Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

New Enchantments Available

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by RootedOak, Jan 19, 2017.

1. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

TL : DR There's a bunch of enchanting combos available to use + a list of shitty ideas.

The Staff Patch removed transmutations on Staves. This leaves eight available enchanting combinations ready for new enchants. These are the old transmute combinations listed below:

New Enchants Avaiable for various weapons or armor:
    Lifestealing
    Melee weapon only. This effect reduces the total damage dealt per hit by X and returns that health to the player by X amount. Magnitude scales with quality of enchantment similar to Human/etc Slayer enchants (~1 to ~5 damage per hit).
    Rending
    Melee or Archery weapon only. This effect converts 33% of melee damage into Bleeding Damage over 8 seconds.
    *sick name here* Red-Player Slayer
    Melee or Archery weapon only. This effect scales in magnitude just like Slayer enchants (~1 to ~5 damage per hit) except only effects Red aligned players.
    *sick name here* Blue-Player Slayer
    Melee or Archery weapon only. This effect scales in magnitude just like Slayer enchants (~1 to ~5 damage per hit) except only effects Blue aligned players.
    Berzerker's Fury
    Melee or Archery weapon only. Landing a consecutive Critical Hit (the red reticule hit) initiates increased Melee and Archery attack speed (a solo haste) for 1-4 seconds.
    Instinct of Intellect
    Staff Only. Reduces casting time of any elemental/Necro/Arcane spell by 10-30%. (This may seem OP, but you'd have to give up Mana Efficiency or Magnitude).
    Enchanter's Pride
    Melee or Archery weapon only. Adds white glow aesthetic.
    Destroyer Slayer
    Melee or Archery Only. A new "slayer" enchant that only effects players who have the Destroyer buff active. Magnitude is the same as all slayer enchants (~1 to ~5 damage per hit).​

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 RootedOak, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  2. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

I like the concept of the 'berzerker's fury' a lot, and would prefer something self activated in combat like that vs. the static haste other buff we have now. I don't like being able to forego mana efficiency for extra speed, unless that enchant would make spells cost more mana than they already do. It still takes a bit to power through a whole mana bar and giving extra speed to the already powerful staves in game would affect TTK too much.

3. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Possibly, but it could also reduce the spell magnitude by X (1-5) per hit like the Lifestealing enchant.

4. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

I much prefer equipment over specializations. Like the ideas overall :)

Sintan and Fengor like this.
  5. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

You wouldnt even forgo mana efficiency for it though. You would just pick up a new staff with an already high dmg base, leave off magnitude and go haste/mana efficiency and it would be broken

RootedOak likes this.
  6. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

then finally remove mana shield/mage killer combo.

lol

7. Harley Franklin

Legend

Wow some solid ideas there

8. Lord Kick

Lord Kick Crypt Guard
    Legend

This should only affect players that have the destroyer buff active... AND this enchant should only be active for players that have 50+ magic encumbrance. Effectively making a destroyer and/or Hybrid weapon.

Great ideas. Gets the think tank working.

9. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

I'm thinking a Hellraiser with a Rending + Keen would melt heavy players, but at the added disadvantage of 33% of your melee being over time (able to be healed through).

10. SoL

SoL Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Like these ideas!
    Perhaps?

Blue Killer "Murderous" or "of Slaughter"
    Red Killer "Righteous/Virtuous" or "of Virtue"

Fengor and Mycke like this.
  11. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

solid ideas. id love to see more of this type of stuff added to the game.

12. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

Like kick said, a buff on someone with say 50+ encumberance would be an interesting new concept. Could mix it in with indestructible somehow. I would laugh so hard if Looted a helmet of PLUS 12 encumbrance.

I'd really just like to see a "tank" spec. I know a lot of players who really enjoy that style of
    Play. Meat Shield Mega Beasts.

SoL and RootedOak like this.
  13. SoL

SoL Skeleton Archer
    Legend

I wouldn't mind not doing legitimate damage unless someone is just not paying attention to/avoiding me IF I could take a TON of punishment. I just wanna run around doing /laugh as Spells and Bolts pour into me!

Fengor likes this.
  14. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

i dont like the destroyer slayer, why have something that hurts something that is designed to do more damage? When a destroyer pulls melee he is on the same playing field as an equally skilled hybrid. Why give hybrids more power by adding insult to injury with a slayer against them? The rest of the enchants i love, the asthetic one seems a bit useless, if you could alter the recipe a bit and make different colors it would be kind of neat but not really worth an enchant slot (i think enchanted weapons should already have auras and effects to show their enchants same as armor). i could see the rest being used. I would also like to see a slayer for every mob type on the map.

Vampiric weapons like your first suggestion would be game changers. I love the idea. a lower stated player takes on a higher stat player but the lower stat player hits more and therefore narrows the gap. Ive lost lots of fights in my day where i did way more hits than the other person. If you could add an enchant to make chests get a massive increase in resistance and a helm with a natural hp regen rate increase that only works on indestructable you would see some tanks in the game using a spec that is currently lacking.

#14 kilrath81, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  15. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

new enchant...bubble numb

Places any player I don't like in a bubble with numb they can not leave until dead..when placed in duels against him places him in a unremovable bubblle that can be levatated at will.

Do it
    Like the ideas the life leach op for farming

SoL likes this.
  16. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

I think a 5% damage conversion to heal but loss to total output wouldn't be too OP but could shake things up in the PvP scene. Gear cruching would take a hit as people with less gear could last longer if they have more skill at landing hits.