Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

New player here, needing info

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darnock, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Darnock

Darnock Goblin Scout

Hello there, I was told about this game on mmorpg.com

So right now I'm downloading the game and trying to learn about it. I was told that I needed a clan, so I guess I'm open to that.

If you know anything thats a good source for info, please share it

thank you very much

Korag, BeatIt, Kwatos and 3 others like this.
  2. Darkwulf

Darkwulf Gravelord

3. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Kwatos, Darnock, koruun and 2 others like this.
  4. koruun

koruun Akathar

Hey there!

Darkfall is a truly amazing game, the clan warfare, politics, and pvp is unparalleled, but beginning the journey can be a little confusing for most. Unfortunately there isn't much direction for new players, but there are a few things that can help you out.

The above link is going to be very useful for you to understand and master the basics of the game, so I'd suggest you start there. Once in-game, there will be two chat channels of particular interest to you: the "new players" and "order" channels respectively. While there may be some trolling as in any game, if you ask a question or need direction you should be able to find help in either chat channel. Lastly, but perhaps most importantly, DO THE STARTER QUESTS! :) When you spawn in, there will be an npc named the chancellor or councilor nearby, press "F" to interact with him (F is used to interact with mounts, banks, items, chests, etc.). There will be a quest tab - click it and accept both quests. Once you finish the first quests more should show up, leading you into the nearby town where more naps await with even more quests. I'd suggest at least finishing all of the quests in whatever town you start in.

Also, in each npc city there is a bank, which is a large metal box, with a blue flag nearby - you should continuously bank any items that you do not need on you before going on your next outing. If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me in game (setor archbane) or here on the forums (open up a convo with me!) - I'm confident many others will offer their help as well. Welcome to Darkfall!

p.s. Joining a clan is definitely a good thing to do. Once in-game, there will be a shield at the top left of the screen interface, called "Clans" Click this, and then go to browse clans --> find a clan that looks appealing to you --> click its name --> menu --->recruitment ---> apply.

BeatIt, Fengor, Kwatos and 2 others like this.
  5. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

p.p.s don't join the gentlemen

Korag, Burning, Fengor and 1 other person like this.
  6. Bartlebe

Bartlebe Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Patron Legend

Hit the link in my forum signature for more videos. Lots of education materials there that can be really helpful.

Fengor and Grimtide like this.
  7. Mea Kulpa

Mea Kulpa Wildtribe Mage

Good luck in your Darkfall Journey!

Pace yourself, it can get overwhelming with so much to initially do and learn.

Kind Regards,

M ~

Korag and Fengor like this.
  8. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

Don't type the word FUCK in game because its very naughty and the game will delete your entire chat message if your naughty!

#8 Quin Tessence, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Kwatos and Bartlebe like this.
  9. Darnock

Darnock Goblin Scout

lol, well thank you everyone for all your insight. I do have a question though. Right now is magic alittle over powered? I use to only see people in heavy armor with 2h swords on videos and now I'm seeing more mages.

10. Darnock

Darnock Goblin Scout

I don't understand those dots

Fengor, Kwatos and Chantree like this.
  11. Burning

Burning Goblin Shaman
    Legend

This there are a few clans to avoid that prey on noobs and scam them but The Gentleman is probably the biggest. Join a reputable clan or even Darkfall university to get started.
    --- Post updated ---
    Well I replied seriously but this is a giveaway. Nice b8 m8.

12. Darnock

Darnock Goblin Scout

a give away? I still have no idea what you are talking about. I've seen some pvpers on youtube, in darkfall they would be in heavy armor and have 2h swords. Now with this new game all the pvpers are using magic. I'm just asking if the game is balanced.

13. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Short answer, no which is why people are being evasive.

You can play a melee main but its more expensive to gear up heavy and its harder to play, though in the hands of a skilled player they are plenty strong, but takes time to acquire that skill.

Kwatos likes this.
  14. Kwatos

Kwatos Infernal

Not sure if trolling or just trolling

TryHard likes this.
  15. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Magic is easier to play solo with also easier to be viable, it just takes longer to level, Destro can be strong but it has a higher skill ceiling at least when solo plus being more expensive once you are more developed.

16. koruun

koruun Akathar

You can hate the Gentlemen for whatever reason and with whatever amount of emotion that you want, but saying we are scammers and abusers of new players is grasping at straws. We have the longest history of helping new players at this point out of the other long standing clans, I've worked hard in both DFO and RoA with helping new players, and have been running new player initiatives for the Gentlemen in both iterations. When I was the main SG there was a reason my new player guides were stickied on the official forums. There was a reason our numbers bolstered after my efforts. New players who join us and have moved on have mostly responded positively to the way they were treated and their experiences. You can hate our politics, our members, or whatever you wish but attacking what I've done in terms of helping new players is pretty low - the burden of proof is on you. There's members of many various clans I personally don't like, and actions by clans I don't support, but that doesn't mean I'm going to group all the members together into one category, or try to universally label a group of gamers.

17. clandestino2a

clandestino2a Skeleton Archer

they think you are a troll because you ask about balance between magic and melee, they don't understand a lot of mmo players like to play melee. even if you spec melee (destroyer) mages will do more damage than you in melee so no the game is not balanced at all. if 99% of vets play mages/hybrids there is a reason, its easier to play and more powerfull.

18. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

^ This
    This is the most troll thing I have ever read

There aren't "mages" lol...

19. Darnock

Darnock Goblin Scout

I have no idea why people think I am trolling when I see old videos of people in pvp videos just being "tanks" then in the new videos people have posted I see them being more of "mages".

I'd like to thank everyone for all their advice, I found this very helpful. I will be using the name Darnock in game so if you'd like to say hello that would be wonderful :)

Thank you again

Wes Furtive likes this.
  20. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

In case you haven't noticed, 90% of the community here hates new players.

Darnock likes this.