone are great starting points for new players but a lot of you guys will outgrow them quickly.

Most of us "vets" that have played the game since launch of the original iteration of the game joined 3-4 sometimes 8 different clans before we found a clan that we ultimately called home. It's perfectly normal to in this game to clan hop until you find a group of players that suite your play-style.

You also need to be selfish especially early on in this game. You need to have basic gear in your bank at all times. There are going to be some serious conflicts, even world wars that break out and they can be really taxing on you. This is when historically most players quit.

A couple months into the game i found a group of guys that I really liked playing with. Then EU transfers happened, which was hundreds of people transferring their characters from the eu server to ours. The server broke out into a huge world war that our clan was right in the middle of. My char was shit, I had almost nothing in my bank and it was a terrible two weeks of dieing over and over again.

So i quit and joined a nooby clan for a month or two, got my bank back up, leveled my character and made a bunch of new friends. And when i rejoined my old clan i brought back like 5 of those guys. And we all still play games together almost 10 years later. Best decision I ever made.

TLDR: Be selfish when you need to be, don't get caught too much up in clan loyalties. Remember its a game and a mmorpg, have fun and progress your char above all. Even if that means taking a break from your friends for a while.

2. Papito

Papito Goblin Scout

+1 to this. While building a city up is cool and all your progression has to come first

3. Lakisuria_Moonglade

Lakisuria_Moonglade Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Thankfully as far as progress goes you can be a factor much sooner than ever before. But the sentiment still remains, don't go to the deep end before you are ready to swim and above all have fun doing what you like to do.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Navlaan likes this.