Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

New Player inquiry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skoda Zek, May 21, 2020.

1. Skoda Zek

Skoda Zek New Member

Greetings,

Decided to give this Rise of Agon a try, I was an original DFO player who hated the Unholy Wars relaunch and very much miss the original DarkFall Online.

If I choose to play Rise of Agon it will be premium from the start as I refuse to play with F2P restrictions. There are a couple questions I have first before I hand over first month subscription.

How populated is the server?
    How long has it been online in Final release (not including, betas, alphas, and tests)?
    Has there been any recent or planned future resets/wipes?
    How close to original DFO is Rise of Agon?

Thank you very much for any and all responses.

Fengor likes this.
  2. Skoda Zek

Skoda Zek New Member

Thank you very much for your quick and informative response. The fast travel revelation is unfortunate (I am an original DFO player who loved the aspects of the game that might for a lack of a better word be considered unpopular nowadays. Instant gratification is the flavor of the day currently it seems.)
    What is the expected timeline to be out of testing and into full launch?
    Are there any other conveniences or additional changes designed to make the game less daunting or threatening planned for the future or is fast travel the extent of it?

Thanks again for all the help.

3. Ibis

Ibis Skeleton Archer
    Staff Member Game Master

Don't let him fool you!

I can't go in details about online numbers but its much higher than his estimated guess.
    We got out of open beta in May 2017 and into a full launch so we have been released for over 3 years now

But you should come by our discord where its a bit easier to talk and you got the devs there as well ready to answer any questions you might have

You can join the discord with this link: https://discord.gg/riseofagon

Kalos likes this.
  4. Atticus Killbane

Atticus Killbane Skeleton Archer
    Loyal Tester

Ok let's try this for a 4th time. Join the discord and ask the community to make your own informed decision about the state of the game. Don't let one person influence you.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #4 Atticus Killbane, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
    Conqueror likes this.
  5. Garou

Garou Deadeye

someone ought to write a script that goes through and parses all unique names from agonmetrics for the past month.

that would literally give you the number of players playing, since if you dont kill anyone or die to anyone in a month youre not playing the game.

Say ibis, what do you think the number would look like?

Should probably do it, and put an active player counter down, and see how long it would take for agonmetrics to be gone.

6. Rimamok

Rimamok Spellgazer
    Legend

I'm also a player who enjoys longer-term character growth. Almost all skills and stats are vastly faster to train than in DFO. However, getting your stats to 110 and especially 120 represent significant long-term goals.

7. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

I'll try to give you some objective answers. We'll see if this post stays up.

1. The server population is hard to pin down. Suffice to say, there's a reason that BPG doesn't make the number public. The numbers have been going up as of the past few months, however.
    2. The RoA version of Darkfall just had its 3 year anniversary. In all honesty, it's impressive that they've been able to keep the server running this long on a shoestring budget, and with a dev team that is mostly unpaid. Patching and fixes has ramped up significantly in the past few months.
    3. Andrew and the Devs have been adamant that there will be no wipe or relaunch. The reality is that while a relaunch of the game could bring folks back to the game, it needs to be done the right way.
    4. ROA IS DFO, with a number of changes over the past 3 years. As Atticus mentioned, travelling is easier, along with character progression.

Kalos, Mea Kulpa and Fengor like this.
  8. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

lmao join the discord and ask questions/get info? are you serious, you guys mute/ban people if they agree with everything you guys say.
    ya'll are as bad as the liberal media.

Geezy answered your questions pretty well tbh.

9. WizardKing

WizardKing Dire Zombie
    Benefactor Tester

Why do we let these trash ass fake astroturf posts every couple of days? Do you not realize how oppressed the western world is in all of it's products online? You have to defend your free speech with moderation from these pieces of shit. Fuck you OP.

10. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy

A bit more of a transparent alt account this time.

I think you guys forgot to add Free Mino to the op tho. 3/10

11. Atticus Killbane

Atticus Killbane Skeleton Archer
    Loyal Tester

im so confused