Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

New dawn soon no more

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Copperfield, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Copperfield

Copperfield Frostjarl
    Legend

Seems they are getting liquidated

ROA is the winner :)

now please get me that tower patch

2. IsilithTehroth

IsilithTehroth Undead Dwarf
    Supporter

Honestly its not much better here tbh what with all the internal conflict, lack of vision, management ect. Both teams are terrible at adding anything to a game that was PREBUILT for them. They both should have worked together to form a company and a game, but then again I am sure nothing would have got done because of the lack of vision and cohesion.

Battle Smurf, quietnoobz and Myater like this.
  3. Myater

Myater Obsidian Golem
    Hero

How do you know this?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. IsilithTehroth

IsilithTehroth Undead Dwarf
    Supporter

Its possible its a elaborate troll, but someone linked a page to a company and a person that deals with company debt liqudation.

5. Bartlebe

Bartlebe Celestial
    Legend

6. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Black Knight
    Hero

By ubergames

''As a quick reply to this post:
    No official order reached us as of this day.
    This is the first we hear of this and we do not know how truthful this website is.

We will look into it and update you as soon as we know if there is actually something to worry about.

On our end, we're not going anywhere.''

If that's what it took for them to respond, then i'm worried.

7. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Black Knight
    Streamer Legend

Id like to think BPG are just titans of the gaming industry and have done so well with DF they bought out their competetion and now we get to play with more "u wot m8?" players. Then I woke up with hentai yiff on my computer screen.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  8. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Black Knight
    Hero

From someone else:

''First time I ever post in here.

But I can tell you how much bullshit this message is.

I'm french, I own a few companies in France and I know societe.com to be one trustworthy website, just like verif.com which shows the exact same information (https://www.verif.com/societe/UB3RGAMES-814368437/). The official website for information on companies in France is indeed infogreffe but they don't give any information about liquidation, ever.

Good bye Darkfall (again)''

I feel like i wasted 1:30h farming in DnD today. This is worrisome as hell.
    --- Post updated ---
    I always wanted 1 or the other to die. It never made sense to have 2 DF or 2 server. DF UW's era was the only time we had 1 server, but that game was trash.

9. Yomi Scythetalon

Streamer Legend

I was astonished when two games were announced. Already splitting a small community in half was garbo.

10. Thug Life

Thug Life Gravelord
    Hero

Big if true

They deserve to be shut down for local banking alone. Terrible idea from the very beginning.

11. ironkid

ironkid New Member

I doubt many New Dawn players will enjoy RoA since its basically a huge duel simulator and people dropping from the skies in villages. Even if your a big PvP fan this is not the way to go. New Dawn with all its flaws still offers much more dynamic and enjoyable group fight mechanics IMO.

12. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Cairn Giant
    Legend

Agreed the games are totally different experiences. One plays like more like an actual sandbox MMORPG closer to EvE and the other feels like a hybrid Rust/Arena/ Altered private server MMO with much of the MEANINGFULNESS/ progression/ indirect pvp/ logistics removed

If I only wanted to small scale bang solely for the sake of bang I'd just play Realm Royale/ Fortnight/ CS GO/ Quake Champions/ PUBG/ Battlefield ect

I want an actual game world with looong term item progression, character progression, real risk vs reward, with territory control, and a HISTORY to fights with politics where your name and guild matter. A game where people can die and take a real loss and winning has a tangible reward that I actually care about. A game where a legendary ballsy player can take out something really expensive and put it on the line to win for a real chance to win heavily outnumbered against scroaches/ pussys/ peasants

There's a reason why I watched DF1 and EvE videos, but never watched "highlight reels" from *insert generic arena game here*. Hell I didn't even care to watch UW videos or RoA ones even by the "best" players, I'd rather watch a fuckin noob in an unusual magic/hybrie spec in a New Dawn group fight or some guy solo roam in EvE in an expensive ship

Last time I watched an RoA video I LITERALLY fell asleep in my chair because there was no sense of urgency/ meaning to it and everyone had good gear and no reason to "hate" the other player.

If we had Race wars, better risk vs reward/progression via gear, territory control/ meaningful politics, more gear sinks and more resource scarcity then people could actually build up "grudges" and give more fucks

Most RoA PvP feels like a friendly spar rather than a fuck this kid and his whole crew, adrenaline pumping type fight.

Clan identity and cohesiveness is also a total joke compared to many other games

13. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Varangian Warthane
    Legend

lol at ub3r pulling a Tasos "we arent going to shut down"

14. Rimamok

Rimamok Air Elemental
    Legend

I’m concerned about New Dawn’s longevity, but not because of what appears to be misinformation on a phony cash-grab site. Based on the factoids I’ve read so far, it smells of BS.

If NewDawn can get meaningful Territory Control in in a reasonable time, I think it’s got a shot. Otherwise it’s done.

15. Kantor

Kantor Celestial
    Legend

If you read the thread on the ND forums you’ll see it’s more then one website. One of the website claiming liquidation is a French gov web. Guess they haven’t been paying since March of 2017. They owe 78k euros rip ND long live RoA.

#15 Kantor, Sep 14, 2018 at 8:12 AM
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 8:18 AM
  16. Rimamok

Rimamok Air Elemental
    Legend

That just doesn’t match up to me. An 18 month old 78k debt and they swear to not even know about it? It just smells wrong.

I think the New Dawn guys are vastly better programmers than they are businessmen, and I wouldn’t put bankruptcy past them. But the information being laid out doesn’t seem to line up.

17. Copperfield

Copperfield Frostjarl
    Legend

i think both sites are legit as fck..

and the shady reponse from uber just make it more legit

we will prolly see some more darkfallers coming to roa.. altho some might give up

18. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Windlord
    Legend

Literally hit the nail on the head for me dude.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  19. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

Uber just confirmed it is true. They intended to "lawyer up and fjght". Apprently they were not notified so they did not know they were beibg liquidated lololol

Fengor and Yomi Scythetalon like this.
  20. Yomi Scythetalon

Streamer Legend

Legal pvp fuck yea