Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

New Method To Get New Content

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Avenging Martyr, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Avenging Martyr

Avenging Martyr Celestial
    Legend

Hey guys,

So I'm against cosmetic items. I personally want to see a Star Citizenish Donation page where Concepts for armor/weap ect are put up, discussed, designed and funded.

Preventing BPG from taking a $$$ loss while making new stuff for our game. So they can focus the money they have into hiring people, Upgrading or maintenance for severs and of course pay the bills while making some money they are certainly working for.

Many of our community members are not poor. Since it's by donation no one is forced.

Cosmetic items are usually so 1 item on 1 guy can look cooler. Where if we as a community fund entirely new items/armor everyone can find/use in game and that increases the variety in game in so many ways.

This could be done with monsters in game as well. Boats or Artillary. The community could give concepts or ideas and donate to have them created/added.

This system could really improve darkfall I think. I'd recommend a seperate donation link/progress for each idea/item. So the favorites could be focused on first.

I'd love to hear everyones thoughts on this.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 Avenging Martyr, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  2. PENETRATOR

PENETRATOR Earth Elemental
    Legend

This is by far a better option than a cosmetic cash shop to get extra money for development.

I see too many bad reasons to have a cash shop. One of them is too huge: the cash shop will take away from the sandbox nature of Darkfall. You should be able to acquire everything from in-game and not IRL $$$.

If you do choose to go cash shop route, then might as well do F2P model to generate max revenue from the shop. But it gets that far, then I probably will be playing the other iteration of Darkfall. Cash shops are cancer.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

I agree but I find it annoying that cell phone games are raking in millions with their pay 2 win cash shops. Clash of clans and game of war have super bowl ads for crying out loud. Not even Blizzard is on that level

4. DestLocke

DestLocke Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Sadly, all those games are pay to win one way or the other that's why.

5. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

The one thing each of those games have in common is the ease in accessibility with constant smaller goals to keep you immersed and motivated to one large goal (which always gets further away due to "new content"). Pay money to get there faster FTW and once you're $10k in, you get one big weight lifted off your shoulders because you've won and it gets replaced with a huge real life burden of paying the credit cards you maxed out to achieve your goal.
    If this game can get even 1% of people like this (have to be a hydrid of pay to win players and COD) it will succeed ten fold on what the expectations are.
    The goal is to attract new players with an almost Diablo style story or well written and choreographed lore/tutorial that will engage the newbie so much, that the end game choices can be more than just: Join a clan, take orders, participate in sieges and eventually be the leader of a clan that controls a large city. I'm a hardcore pvper in all games I play but let's face it guys, we don't keep the lights on. All the "baddies", "trammies"(UO term), "WoW scrubs" and "NPC Town dwellers" pay for the game to keep running and attracting new players. Like I always say, I love the game the way it is, but I'm not going to say the newbies should get the cold shoulder if I want to eventually see Agon filled with 50k plus heads. Although pvp is the main end game goal, it should never feel forced on everyone.

6. Etheom

Etheom Goblin Warrior

Has the official payment model for RoA been announced? I haven't seen any official position on the subscription price or presence of cash shop.