Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Nerf mounts

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Angarato, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Shalindra

Shalindra New Member

I like the change in mounts. Everyone plays the game differently. I played DFO DFUW and now ROA. While yes it is a Hardcore PVP game, not everyone wants to PVP all the time. Sometimes you are grinding stats, sometime farming mats for crafting, and others PVPing. Your complaint that noobs can get away means you should probably stop trying to farm noobs in spawns and get out on yssam, ruby, cairn or someplace that noobs arn't trying to just get to the point where they are pvp viable.

Why wouldn't they run if they have been in a mob spawn for a little bit, have loot on them, and probably decent durability gear, so you can PK them and and take what loot they have on them. Not much reward to get a low durability set of gear that you already ground down to where it's not usefull for anything other than PVP. Get away from the newbie areas and I am sure you will find more people willing to PVP. Let the newbies progress to where they can actually compete and put up a decent fight and you will have more opportunities for PVP. If you can't find a good 1v1 find a friend and look for a 2v2 etc. And there is nothing stopping you from carrying just as many mounts if not more since you don't need to save room for loot, and you probably won't need as many because if they are running, they usually are not attacking.

I would like to see this game thrive for once instead of seeing new players driven off before they can even get viable at PVP. The more people that subscribe, the more it will thrive. The argument that they wouldn't have stayed anyway starts losing a bit of weight the more time they put into their character and as they can actually compete 1v1 or 2v2 with vets that started on launch day and alrady have masteries in thier weapon skills/ maxed spells.

tanto likes this.
  2. SashaG

SashaG Dire Zombie
    Supporter

I agree. Mounts need to be nerfed. If someone has more than one mount its almost impossible to catch them. Its bullshit when someone mounts up and takes off as soon as they see pvp coming or know they are going to lose. I'm sick of blue city huggers starting shit and then mounting up to the nearest blue city to hide, then keeps poking their head out over and over. Mount health needs to be nerfed. Nobody is going to use bluetails when they have 200 health. A regular mount has 400 health and people can carry 2-3 of them and never be caught.

Angarato likes this.
  3. Angarato

Angarato Goblin Warrior

Ìts not just noobs. vets come with a pvp bag and 3 mounts. come into your city and try to pk. if they fail they pop a mount and run, kill the mount they pop another and another.

4. SashaG

SashaG Dire Zombie
    Supporter

Wrong. We have gotten tons of people come looking for a fight, then when they realize they f ucked up or start to lose they mount up and run for the nearest blue city or take off into the horizon. Its almost impossible to catch them as a destroyer shooting your bow while they weave through trees and terrain. Good luck catching them when they have more than one mount and if their friends pop extra mounts for the ones you target.

5. Byuphya

Byuphya New Member
    Hero

+1, nerf mounts, anytime I see someone running away on one all I can hear in my head is microsoft sam going "A HARDCORE SANDBOX EXPERIENCE" over and over

SashaG likes this.
  6. jefftxp

jefftxp Deadeye

mount speed needs to stay. It at least gives someone a chance to escape who's been farming for an hour. Back in DFO, you had to bank every 10 min because of constant ganks and you wouldn't survive if you got jumped since mounts were so slow.

If anything, just lower the mount stam to like 50 or something.

7. SashaG

SashaG Dire Zombie
    Supporter

I don't care about mount speed. I want their health nerfed / make them weigh more so people can't carry 2-3 of them and never be caught.

8. Angarato

Angarato Goblin Warrior

and increase their weight or something. people literally running around with 2-3 mounts on them

9. Shalindra

Shalindra New Member

So keep mounts on you so you can chase them. If they are vets, they are probably in a clan and have a city or hamlet or are allied to someone that does so you know where to find them eventually. Sounds like your mad they planned ahead in case things went south and you didn't get the loot. Plan ahead yourself, and keep a couple mounts on you and you have the ability to chase them. Aim for the player and not the mount and you might get a free mount.

10. SashaG

SashaG Dire Zombie
    Supporter

You must not pvp. Everyone I know carries a mount all the time and you still can't catch someone that got ahead of you on a mount. We've chased people forever and if they were far enough ahead, there's no catching them. People take turns jumping off, bolting/shooting/bunny hopping/etc, and you can maybe catch one of them. Mounts regen stamina fast enough that they never slow down enough to catch up.

Then they come back and do it again because mounts are so easy to get.

Schfifty Five likes this.
  11. Schfifty Five

Schfifty Five Goblin Scout

I agree the stamina on the mount lasts forever you can literally sprint for several minutes with maybe 1 minute of regen time over that period. It is ridiculous mechanic that has been added...

12. Shalindra

Shalindra New Member

I do pvp, Just havn't yet in ROA because I havn't gotten to a point where I am pvp viable. I expect that I will die a lot, since I still need to arrange my keybinds etc to what I like/want. In the end it comes down to some people are able to get away and some people don't like that. It's not game breaking, just means the same old tactics don't work and tactics need to change to address it.

13. Schfifty Five

Schfifty Five Goblin Scout

I promise you cannot shoot people off mounts in ROA like you could in dfo. you are 100 meters away by the time the other guy even hits the ground when he dismounts

14. Shalindra

Shalindra New Member

I guess I'll find out when I get to that point. I have a ways to go before I get there.

15. Garou Lintermittent

Garou Lintermittent Goblin Shaman
    Hero

So, when people could outrun mounts by bunnyhopping, people complained about bunnyhopping.
    Now that mounts are faster on most terrain, people complain about mounts.
    Lol.

16. Bearo Dactyl

Bearo Dactyl Crypt Guard
    Legend

Would be nice if mounts ramped up in speed so they're still useful for travel. But it takes like 30~ seconds to hit top speeds. Nerf normal mount HP tiny bit.
    I also think making bluetails pick up papyrus automatically by running over them would be cool xD

17. SashaG

SashaG Dire Zombie
    Supporter

How the hell are you going to give an opinion on something you haven't experienced over and over? Jesus christ.

Angarato likes this.
  18. Veldern

Veldern New Member
    Tester

Let's nerf mounts AND bunnyhopping. That way everyone's happy.

19. tanto

tanto Dire Zombie

I can agree to that definitely. Cut mount sprint speed in half if you have 1 extra mount and remove mount sprint entirely if you have 2 extra. Or something to that effect. I think the weight and health of mounts is currently in a decent spot. Feel like there would be unintended consequences if they started messing with those things.

20. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

Just have mount sprint start after being on the mount for 20 seconds.

Problem Solved.

This doesn't solves mounts being too quick in sieges for flanks etc, but it's a start.