Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

New Dawn is one step forward to release.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brat, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Brat

Brat Akathar
    Hero

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

ye i enjoyed reading it..

Seems mid march of their launch of vanilla ...

the upcoming 8 months that follow will be real :p

3. Ron Paul

Ron Paul Deadeye

They have a pretty good idea about how to raise funds too. Give everyone the chance to play for 3 weeks straight out the gate then after the 3 weeks charge $10 a month while they revert to the indev server so they can implement their ideas.

It'll test out their hardware straight out the gate so they can begin making corrections and get massive amounts of hype.

It's like giving a crackhead a little taste then waving the rocks in his face. Brilliant! I'll be buying a sub straight out the gate, god knows I've wasted more money on shit games throughout the years.

ROA does need to hurry up I think competition will make both companies push that much harder and at least one of them will finally get Darkfall right.

4. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

At least we'll get to play some vanilla Darkfall before they ruin it. Hope RoA can come quicker...contrary to what people say here I believe a majority of people won't come to RoA if they already ground out a decent character over at DND regardless of how bad some of their ideas are.

Owyn Magnus likes this.
  5. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

i doubt roa will have any problems with this..

If dnd gonna implent local banking into their system.. which is why dnd will fail badly. most people gonna play on roa.

Local banking is the worst idea for darkfall imo

Slade, Drake Slade and Fengor like this.
  6. Flux D

Flux D Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor Legend

Im glad im not the only one that thinks local banking will leave shit stains all over nd players faces.

7. cannabis

cannabis Goblin Shaman

i dont care, ill gladly play both - at the same time

8. Kalos

Kalos Frostjarl
    Legend

I have no problem moving mid way thru to play RoA instead.

9. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

The same couple hundred people that post here have no problem with it, I have no problem with it, but most of the people that don't have the time to regrind, or just don't flat out want to move will stay to whichever project launches first and which place they put their initial time to settle into. As more time passes the second project is going to get less and less people to join on it's release. Regardless RoA needs to get their deal done swiftly because it's undoubtedly going to hurt whoever is second, and i'd hate for it to be RoA but it is looking that way.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  10. Lakisuria_Moonglade

Lakisuria_Moonglade Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Honestly if there isn't some kind of announcement before the next month i'm going to start getting concerned. I'm sure this legal shit takes time but this much of a delay is certainly disheartening. Especially with the amount of "Signing is imminent" Vibes i'm getting from some of the BPG posts.

I definitely don't want BPG time to become valve time.

11. Mega

Mega Earth Elemental
    Legend

Good luck to DnD, their team just feels more professional and their vision for the game will probably have more chance of staying alive.

I will try both games if they're ever released.

NonFactor likes this.
  12. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

The whole playing on a French server ping wise will push quite a few away as well. That combined with their local banking...I'm not worried.

Inositol likes this.
  13. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

Yeah that worries me too, it's part of the reason I don't want to even play there on release but darkfall is darkfall. They "state" that they will only have their servers in france on the initial release and then look into a east coast server but who knows. I'm gonna have 170 ping ;-;

14. Mega

Mega Earth Elemental
    Legend

Well, going by your logic I guess all the Euros and Russians may as well play DnD.

15. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

<--- 200. However, you're correct. Darkfall is darkfall. They state that but if AV taught us anything, it's believe it when I see it. Not when i hear it.

Inositol likes this.
  16. Gotja

Gotja Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

170 ping or not, it's still dorkfail

17. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

I played dfo 3 years with 160-200 ms. I dont care about french server.

I care about a dumb idea of local banking .

Slade likes this.
  18. Furion

Furion Skeleton Archer
    Contributor Legend

Actually have you been reading what they are going to do? its not actually all bad and looks like it could be a lot of fun!... A lot of things that people said about DnD was actually false and any questions you have about the games development you can just PM or write a post and The Devs will always reply with a honest answer. Regarding the server they said if it turns out the majority people playing is america for example then they would look to change the server location. I think they are learning towards New York server to be honest from what i've seen. Lastly i'm not a fan of local banking however if you read it up on it you'll see they have added a lot of things to support local banking like caravans etc and the fact is this will bring people closer into territory and holdings are potentially more worth fighting for?

I still support RoA and potentially will still play if things get a move on.. but its clear DnD get results and they are bluntly honest with people, unlike a lot of companies and well lets face it .. RoA got people hyped for an Alpha that might not even exsist. first with sign ups and then clan alpha signs up and then the whole its coming SOOON bullshit months before even getting a licence.. now they are saying it will be a few months AFTER they get the code which could be anytime.. it could be tomorrow, it could be 2 months away it literally could be never?? who knows right... anyway with Darkfall we need a company who can give us results not sit back and relax.. it just reminds me of AV all over again, which is a shame as i know behind the scenes they are passionate about the game relaunching.

I was very skeptical with DnD but the best advice would be to actually go on their forums express your concerns and actually see the answers from the dev team.

Anyhow wishing both games to succeed but lets face it only one will actually work.

PENETRATOR and Rosco like this.
  19. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

I have read their ideas. I'm a big fan of their racial wars, alignment system, and some of their clan war system. Their local banking ideas, and even minimal changes to combat (yes they said they would change it in their ray discussion, they sugar coated it and pussy footed around it but they are changing it) is what worries me not to mention how their economy will likely become imbalanced with all these new faucets they have planned ala trade routes, wild nodes and the bad that local banking will bring to the game...it's just opening up a slew of problems that don't need much fixing and will likely prove to be more problematic than anything...I'm a believer in that darkfall needs content, and more tools to play with and ND has the ideas they are just messing with the wrong area's of the game in my opinion. I'm all for giving more incentive to pure crafters, for giving more options/decision making to players through things like alignment, and racial wars but just don't change the combat flow and don't make the game a hassle with local banking is my take on the matter.

#19 propain, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    Ultra Combo likes this.
  20. dragula

dragula Gravelord
    Legend

DnD Launch = Get in the game, get the old feel back, brush up the scripts and binds.
    RoA Launch = Leave DnD behind. Time to get serious.

That's what I'm thinking anyway. But RoA still needs to get moving or there will only be about 50 of us in RoA when it finally launches. Three or four weeks behind is no big deal. Three or four months behind and it's..."Houston, we've got a problem".

Dixie Normus and Owyn Magnus like this.