Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

My last few days playing ( content and relic system topic )

Discussion in 'Project Suggestions' started by JEDIMind, Jun 21, 2018.

1. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Winterbound

The last few days ive really had the time to sit down and play, pretty sure over the last week I put over 24 hours into the game.
    I did countless of daily dungeon quests 20+
    Marked about 30 runestones.
    Took my digging to 75 digging about 50+ maps.
    Took about 20 solo villages ( 2 fights )
    Turned in about 40 different keys ( veil to leen )
    Rode around on my ship abit.
    Killed alot of high end mobs.
    Got alot of crafting to 75 mastery
    And probably been around the world 50 times using 100s of portals and stones a day.
    Stopped checking cities after the 10th one or so.
    Not one soul seen besides from 2 guys at villages.

My point is that the game has TONS of content...but in reality Darkfall true content is other players.

I see a huge chance here to maybe bring back alot of players with the Relic System if its put into the game right.
    Personally I think BPG made the game to easy..I know they had to give in to everyone begging for it so i dont blame them. But bottom line if the game was hard people wouldnt be standing in starter cities waiting to pvp. Darkfall was about random chance encounters while your out doing your own thing. Now its about instant fair fights..the relic system can change that.

MAKE IT HARD - This relic system should be look at like an expansion pack ( dont charge for it ) but as in the sense its the next level of the game. People need to have them.
    Relics should take a few components to craft. Crafting items should be in tiers. Mixing random crafting tiers together should give you a relic ( kinda like the enchanting system ). This way people could get creative with their combos.
    Need to make quest for these. Force people to do champions spawns, force people to pull out ships and travel, force people to go to dungeons, and force people into the world. Dont give in to the people who want it easy. Just think if people were reliced out in a week? Games back to where we are. Everyone is max with everything.
    Need to market this. Need to promote this almost as like a new game. The combat patch fixed alot of combat problems where i feel people will stick around and play till end game..but just dont know anything about Darkfall but theres 1000s of people out there looking for a game like this.
    My goal of this post is to really bring focus to " we need content " people. I agree we need content but not in the same sense of things to do..i think of content as players. We need players to stick around..Make this relic system mean somthing. Let this patch live for years and not weeks.
    I personally will help write quest lines for free.

Btw. Get rid of crafting mastery tier items in starter cities along with billboards. Pretty easy to see that this would put people into cities ( just to many cities )

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 JEDIMind, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    viniciusdel, Korag, Squanto and 6 others like this.
  2. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Crypt Guard
    Legend

I've personally asked for this hundreds of times, they won't do it for some reason. I don't know why they want the dwindling population to live in NPC cities.

viniciusdel, Squanto and JEDIMind like this.
  3. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Wildtribe Mage

they need to make some type of lore that locks out 80% of the map and force everyone to live on an island for months.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  4. Korag

Korag Fire Giant
    Hero

better to find a way to incentivize rather than force one works so much better than the other. When left with few options saying fuck it is often much easier to do. Also the path most end up choosing.

5. viniciusdel

viniciusdel Wave Controller

JEDI I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING BPG THIS IS WHO U HAVE TO LISTEN TO.
    "My point is that the game has TONS of content...but in reality Darkfall true content is other players." Love it

JEDIMind likes this.
  6. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

I think the game is great, but after the 1 year synopsis basically stated that the game is running out of money and shutting down; I lost all interest in playing.

The hype with the new house system has died and it sounded like Brad left BPG. A single person in charge of marketing sending out emails getting a hold of this kind of information would have kept 9 active players engaged in the game.

Id love to know what the hell was going on from @MWTaylor , but I'm sure the BPG team is just burned out from all the work that apparently has been mostly volunteer work.

However the overall reason I've been taking a break had to do with my ISP screwing me over and the fact that I was just keeping some time tokens in my pocket for the chance we get some exciting news.

The Bill Boards should really just be added to the bank vault options

7. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Black Knight
    Hero

I think it's rare to find somebody that can enjoy darkfall as much as you do.

The past few days, i have been killing the same mob over and over again; making around 60k per hour. When i check VCP's, i actually find ppl. How unlucky can you be to only find 2 ppl out of 20 VCP's?

8. kilrain

kilrain Oak Lord
    Staff Member Team Lead Developer

Why did the hype die? Hasn't been very long since we talked about it. Maybe we shouldn't mention things until they are ready to launch?

Brad left a long time go. Not long after launch.

9. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

Hype is like soda, you let it sit around all day it goes flat. Need to shaking it up. A screen shot a week would bring dozens of people back over time. You guys are in the kitchen cooking this stuff up, but most people get a little drunk stumbled into the neighbors backyard (Other MMOs)

When you do post a big update, the biggest issue right now is key bindings getting bumped to a new save file, Extra bank tabs not getting automatically recovered and a mountain of older changes with no in game tutorial regarding the importance of setting strong Q&E Transfer binds!

Seriously we still need a horizontal hot-bar option with the ability to set bindings on right click. and a visual indicator when sprint is toggled on.

What ever you guys have been working on will probably be cooler. I did notice some of the new GUI is already starting to get leaked into the combat patches.

Void likes this.
  10. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Winterbound

I do play at really off hours, should of said that.